ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187439
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

These all clearly prove that the Bible is scientifically accurate.

The first source's assumption that life expectancy 2000 years ago was the same as it is now is made under flawed logic, and therefore so are the subsequent 'roofs' of the other rules to proving a document. And, all it deals with is eyewitness testimony.

The second one is extremely biased and doesn't go into any specifics - it just says the Bible is true, says -this verse had science in it' and called that proving the Bible.

The third one takes extremely broad statements in the Bible and calls them scientific proofs of the Bible.

I'm talking sources that verify the Bible. Verify that it's true and correct.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

FAIL! Sorry but you have no evidence Moses was schizo either so chill god, if you are basing your facts on "theory" well heads up theory isn't relevant either depending on the subject and depending on a debate backed and need to be backed by facts.

Did I ever sya he was definitely a manic depressive? No, he asked how he could be psycho and still lead thousands out of the bondage of the Pharaoh and I stated that as a suggestion. Not a definite.

If I may counter-facepalm. . . .
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p259/SonicXMan/triple.jpg
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

It seemed like you were definitely calling Moses a schizo.

IPwnU2Day
IPwnU2Day
395 posts
Nomad

It describes the life of Jesus Christ 700 years before it happened! Keep in mind that all of the Holy Bible is God inspired and is His revelation of all truths!

I only read your second source and I got this quote. So there was a bible written before Jesus was even alive apparently. That's cool.

And because the Bible had some facts in it makes it true. The book of Scientology says that there are volcanoes but that doesn't make it factual. I can go to the Koran and put in pop-up pictures with little factoids about Koalas but that doesn't make it any more true.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

If Moses was crazy, how did he lead the WHOLE population of Israel out of bondage from pharaoh?

[quote]Manic depressive schizophrenia.
[/quote]

I wasn't definitely call him a schizo. Though it *is* a possibility.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Anyway, I'll continue this debate later. It's my bedtime.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

But like I said . . . it doesn't matter if he did or didn't have schizo. God can use anyone for his will and purposes. He can even use you Alt.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Yes Sir

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

What else can I say to Alt? He is really smart . . .

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

God can use anyone for his will and purposes. He can even use you Alt.

What if our will is to not be used by God. Or are we simply pawns in the game of life? Simply here to serve God, whether we like it or not.
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Well . . . we all have free will. God will never force us to do anything. If we are willing to accept Him and let Him use us for His will, then we will do his will. If we are not willing . . . then He won't use us.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I have a question!
As a Scientologist, i was wondering this.

How can the Human race be born from two people? And for that fact, how can a rib have the reproduction qualities that enable it to craft a human from it?

And why does (in general) the christian populace flame Evolution? The person, faced with enough negative reinforcement, will change for the better, and are rewarded. Species wildcards who are born with changes that benefit are rewarded too, by being able to pass on their genes and continue the species with their changes, so the species can exist longer, or of better quality.

why is that simple concept so hard to understand?

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

From my viewpoint, God put different people in different parts of the Earth. My proof . . . When Cain killed Abel, God gave Cain a mark that would warn others not to mess with him. So there had to be other people already out there. And for your question about creation from a rib . . . It's all about faith. You have to believe that is how it happened. I you don't then you don't. About evolution . . . many christians think that it was God's will for cells and animals to evolve.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

You have to believe that is how it happened.

Is religion anything more than beliefs though? I want facts.

many christians think that it was God's will for cells and animals to evolve.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but doesn't God have a will for everything? So it would be impossible for anything to happen without God willing it to be so. And Gods will = law. Correct?
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

No not everything has a will from God. It wasn't God's will for 9/11 or the Columbine Shootings. So no not correct.

Showing 61-75 of 1333