ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606590
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Iron Maiden, for reasons previously listed by many others.

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

Wow, six months and still no new battle? This is not the way things should be. I'm calling the manager.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Lol I voted in march? 5 months w/o any battle jeez.

Krinviper
Krinviper
2 posts
Peasant

You obviously cannot reach a suitable conclusion regarding both these legendary acts. It all eventually rests on personal preference. Besides, they're separate generations of heavy metal. How about comparing these guys:http://http://www.jacksonguitars.com/blog/artist-news/megadeths-chris-broderick-talks-shop-with-guitar-world/ http://http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/Kirk_Hammett_live_in_London_15_September_2008.jpg/250px-Kirk_Hammett_live_in_London_15_September_2008.jpg

SemperFIN
SemperFIN
37 posts
Nomad

Breaking The Law, Electric Eye, You've Got Another Thing Comin', Turbo Lover, Heading Out To The Highway, The Green Manalishi, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Diamonds And Rust, Blood Red Skies and many others...

My vote goes for Judas Priest

Don't get me wrong though, there is nothing wrong with Iron Maiden, i just
haven't heard many songs from them.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Hmmm... *rubs forehead* ...I guess this thread died and got buried somehow. *grump* =/

Time to revive it! *picks up shovel*

There... *wipes sweaty forehead* ...ahhh, let's see... last battle posted February 20th 2013? OUCH!! That's old... (oO)

Well... *strokes beard* ...you know what?! I think we'll leave it in the capable hands of @Skeleton_Pilot to run it for now, as he has some good ideas and is eager to kickstart it again! Right buddy? =)

Here ya go... rock 'em hard!! \\m//_ _\\m//

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yay! Good luck Skele! And thank you for running it for so long, DayCee.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Thank you for the introduction! I will be posting the battles from now on, and I'll always be accepting suggestions! My creativity just isn't what it used to be, after all... =P

Our first battle is a duel of powerful 80s voices...

Bruce Springsteen

http://www.annehelenpetersen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bruce-springsteen-1.jpg

Dancing in the Dark
Born in the U.S.A.
Pink Cadillac
I'm On Fire
Born to Run

vs.

Journey

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2013/01/Journey.jpg

Don't Stop Believin'
Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
Any Way You Want It
Wheel in the Sky
Faithfully

Ready... set... VOTE!! (I stole DayCee's line =D)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

And let me be the first to cast a vote here! =)

Both contestants have a voice that brings feeling to a song like only a few musicians can do this. Almost as if they express the pain almost literally...

I have a great admiration for "the Boss" and my first-ever cassette/tape (does anyone know what that is, let alone have them still?! *raises hand* Yep!!) was one that contained Springsteen's 'Born in the U.S.A.' album (vinyl... another ancient device, lol), which gave me hours and hours of pleasure listening to his awesome songs and loudly singing along with them. They all had a certain drive in them... rythem that kept on going throughout the song, but different with each of them.

But then... I discovered Journey, and most of all... the amazing voice of Steve Perry!! That man has a true gem-like bliss over him whenever he raises it to portray some of the greatest songs ever written and performed! Who out there doesn't know the song "Don't Stop Believing"?! It remains to be one of my favorite songs of all time, making me crank up the radio and singing (well trying to sing is a better description) along whenever it is on! Heck... that goes for EVERY song they made over the past decades...

So, in a short conclusion, my vote goes to JOURNEY!! They deserve to be bigger and more well-known, than they already are... =)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

This is one of the most difficult choices I've ever had to make in this thread, as I have a tremendous respect for both of these musical acts. There truly isn't one I prefer over the other musically.

So my vote goes to Bruce Springsteen.

Oh, right. Reasoning. Simply put, I like his personality better than that of Steve Perry. Steve has a one-of-a-kind voice (except for that new Filipino guy they've replaced him with), but when he sings, he comes off as overly showy and quite full of himself. For a guy who looks like a long-haired Peewee Herman, he takes himself way too seriously. Bruce, on the other hand, seems much more approachable in his singing and his general stage presence. Even his lyrics will occasionally make you chuckle. There's clearly a lot more to this guy than just a powerful voice and a theatrical presence (there's probably more to Steve too, but he doesn't make a habit of displaying it).

Don't get me wrong, I love Journey. They're one of the few musical acts in today's world that receive as much hype as they deserve (too many others receive far too much). But there's only one Bruce Springsteen, and he's a lot more than just a voice.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Wow this one is surprisingly pretty tough for me... But i'll have to go with Journey as I feel more of their songs than Springsteen. However, Born in the USA is awesome.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

And after three short days, Journey takes the lead!

---------------------------
Bruce Springsteen - 1
Journey - 2
---------------------------

Come on, people, vote! Legendary explosive voices like these deserve more recognition than this!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Well, dang.

Bruce Springsteen was incredible.

But so was Journey.

But Bruce Springsteen had Born in the U.S.A.

But Journey had Don't Stop Believin'.

And Bruce Springsteen had all of those other tracks.

And so did Journey.

Er.

Um.

Boy.

Well.

Heh.

Two super iconic musicians... I love both of them for reasons previously mentioned... I guess I'm going to choose Journey because I'm more of a fan of the genre.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I don't know why, but Springsteen never really caught my attention. He isn't bad or anything, his songs just never really caught my attention. But Journey, my dad always used to sing "Don't stop believin" to me when I was little. So for the sake of my childhood, I will vote for Journey. Although they have a lot of other really good songs as well.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I really prefer Bruce's voice over Journey's, but only by a teeny weeny bit. Both, after all, can sing with raw emotion that can bring tears to the eyes, but at the end of the day, I prefer Bruce over Journey.

So I vote for Bruce Banner-er I mean Bruce Springsteen. Yep.

Showing 3991-4005 of 4274