ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606829
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I hate to point out that these are singers, not bands. That being said I'll have to vote for Cash. To me some of his songs are just legendary. And even his covers (see "Hurt" - originally a NIN tune) are epic!

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

This is such an easy one Johnny Cash. My dad raised me with his music so you know... It's weird how I listen to 50s country at this age xD

redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Johhny Cash, he did rockabily in the 50's and I love that.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm not familiar with these artists, but I'm pretty sure that Johnny Cash isn't a band... Just kidding, I can't resist the temptation

I don't usually listen to this kind of music, but I have to admit that I'm having some trouble deciding which one to vote because I like both of them. They both sound really good, have a nice voice and I just love the sound of the guitars. However, it seems to me, who has absolutely no knowledge about this music, that Jennings was a "classic" country musician, while Cash explored other genres. Cash's songs surprise me every time due to that musical variety and that's probably the main reason why I'm voting for him.

So my vote goes to Johnny Cash.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

A now for an update. Maybe it was wishful thinking to hope for more votes than this, but I expected more. Current score:

I hate to point out that these are singers, not bands.

I'm aware of this, but adding singers ads to the variety of this competition. Plus, we've done this before, I believe most recently with the battle of the Beatles, where we pitted each Beatle member against each other.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Although Waylon Jennings has a few songs I really love, I'm going to have to go with the man in black on this one. Johnny Cash is just above and beyond most people in country music. So much so that he is bigger than country music, where Waylon is "merely" country music. If that makes any sense.

My vote is for Johnny Cash.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Johnny Cash, all the way.

NemNems
NemNems
6 posts
Nomad

I would say Johnny Cash, but both don't really interest me. Almost never heard about Waylon Jennings. But Johnny Cash as merit, for his amazing cover of "Hurt" which is one of my favourite songs ever.

DancesWithFoxes
DancesWithFoxes
58 posts
Nomad

Johnny Cash has my vote

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Johnny Cash, all the way

Johnny Cash has my vote

you guys need to include reasoning with your vote. As your posts stand, they barely qualify as anything more than spam. The point of this thread is to provoke discussion and in order to do so, some reasoning must be had.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I have no other reasoning besides the fact that I prefer Johnny Cash's voice. If I wanted to logic you a conclusion, I'd be in WEPR. Just let this oldtimer walk the line.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Oh, I need to end this soon. MrDayCees gone again, and I'm not able to update as much as I'd like. Anyhow, I need to dig about for a new battle, and I'll get it up when I can.

Current score:

If you got a suggestion for a battle, feel free to post it on my profile.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Time to wrap this up. Final score:

That was a bit of a blowout there. Perhaps this next one will be a bit closer.

Our next battle is

Johnny Cash vs. Willie Nelson

For Johnny Cash example songs, see the last page.

Willie Nelson:
On The Road Again
Always On My Mind
Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

Let the battle begin!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

My vote in this one is Willie Nelson.

I like Willie's voice over Cash's. I like nearly everything I've heard by Willie whereas with Cash, I like quite a few. What I do like about Cash is his aura, if that makes sense to people. He has this certain residual darkness that is larger than his music. While Willie's aura is fun-loving and laid-back. I think they're both great artists, but in the end it's about the music for me, and Willie's music just seems to grab me more than Cash's.

Vote - Willie Nelson

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Honestly, I really like the two guys equally, but I'd gotta say... Nelson.

Showing 3946-3960 of 4274