ForumsThe TavernAt what ranking do people start to repect you?

159 21947
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I noticed that people on AG give serfs no respect thinking they're noobs. At what rank to people stop thinking you are a noob? I'm a silver squire as of right now, so how nooby am I.

• 159 Replies
deets456
deets456
40 posts
Nomad

yeh i AGREE with gamerme being over 1000 post means ur KWL nd so u should hav respect.

zotzot2
zotzot2
48 posts
Nomad

just say what you have to say and get on with it. who cares if people "respect" you or not.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, I respect the people who take the time to use perfect punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. (Under most circumstances)

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I respect everybody on the site, unless they give me a reason not too (trolls, spammers, etc) Although, people with higher ranks seem to get more respect from newer users.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

yeh i AGREE with gamerme being over 1000 post means ur KWL nd so u should hav respect.

I'm slightly trying to disrespect you...

A spammer can get 1000 posts in 1 day, posts don't earn respect.

I respect anyone who earns the respect, his/her rank doesn't matter
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I go by the quality of their posts. If I see a serf making a bunch of well thought out quality posts then I will respect him. Yes, even if he has under 500 or 1000 or whatever number of posts. I don't think we should base respect entirely of rank, but that's just my two cents.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I judge people by the quality of their posts and by their demeanor. Rank doesn't matter because you can easily get a high rank in a month by rating all the games and commenting on each of them, by doing that you'll be at around iron prince. And even if you do get a high rank solely or mostly from forum posts it still doesn't matter, it's not that difficult to gain a lot of posts if you try. However, if they are long, well thought out, and contribute something then that's nice. So rank doesn't matter for anything important, really.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Ignoring the 14 pages of (no doubt) total fluff, I'll answer the OP.:

There is none.
Why?
Because respect is earned.

Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Is this going to be locked?

OT: I respect people based off their grammar and maturity. Aka:

I respect:

"Oh, you are gay? Well, allright that's fine with me."

More then:

"o u r gay?? go 2 he.ll you **** atheist. i no u suk!"

Just my two cents.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

^ lol watdehek?

I've only said "haha, you're a serf" to one user, and that was in a forum game I think. I don't really care about the new users.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

Honestly, only immature ppl look at ratings and judge ppl. Usually they are judged by how they act. Likeonce i met a super nice serf, who was being bullied around by a tyranical king status person

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I only really start to respect people once I have gotten to know them better after some time. I know a few Kings who clearly do not deserve my respect.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Rank means nothing, not even age, because it's really not very difficult to gain AP, and if one is able to spam effectively, Gold King can be a achieved within a month, and that's probably a generous estimate. Post quality, and overall demeanor on the other hand, provides for a true knowledge of the person.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Now that I think about it, I don't usually look at someone's posts/rank/avatar. I just read their username out of the corner of my eye and read their post. Whether I respect them or not has absolutely nothing to do with that or whether or not they use correct grammar.

ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

^
Same for me

I could have hundreds of points right now by chatting with every user I see for two points a post, but I prefer just posting on the forums for one point a post, where you can't chat with people as much.

+I could rate a whole bunch of games while I'm chatting with random people to get thousands more points, because there's a huge amount of games on this website.

Showing 136-150 of 159