ForumsThe TavernAt what ranking do people start to repect you?

159 21950
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I noticed that people on AG give serfs no respect thinking they're noobs. At what rank to people stop thinking you are a noob? I'm a silver squire as of right now, so how nooby am I.

• 159 Replies
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

While rank does not matter, many people seem to respect people with higher ranks a bit more. Rank does not matter, but a higher rank will earn you just a bit more respect.

Mirage1
Mirage1
202 posts
Nomad

I really respect people who have a lot of post instead of what rank they are.

Which, in a way, is really unfair. Say someone joins the sight to play the games. And say, they post once in awhile, not really caring for the community that much. Would you put them down as being unrespectable?
Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

It all depends on what you have been doing on AG, If your a Gold Lord/Higher Rank and you always spammed people would have no respect for you whatsoever. But if you were a Gold Squire/Lower Rank and you made respectfully good posts at the beginning of your registration you would have a nice amount of respect.

surfthenet
surfthenet
703 posts
Nomad

I was hoping the title "At what respect do people start to rank u?"

Which is grammatically error, but people will start to respect (wait, respect is too formal isn't it?) you when you write a decent post, encourage other to think about your post and they feel your post have something good or fun on it.

rank and respect are two different things, just don't admire both of it too much.

CosmicCharlie
CosmicCharlie
112 posts
Nomad

I don't even respect any of people at gold king.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I would say wood lord.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Anywhere from wood knight to wood king.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

You're officially not a newb at Wood Lord, but that doesn't mean no one respect you. As long as you make decent, non-spamzly posts in the forums, you'll gain some level of respect.

There are rank biased people, though. Ignore them. They shouldn't get respect.

Perslos
Perslos
353 posts
Nomad

Do you have specific reasons for each?

Or just because you feel that way about their rank?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Wood serf, if you're not an unintelligent d**k to people.

All you need is politeness are articulateness to be respected.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Do you have specific reasons for each?

Because he's Lige, that's why.

There are rank biased people, though.

Hey! You aren't ranked quite high enough to make a statement like that! xD
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I like Cen's post...

Aside from that: I don't respect anyone based on their rank, AP, merit count, or age. I respect people based on how they act.

As for what ranks mean to me:

Serfs or below = I won't be surprised if you mess up, and I'll be slightly impressed if you behave perfectly. Generally perceiving them as newbies. Or stalkers, but the difference is hard to tell when not looking at profiles.

Everyone else = "Dude, you should know the rules by now." If they don't, it's annoying. They've clearly had enough time to read the rules, so they shouldn't break them.

So... Respect, no relevance to rank. It's just determining the amount of newbieness I expect from them.

People who judge you by rank should learn to know better. It's your behaviour that matters, not the time you've spent here.

Glad I'm going for the Queen rank, then~
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Nobody repects people man, as stated by your title.
But respect, what kind of respect do you mean?
Respect for their AP? The higher your AP the more.
Respect for number of merits and forum posts? The more you get the higher your respect.
Respect in general? Really, once you get to know a person who's barely passed wood serf who's friendly and positive, you respect them. You respect someone who has more knowledge than you in a certain area, or is better than you at something. This respect everyone is talking about, your rank has no meaning to it.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Well it doesnt matter your rank its mostly your forum posts. And serfs usually dont get that much respect, because if you have that little AP ou haven't talked much

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Probably...iron knight. Knight means you are no longer a noob.

Showing 16-30 of 159