ForumsWEPRMichael Jackson is Dead!?!

310 60749
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Michael Jackson, the king of pop, died this afternoon of a heart attack at UCLA medical center.

• 310 Replies
Mike412
Mike412
332 posts
Nomad

Aw come on alt, we know you're smart...for a whitey

OMG RACIAL DISCRIMINATION!!! FLAG THE POST WE NEED A MOD IN HERE NOW!!!

IE the overly-evangelical Christian, the mountain-hick Caucasian, etc.

I find it funny that its usually people with the hick/redneck lifestyle that become devout Christians, while people in cities/more developed areas are less religious
(That's not a stereotype or anything like that.)

As for the actual topic, I have mixed feelings about it. I'll acknowledge to many he was a pop symbol, but I feel that in recent years (the years that I can actually remember) he's lost that status due to his actions and lifestyle. All in all, I'm not that upset by this, since that's not my kind of music anyways

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well you would be allowed buuuut...maybe elsewhere. Somebody needs to create a Russell Peters thread or something...

I'd like also to give a passing thought to the entire Jazz movement of the first half of the 20th century, which was composed pretty much entirely of Blacks for the period of its ascendancy (because it was derived from Blues).

How does that figure?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

(That's not a stereotype or anything like that.)

That's not stereotyping, that's demographic generalisation. As long as we're aware of what it is then it's fine.
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

In a play we did once we had to do the thriller movement, his music was kinda good, never was a big fan, and all the bad news around never did help him.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

oh it doesn't matter strop becuase noone listens to jazz or blues anymore and were only counting mj here bcuz he was liek pwnzor and teh other music dudes who were way more influential didnt invent the moonwalk so they dont count as doing anything for the industry and their music makes me go to sleep and mjs is so rockin it makes dead people dance

/general demeanor of MJ fanboys

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

When Sarah Faucet went to Heaven, God said, "You've been so good, I'll let you have one wish." Sarah wished for all the children in the world to be safe.

God said "Done."

Well, that was a really mean joke, but really, MJ was a legend. RIP.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

I meant Farrah and I know I fucked up her whole name. Whatever.

CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

When Sarah Faucet went to Heaven, God said, "You've been so good, I'll let you have one wish." Sarah wished for all the children in the world to be safe.

Really?

In fact, my first encounter with a white-cracker baby-tossing family (long story) was at a McDonald's in South Carolina. me and mah family were hungry, and there wasn't any other restaurant. WE were in mountain hick country.

I would expect this, because it's South Carolina. I mean, this state has people living in it that think that the South won the Civil War.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

WE were in mountain hick country.

Appalachia is a baaaaaad place to be.
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

what about Jimmy Hendrix and Chuck Berry

um... you didn't understand, without Michael Jackson all those black people wouldn't be able to perform on MTV.

There are lots of people that were more famous than him. . . .

again, you misinterpret, no one will reach the pinnacle of fame that he achieved. The closest is stevie wonder.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

um... you didn't understand, without Michael Jackson all those black people wouldn't be able to perform on MTV.

no, I understand perfectly. I'm saying that while he broke the biggest barriers, he wasn't the only person to break barriers in terms of music.

--------

again, you misinterpret, no one will reach the pinnacle of fame that he achieved. The closest is stevie wonder.

I wouldn't call that correct(Beatles, for example, achieved global fame), but an argument of his fame is rather pointless, no?
We're talking about his death.
afroninja1723
afroninja1723
575 posts
Nomad

It was a shame if you asked anybody about Michael (before he died), how great of an artist he was/is would be the tenth thing you talk about.

A little off-topic but I was watching MTV and they said that Michael was actually a very smart person. He negotiated his own contracts when he was signed under Sony and he was also very business savvy.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

But not very financial savvy right? I mean, the guy is in 400 million dollars debt. It'll take lifetimes to repay that.

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

But not very financial savvy right? I mean, the guy is in 400 million dollars debt. It'll take lifetimes to repay that.

Ha, man he was worth more than 400 million. And since hes dead, im sure his cds and collectible stuff of him are going to sell like mad.
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Ok people micheal jackson died going into a coma at home then when being rushed to the hospital he had a heart attack, this is the acual 911 call they recived

In the tape, released a day after Jacksonâs death, the man says: âI need an ambulance as soon as possible. We have a gentleman here who needs help and who is not breathing and we're trying to pump him but he's not⦠In the call, made at 12.21pm local time on Wednesday, he tells the operator: âYes, heâs not breathing sir.â Asked if Jackson was conscious, he replies: âNo, heâs not conscious.â He says Jackson is on a bed and is told to put him on the floor for CPR. The man says: âWe have a personal doctor here with him.â But he adds: âHe's not responding to anything. He's not responding to CPR or anything.â The operator asks if anyone saw what happened to Jackson and the man replies: âNo, just the doctor. The doctor's been the only one here.â The operator asks: âOK, so did the doctor see what happened?â The man is then heard asking the doctor: âDid you see what happened?â There is some background noise before the man urges the operator: âSir, please, if you can pleaseâ¦.â He tells the operator: âHe's pumping, pumping his chest but he's not responding to anything.â The operator reassures him: âOK, we're on our way.â

Showing 166-180 of 310