ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606570
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I like Journey more. Bruce Springsteen is OK, but I have never really been fond of his voice or style.

Plus, don't stop believing is a great song, so my vote has to go to Journey.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Um, Skele may I ask how long each battle runs?

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

"Dancing in the Dark" is one of my two favorite songs from the 1980's. The other one is "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel.

Springsteen

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

A few more days pass and Journey extends their lead! Come on, Bruce fans, where are you when The Boss needs you?

---------------------------
Bruce Springsteen - 3
Journey - 6

Um, Skele may I ask how long each battle runs?

Traditionally it's supposed to go until one group reaches 10 votes, but because this is the first battle in a very long time, and the thread still hasn't taken off yet, I'm just going to call it in the next couple days.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, there are a lot of old-er bands/singers here. Don't really know too much about this type of music so thanks for posting some links. lol

Personally I chose Journey. They're awesome man and I use to listen to them when I was younger. That and "Don't Stop Believin'" is just a classic and needs to be worshiped. Simple as that.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I have to admit that I didn't know who Journey was until I click on one of the links. And then I realised I had listened to some of their songs before... Oh, I'm really bad at remembering bands names sometimes.

I've been listening to Journey lately due to this thread. Obviously, I wouldn't've done it if I hadn't liked it. They're a great band and their music is amazing (who can dislike "Don't stop believing"?). However, Springsteen is The Boss, you know. I've been listening to his songs since... mmm... I can't really recall. Always, I guess. I really like his voice and the way he sings, plus I don't remember (right now) any song that I don't like. I know this is not the most elaborated reasoning, but this is what I have

So my vote goes to Bruce Springsteen.

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

is there anyone who doesn't know the lyrics to don't stop believin' by now? you can say "just a small town girl" anywhere and you'll almost always hear "livin' in a lonely world" come from somewhere. my vote goes to journey.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

And we have a winnerrrr!

Bruce Springsteen - 4
Journey - 8

Two powerful voices matched up against each other... in the end, only one could be the victor, and that voice of victory was that of Steve Perry from Journey! A sad day for Bruce fans everywhere, but a triumph for all who love Journey!

Which means it's time for a new battle! So, without further ado, I present to you...

Elton John

http://petegriffin.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/elton-john-1970.jpg

Daniel
Tiny Dancer
Philadelphia Freedom
Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
Candle in the Wind

vs.

David Bowie

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/blogs/lists/David%20Bowie.jpg?1363084762

Space Oddity
Fame
Ziggy Stardust
Let's Dance
Changes

Ready... set... VOTE!!

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Ooh Elton and Bowie ^^ Haha I'm gonna vote Elton because of the song Rocket Man... I love that song lol

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Philadelphia Freedom is one of my favorite songs, to listen to and to sing. Island Girl is great too, and how can you not love Crocodile Rock or Rocket Man?

David Bowie has Cat People, but that's the extent of my liking for anything he's done musically.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

This is going to hurt lots of people, but I don't really like either of them. I like David's Space Oddity tons, but I also like Elton's Rocket Man and Crocodile rock.

I really don't know who to vote for here. I think though I will go with David, cause I have seen Elton in interviews and while he is funny he is also sorta mean. So David wins for me.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The only song I like from David Bowie is Let's Dance. I think it's an amazing song but Elton John made many good songs like Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Yellow brick road, Rocket man, etc.
My vote goes to Elton John.

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

david is such a cool guy but Elton is the better musician. I vote for Elton john. see how the browser automatically capitalized his name and not david's? I didn't do that intentionally.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Definitely Elton John. Simply because I love Lion King, which includes Can you feel the love tonight.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Elton John because I'm more familiar with his work, although I know David as well. Lots of fond memories have been made while listening to Elton's songs, though, so I give my vote to him.

Showing 4006-4020 of 4274