ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] What will happen if we don't sleep?

60 25284
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Well, I didn't sleep today because I couldn't. I was on my iPod touch the whole night. Well I was wondering what will be the problems and sickness that I might have if I continue like this or if they have ANY advantages, what are they?

• 60 Replies
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Im an insomniac, current record 2 1/2 weeks.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

You'll get very cranky.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

If you don't sleep. And you walk around tired don't you walk "faintishly" or drunk walk? Maybe I'm just talking nonsense. Could your eyes be very very red?

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

Could your eyes be very very red?

It won't be red, try it, and become our insomniac club member keeton52 is the leader here lol, ask him how to survive 2 weeks. Except if u rub too hard.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

You're actually encouraging people not to sleep?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I just boring and don't know anything else to do.

that is so true whenever i'm messing w/ my internal clock
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Sleeeeeeeeeep.......

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

You can die of fatigue for not sleeping for a while, although highly unlikely. When you get tired enough the body will shut itself down and the person will sleep more than 24 hours, if they were awake long enough. However, if there are severly loud noises (a cannon from the 1700's would literally have to be pounding on your house), the person might not be able to shut himself down and die of fatigue.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Or an atomic bomb........

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

An atomic bomb would kill you anyway.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

a cannon from the 1700's would literally have to be pounding on your house

Yea.... I would love to see it.

I don't encourage anybody. It's a new habit for me, I don't do this when I was in Indonesia last year, but i get used to do it here, Nanning, China.

China have one website, it's full of movies, X-men, Transformer, Spiderman, Harry Potter, you name it, and the speed is like you watch from your PC, the download speed is 2Mb/sec here, it's free. I just don't get it. How can I sleep with all this facility, and it's only 10 dollars/month in my dorm, that include elctricity, internet, hot water.

www.192.168.1.252.com, I doubt you guys can open it, but you can try it anyway.

actually all websites are in number Yahoo is www.192.etc.etc.etc.com

it's internet version 1, I can't imagine the version 2 with 6 dots.

I think the download speed = clicking speed on your PC someday.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

sorry for double post, again.

In the future all electronic devices will have IP. Your phone, fridge, TV, AC, Car, even you.

it's called VP6, internet now is VP4. All will be 'located' from satellite, all will be 'visible'. Guess who is the leader of this era? Well American robot is left 5 years behind Japan and High speed internet is number 15 in USA (I read a book, Obama himself said it).

In Industrial era we have Ford, nuke and oil. Information era, Bill Gates (it's the gate of all bill bwahaha), amazon (they are just 4 persons who don't finished university and hang around in their old garage once) Eric Schmidit, (Google founder) he also not finished his university, too busy with search engine coding, and Google haven't taken any profit for the first 5 years(that around 20 million user using Google at that time).

Osmar38
Osmar38
180 posts
Blacksmith

you will die if you dont sleep -.-!

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

In the future all electronic devices will have IP. Your phone, fridge, TV, AC, Car, even you.

Last time I checked,I was not an electronic device. I'll check again. Zip.....
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last time I checked,I was not an electronic device.

There are cells in your heart called pace maker cells that generate electricity. Our heart beat is really a small electric pulse. We're not a device, but we couldn't live without electricity powering the heart.

More information
Showing 31-45 of 60