ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] What will happen if we don't sleep?

60 25251
mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Well, I didn't sleep today because I couldn't. I was on my iPod touch the whole night. Well I was wondering what will be the problems and sickness that I might have if I continue like this or if they have ANY advantages, what are they?

• 60 Replies
surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

In the future all electronic devices will have IP. Your phone, fridge, TV, AC, Car, even you.

Oops, I'm sorry, it's not in the future, some group of people already start this kind of thing in Australia several years ago (I don't remember the year) and some other countries to, German have finger print banking, so you just stamp your finger print in a supermarket and the money in your bank account will be deducted.

Last time I checked,I was not an electronic device. I'll check again. Zip.....

Zip.... zippp.... bip... bippp... It's not always like that.

watch Eric Schmidit video on youtube, youtube is a 'child company' of Google (sorry I don't know the exact word in English)

You'll find the video, it's one hour. "Tell me the truth, how's my hair?" "YOU can't HANDLE the truth".

you will die if you dont sleep -.-!

If I die, I'll e-mail you lol
zillacutz
zillacutz
514 posts
Nomad

However Thai Ngoc has reportedly gone over 30 years without sleep with the only side effect being decreased liver function

this is false... when you sleep think of it like this... your brain needs to cool down just as a car engine would need... if you had a car running for 30 years what would that do to it?

the truth is that many people stay up for many days even if they did not want that... i recomend that you train your brain via mental yoga...
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I guess I am then. Good to know.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

the truth is that many people stay up for many days even if they did not want that... i recomend that you train your brain via mental yoga...

This is getting interesting, teach us please. How to start? I'm not joking, relaxing, breathing?

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

Aw man, sorry for double post, but I have to start my bad sleeping habit. It makes me a lil bit crazy.

Where is everyone?

I'll come back later, so hungry.

Please teach us some Yoga technique, we would love to hear it.

GMSaitanGM
GMSaitanGM
93 posts
Nomad

Its ok to stay up 5 nights in a row but u will be extremly tired, less strength,less potential,less speed and less reflex's if u continue staying up around a month u can die my uncle who was only 24 when i was younger died from staying up too long...

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

my uncle who was only 24 when i was younger died from staying up too long...

Aww....

I sleep enough these 3 days, I need to change my habit, bad habit.

I hope this thread could help people like me, who have sleep problems or don't won't to sleep because AG forums are so fun or for whatever reasons, thx GM.
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,079 posts
Nomad

Depending on age, your growth could be stunted, but whatever other problems that could occur have already been mentioned.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

If he human being stays awake long enough, their brain plays tricks on them. Lack of sleep can cause paranoia and dulled senses; such as your eyesight, you would not be able to focus, and sounds will become muffled.

If you go without sleep long enough, you can develope similar symptoms as someone with schitzophrenia. Most people pass out before that happens though.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Also, your become physicly weaker if you don't sleep. I don't know if the sleep itself actually helps keep your muscle tone, but you do become exhausted easier when your tired. If you are constantly tired, then you probably find it hard to stay in shape due to being lazy and unmotivated.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Ever see that fairly odd parents episode? T_T

St1cKyH4nd
St1cKyH4nd
114 posts
Nomad

i know you can get diabetes and stuff, messes with your muscles and heart, reflexes slow, your joints can become sore, longest person stayed up for a few hundred hours i think, look it up, i will one day get the record

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Such old threads better rest in piece.

Showing 46-58 of 60