ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187636
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

And as for cold hard facts . . . there most likely won't be much. It is all about having faith.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

No not everything has a will from God. It wasn't God's will for 9/11 or the Columbine Shootings. So no not correct.

If god is all powerful, I'm sure he could create a miracle of some sort and intervene in order to save the lives of innocent people.
mellowman
mellowman
233 posts
Nomad

god is not real.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Again . . . People have free will. God won't intervene because everyone has free will.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Amen Kirby :-)

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I want to thank you kirby for helping me with Alt

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

Snazzy you're contradicting yourself.
In the Tired of god thread you said god would intervene and work through doctors and nurses to save people, but he wouldn't save masses of people on 9/11 due to free will?

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I never said he would intervene . . .I just said that he works through them. He helped them get their knowledge and to help people.

Also . . . Have you ever heard that the Earth is the Devil's playground? Well 9/11 wasn't God's fault. A few men that had free will decided to agree with the Devil, using their free will, and killed a lot of people.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

He helped them get their knowledge and to help people.

They went to school for that, god didn't help.

God couldn't really have stepped in since

If he is all powerful then he could do whatever he wants, no matter what.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

it was the drunk drivers own free will who got him drunk and hit Jon.

Yet 9/11 were terrorists with their own agenda, to kill America so God couldn't really have stepped in since [/b]free will[b] took over the situation on the plane

You just contradicted yourself. I'm pretty sure the terrorists crashed the plane because of free will.
The drunk driver hit jon because jon's free will told him to cross the street in the dark without looking both ways.
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

Ya so? not everyone is super evil if they have power.

I was implying that you shouldn't make excuses for why god couldn't save people. He either isn't real, or isn't all powerful.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I was implying that you shouldn't make excuses for why god couldn't save people. He either isn't real, or isn't all powerful.

God certainly saves people. He saves lives, and he saves souls. Forgive me if I take this out of context, but what's the problem?
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

God certainly saves people. He saves lives, and he saves souls. Forgive me if I take this out of context, but what's the problem?

Innocent people are constantly murdered, or die in tragic events. If god was all powerful he wouldn't let innocent people die.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

the problem is Parst that god dosen't save lives people save peoples lives. god doesn't posses doctors to save people, doctors go to med school, study anatomy, and use, sorry for use the s-word, science to get that cancerous tumor out of you. Also I don't like the idea that god can decide who lives and who dies that seems unfair to me.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Such is the world today, I agree. However, we have a few explanations for why this is so.

1. God, as the omnipotent, supreme creator of life and every living being, has a right to take it away in his will. You will say, of course, that this is cruel, but let me use an analogy. If you create something out of Legos yourself, you are perfectly within your rights to smash it. It can be however intricate, but at the end it is yours, and you can smash it.
2. No one is truly innocent. Because of the first sin, all of us sin. By corollary, because we sin and are corrupted to our inner core, we die. No one is truly innocent, because we all do evil things.
3. Notice how you say: "If god was all powerful he wouldn't let innocent people die." Wrong, if he was all-powerful, he could still let people die or live as he pleases. What you mean is that if God was all-good, he wouldn't let people die. As a fellow debater, you should seek to use correct terminology.
4. Because we are corrupted, we deserve to die. We do commit sin constantly; we are capable of terrible, terrible things. But God is merciful. He could have just smashed Adam and Eve flat as soon as sinned to keep their offspring from pain and death, and created a new set of perfect people. But he didn't. Therefore, God is actually highly merciful.
5. Death is not the end. For your mindset, death is the end, but if God exists, then death is not the end. We have an afterlife to look forward to. If death is the end, we gain nothing. If death isn't the end, we gain everything. In such a way is God merciful.

If you have any more questions or concerns, I will be happy to look over them. You have posed some questions that hit straight at the heart of the matter, and I will attempt to answer them as well as I can.

Showing 76-90 of 1333