ForumsWEPRMichael Jackson is Dead!?!

310 60599
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Michael Jackson, the king of pop, died this afternoon of a heart attack at UCLA medical center.

• 310 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I think that maybe he was a pedophile, but there is no real proof that he was.
Why does everyone think we was a pedo? He's not!
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Why does everyone think we was a pedo? He's not!

He may be and he may be not, the only one who know this is his lawyer.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Guys, shut the hell up about whether MJ was a pedo or not. It's dragging on and is past the point where it constitutes constructive discussion.

Seriously, any comments after this one about MJ being a pedo or not will incur a one day ban from me. And since I have no exams for another 5 days, so God help me I will do it.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

@Strop

Wow.

@Guys that are arguing whether he is a pedo or not.

Who cares if he was a pedo or not?
He was a king among kings, with his talent, he could have accomplished more in a year then you guys in your whole life.

So, who cares? Are you guys going to do something about it? Unlikely....so, lets stop dragging his name to the mud, after all, he is dead, and I was taught I should respect the dead.

On topic

I kinda liked him. I wasn't a fan, but his songs weren't bad at all. I remember Thriller and Beat it. Those songs were good.

So, RIP MJ, the world will miss you. (V_V)

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

will incur a one day ban from me.

Isn't the abusing your moderation powers a little bit? Banning someone for having an opinion on a situation? Sure the discussion about him being a pedophile or not has gone past constructive discussion, but don't a lot of other threads? I don't see how this thread is going off any different than another thread. Point being, I simply don't think its fair that you are allowed to temp ban people for having an opinion that is conflicting with yours.

This topic is no different than any other controversial topic that enters the World, Politics, Religion section, so why the need to threaten people with a temp ban?
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

@Steevo15

If I may, in my opinion, he is allowed to. As explained, it won't contribute for the discussion, where the theme is; MJ died. Not: Mj is a pedophile

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Steevo, it is not for having another opinion, it is because people are being off topic and less than constructive, and it might end up as a flamewar, seeing how some people react to it.
It is to prevent people from throwing a fit because of it, instead of keeping to the topic.
At least he is warning you, instead of simply doing it.

CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

Steevo, it is not for having another opinion, it is because people are being off topic

Not to be rude, but the OP never really did put a topic in discussion. It was announcement more than a topic.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Not to be rude, but the OP never really did put a topic in discussion. It was announcement more than a topic.

Then discuss he announcement. As much as it is up to the people making the OP to make it worth the while, it is up to the posters as well.
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

will incur a one day ban from me.

How is it being off topic? This thread is about Michael Jackson, is it not?

less than constructive, and it might end up as a flamewar

But there are tons of topics that go off topic all the time! how is this any more prone to a flamewar than any other controversial topic?

As explained, it won't contribute for the discussion, where the theme is; MJ died. Not: Mj is a pedophile

Then under you logic, there should be a lot of people banned for going off topic in many, MANY other discussions on these forums
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Sorry about that first quote, it got a little messed up. I meant to quote the below.

it is because people are being off topic
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Then under you logic, there should be a lot of people banned for going off topic in many, MANY other discussions on these forums

Maybe, but I'm not the one to decide, I'm just a regular member, not a mod (thank God)
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

good to know the next generation of kids dont have anything to fear!

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I didn't mind his music when he was a kid , but when we got older he really stunk it up 0_0
I saw some where he was 50 thats the only thing that surprised me ....

Tacobell123
Tacobell123
18 posts
Nomad

Michel Jackson made bad choices, but was still a good guy. Its amazoning how his albums went to Top Selling overnight!

Showing 121-135 of 310