ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187508
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Genesis is in the Old Testament . . . You thought I said it was in the New Testament. So you are mistaken my friend.

Typo sorry. You said that we shouldn't live by/follow the Old Testament,, yet tyou believe in Genesiss. Genesis is in the Old Testament. Therefore, you have contradicted yourself, by believing what you have said we shouldn't believe.

I never said that you shouldn't follow the morals etc. . . I said the principles such as slaughtering of animals and rituals like that.

rituals and animal slaughter aren't principles. Morals ARE principles. *facepalm*
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

It should not be disregarded. My words are being twisted. I said the principles and rituals that they did do not apply anymore. The morals and lessons should always be regarded. Plus everything in the bible is true. Why would people make this kind of stuff up? It doesn't just fall from the sky . . .

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Maybe sometimes a good sacrifice is good for you. Everything's okay in moderation after all. /sarcasm

I'm quite enjoying your arguments. Can we do the Book of Revelation next? Once you debate is over?

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Principles- an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct
Morals- expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

You still have to remember that was the old testament. We shouldn't live by those principles anymore. For example . . .the slaughtering of animals for sacrifice . . . .it doesn't apply anymore. The new testament is what we must live by.

your words are not being twisted. By saying 'The new testament is what we must live by,' you implied that we shouldn't live by the Old Testament. Quit whining about us twisting words and putting words in your mouth. Before you do, reread what you actually said. *facepalm*

Plus everything in the bible is true.

Evidence?

Why would people make this kind of stuff up?

*head hits proverbial desk*

Have you even read any of my posts in this thread? Like I said, people didn't know how to explain things back then - if someone said they saw somebody walk on water or said that they talked to a burning bush, the other people would consider it an act of god before they would consider that person being crazy. Why? BECAUSE 2000 YEARS AGO, PEOPLE DIDN'T KNOW JACKSH**.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Principles- an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct
Morals- expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing

thanks for debating against yourself.
mellowman
mellowman
233 posts
Nomad

i am not christian, and i will never be!=)===

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

why mellowman?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

@Snazyz: That's a weak source. I read the entire article, and all it did was restate events in the bible as proving themselves. About the Bible being 100% accurate in future predictions, it was all relying on whether Jesus really was the messiah and if the events in the Book of Jonah really happened. your 'support' only restates events in the Bible and makes assumptions that the Bible is absolutely correct - that won't fly for me. Get external evidence - evidence supporting the accuracy of the Bible, not just a site that bases all of it's arguments on the assumption tat the Bible is absolute fact.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I am not going to do the research you want for you. If you want your proof then go on google and type in proof of the bible. As for myself . . . I know that the Bible is accurate and that everything in the Bible did happen.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I am not going to do the research you want for you.

then I've won the debate due to you failing to back up your arguments with adequate sources. The burden of proof is with you right now, not me - YOU need sources to back up YOUR argument, and YOU'VE epically failed to do so. Plus, I've refuted all of your arguments thus far. Get your act together and cite sources - you're losing terribly right now, and I don't want this debate to end quite yet.
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d740101.htm

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

http://www.allabouttruth.org/bible-is-true-faq.htm

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Scientific-Proof-of-Bible.php

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

These all clearly prove that the Bible is scientifically accurate.

Showing 46-60 of 1333