ForumsThe TavernA Sixth Sense...

55 20611
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

if you could have a sixth sense, what would it be? hearing ghosts? seeing dead people? you decide...

• 55 Replies
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I saw a shadow in my house when no one was there. I don't know if that is a sixth sense.

Gregbyte
Gregbyte
1,053 posts
Nomad

@Tennisman No that was probably, as most would tell you, a trick of your mind, lighting or some other thing. I sometimes see a pair of eyes against a black background when it's dark but that's probably because I've been on AG for too long.

@Pois0n sssh don't ruin the fun

MysticWing
MysticWing
287 posts
Nomad

If I had a Sixth Sense it would be to probably see the body for what it is(not X-ray style included), as in the muscles and pressure points because I am fond of that kind of fighting style and it would be cool to actually know what happens to the body with different actions such as hitting a pressure point here or there and stuff!

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Well Gregbyte. I have also felt wind against me when I am alone in my room.

Gregbyte
Gregbyte
1,053 posts
Nomad

Was the window open lol xD

Roland7749
Roland7749
210 posts
Nomad

I would like to see the future and both short, medium, and long term events (how far away they are from the moment I see them)

Roland7749
Roland7749
210 posts
Nomad

However I already do sometimes in my dreams...

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Was the window open lol xD

Nope. Just me and my dog.
Gregbyte
Gregbyte
1,053 posts
Nomad

@ tennisman24 freakay

I think this thread would better be labelled Abilities you want

Extrasensory perception (ESP) involves awareness of information about events external to the self not gained through the senses and not deducible from previous experience. The term was coined by Duke University researcher J. B. Rhine to denote psychic abilities such as telepathy, precognition, Retrocognition, Intuition and Psychokinesis. ESP is also sometimes casually referred to as a sixth sense, gut instinct or hunch . The term implies sources of information currently unexplained by science.

[i]Source: Wikipedia[i]

A proper explanation of sixth sense.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

my sixth sense would be super fast reaction times, like seeing things in slow motion and being able to dodge bullets. its more like an ability or super power, but still, it would be awesome!

Mine would be the sense/ability to manipulate time... heehee thatd be fun
SonnyNerd
SonnyNerd
634 posts
Nomad

Hey,hey,hey! Whoa! Wait a minute! I HAVE a sixth sense. And my grannys "darling" have a sixth sense to! He can talk with animals(like me) and he can see ghosts easier than other "normal" people(like me). He is not my granpa. But he has made a "shield" around me so i see less things and no voices in my head.(I had that once on a math lesson 1 year ago) I'll tell you, it was around 4-6 different voices talking at the same time in my head. My little sister saw one a year ago. I did that to. It is chocking. Beacuse you know it's real and it's odd.

And if someone rejects me. I have a thing to you: 4 Words To Choke Upon. BURN IN HELL FREAK!!!!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

6th sense ehhh...? tEchnically speaking it should be a 10th sense since we humans have at least 9 senses (some say 21 though). sight, hearing, taste,sense, tough; but what about proprioception, nociception. equilibrioception or thermoception. ok I'll stop.... For my 6th sense I would like would be the ability to see light that is off he visible spectrum just to see a bigger rainbow.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

Pixie, why are your posts always the overly know-it-all...esque, discombobulated posts that only you and other people with doctorates can understand? And technically, aren't all of those -ception thingys you listed part of the touch sense...

What are the senses sharks have called?

Wow... that was ADD...

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Pixie, why are your posts always the overly know-it-all...esque, discombobulated posts that only you and other people with doctorates can understand? And technically, aren't all of those -ception thingys you listed part of the touch sense...

Sorry I was bored. well equilibrioception is your sense of balance, not really touch. nociception is sensing pain wgich isn;t really touch either (pain in your joints etc.) proprioception is the ability to sense where your body parts are without seeing them "body awarenss" though I agre I don;t see how thermoception is much different to touch since you sense the temperature of things touching you.

sorry qwerty <kicks self>
Naruto_982
Naruto_982
70 posts
Nomad

Reading minds

Showing 16-30 of 55