ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5431882
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay Efan.

So far we've got this:

Goumas- wrote something, I am satisfied
Thoad- I have to verify the corrections
Crimson- wrote an entry which I replied to
Xzeno- has promised it will come soon or something
Kingryan- has sent something, and I have to give feedback
Manta- gave me an idea, and I replied
Efan- coming soon apparently

Yeah, I think that's what we got so far.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I think that's what we got so far.

So the deadline was Sunday, Goumas, me, Crimson, and KingRyan have written something roughly acceptable.
...DOIP
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*waits for potentially negative feedback*

Yea...many peoples have disappeared...

How's the skull Thoadsy?

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

@Strop,

I know What year it is T.T

What I meant was, didn't you want to finish this in 2009, Before 2010?

If not, My mistake.

But still. Forever.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yeah, well, you can't make epic overnight. I could only wish to create something as epic as, say Eichiro Oda's One Piece, but he's been going for like decades and has a full dedicated team to churning out a chapter a week, whereas we're two busy hosts with a few enthusiastic but also busy participants who've only been working on this for a little over one year. Just to put things in perspective.

I revised the projected date a few times due to the story actually growing more complicated and gaining dimensions I hadn't considered before, and because I wanted to give as much as possible to as many facets to let them develop and weave them into the story. I hate strictly linear storylines, but this came at the expense of efficiency. However as things stand I can expect to finish the storyline itself by the end of this year.

As for finishing all the content and going to the next stage of the project... that'll take much longer.

I'm going to look at the emails again shortly.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

One Peice got boring when chopper got introduced. >

Nice talking for a post or few. GL With this though.

Back to be my slumber for the next, oh, 2 months or so. Just untill holidays start.

Untill then,

Toodiloo~

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

One Peice got boring when chopper got introduced. >

Oh man, you have no idea just how much you're missing out on. They hadn't even gotten to Brook or Gecko Moria or Franky or even fleshed out the story of Nico Robin, you haven't met cyborg Franky or the Cypher Police 9, missed the awesome that was Enies Lobby where the Straw Hat pirates officially declare war on the World Government, you haven't even met Blackbeard or found out anything about Whitebeard and his position or relationship with Red Haired Shanks, you know nothing about the royal Tenryuubito and the incident on the Shabondy archipelago, where we also meet Silvers Rayleigh, first mate to Gol D Roger himself. You don't even know who half the Shichibukai are! You're also missing out on the continued evolution of the various allegiances of such characters as the former members of Baroque Works from the Alabasta arc. To top it all off you've just missed the biggest and baddest story arc of them all so far: the breach of the greatest undersea prison, Impel Down and the following war at Marinford, in which... well, incredible things happen.

Basically there are a ****load of characters in One Piece but what makes it so epic is that Oda goes to great lengths not to give many of them dimension with their own backstory which interacts with the broad picture in complex ways, but also develops them throughout and has many of them playing an evolving role as the situation updates. That's the kind of model I was hoping to emulate on a much smaller scale.

Okay, still haven't finished replying to the emails, but will do so in a few hours.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lol I just noticed this typo:

epic is that Oda goes to great lengths not to give many of them dimension with their own backstory whi...

That "not" should not be in there.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

One Piece is just an employee's spinoff of Rurouni Kenshin, which was a better cartoon

And no, I'm not trying to provoke anything lol

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I won't deny the enduring legacy nor the quality of Rurouni Kenshin, but seeing as I haven't read it in its entirety I couldn't compare the two. I can say for now though that my fondness for One Piece is not least a matter of personal taste. I like the ridiculous, the irreverent, the grand, whereas my impression of Kenshin is that it's generally very srs biznis.

Also claiming that you're not trying to provoke anything is like calling me a chink and saying you're not trying to be racist!

And way to be off-topic >_>

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yeah okay it censored chink. How am I supposed to say 'chink in the armor' then!?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

You started it! D: kinda

WoM has been SOO popular that it would be ttly cool if we did one with a Beta theme to it! Not to put you over the workload or anything. Someone else can do it

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Ninja'd...erm...say clink instead?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You started it! D: kinda

Kinda not :P I'll get back to you once I've read Kenshin, which will also be when I read all of Usagi Yojimbo.

WoM has been SOO popular that it would be ttly cool if we did one with a Beta theme to it!

You mean an original character tournament? Why not put together one yourself? Though there's a bit of a queue which I'm holding up until it finishes...
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Why not put together one yourself?

lol I made a story and got that far. Juuust to the point of where Beta actually starts. That's like you mentioning the intro before doing the intro.

I kinda actually wanna continue. Since November 8th is the hot date everyone's perking up to.

Also I never read past round 1. I'll go to the archives tomorrow D':
Showing 4576-4590 of 5646