ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] What will happen if we don't sleep?

60 25255
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Well, I didn't sleep today because I couldn't. I was on my iPod touch the whole night. Well I was wondering what will be the problems and sickness that I might have if I continue like this or if they have ANY advantages, what are they?

• 60 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

He's (she?) bad drawn too...
Where did you get that picture?

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

Won't you eventually pass out if you don't sleep for a long time.

I don't sleep that much. Went to bed around 3:30 last night, woke up at seven.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Well, if you don't sleep for a very long time you'll die. Well I guess not very long, but I don't know the exact amount of time.

After awhile your body will force you to go to sleep, so you'd only be in serious trouble if somehow you stopped that from happening.

Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

Ya man, no sleep is bad for you =/ I've been having trouble sleeping lately and it's taking it's toll on me. Luckily I'm getting back into good sleeping habits lol but ya, I used to go to sleep at like 5 in the morning and wake up at 1:30 pm... I had a sore throat, bad head/ear aches, slower reflexes, loss of focus... ya w/e. Anyways try not to fall into the habit of not sleeping lol

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

To make people's posts seem easier, Insomnia is not lack of sleep. It's when you can fall asleep normally, but when you wake up, you can't go back to sleep. That would stink if you were a really light sleeper with insomnia then you were woken up at like 1 AM

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Here's some tips for all you insomniacs:

Don't drink caffeine after 4:00
Eat a turkey sandwich before going to bed
Take 2-3 3-5mg melatonin pills
Take 2 benedril

There, problem fixed. Worked for me for a couple years. Until I grew resilient to the pills. Once that happens take some other sleep aides or up the dosage. You sleep all night. Trust me.

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

Thankfully, I don't have insomnia, but if I did, thanks for the advice.

Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Once that happens take some other sleep aides or up the dosage.

Just don't over dose....don't want to sleep and never wake up <.<
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Just don't over dose

Up it only one pill. With melatonin you can't die from it directly. Only the ensuing coma that comes with an OD. Don't take 5 pills if you were taking 2. Unless you suicidal.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

uhh... you'll get a form of schizophrenia (go insane) until you sleep

i know tips of how to stay awake so don't do these!
1. have a screen
2. stay uncomfortable/cold
3. have some sort of activity (video games)
4. eat
5. caffeine

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

[quote=Pixie214]Anyway some of the effects of Sleep Deprivation can be yawning, memory lapses, tremors, irritability and ead aches, hallucinations, nausea, muscle aches and syptoms likeable to ADHD and psychosis. The Punjabi et al. study of 2005 showed a link between sleep deprivation and the ability to process glucose (which could lead to type 2 diabetes). However Thai Ngoc has reportedly gone over 30 years without sleep with the only side effect being decreased liver function.[/quote]

Sounds like me... except for the memory lapses... and I do have insomnia...

Sleep deprivation is used as a torture method if that gives you an idea... I do that a lot... Sleep 18 hours afterwards...

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

I also heard that you can become blind if you don't sleep... But I don't think that's true.

It's true, you can even become blind by eating carrot, just try to stab that carrot to your eyes, both of it.

I usually don't sleep for 2 or 3 days, I drink 3-7 cups of coffee per day, you don't want to drink Indonesian coffee, you can't handle the truth, now I know why white people can't drink Indonesian coffee or Vietnamese.

It makes you sleepy on the day, but I feel a little bit like vampire now, surf the net till drop.

What will happen if we don't sleep? You will become like me, posting on AG, drink coffee, eat noodle, find new website, get stucked somewhere, btw don't open youtube 2.0, it's a virus itself, don't download or click anything on that site. I clean the virus with Avira, from softpedia.com
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I am guessing you would be really tired. And maybe you could die.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If you go for 10 days straight without sleep, you'll die. I think this is true...

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

If you go for 10 days straight without sleep, you'll die. I think this is true...

If I go for 10 days... I won't be straight, I will be bent. I think it's not true, I can die when I cross the road, I feel so tired and my reflex it's like 2 years old baby that learns to walk. My best record is 3 1/2 days not sleeping, some people have rare disease called "ow, i forget the name" they don't sleep for 2 years, but it's like me, they have rare disease.

I am guessing you would be really tired. And maybe you could die.

I just boring and don't know anything else to do. maybe I will die, well you will know I die when I don't post anymore on AG lol.
Showing 16-30 of 60