ForumsThe TavernAt what ranking do people start to repect you?

159 21948
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I noticed that people on AG give serfs no respect thinking they're noobs. At what rank to people stop thinking you are a noob? I'm a silver squire as of right now, so how nooby am I.

• 159 Replies
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

It discouraged me for a while, but I just started ignoring the derogatory comments. Yes, please don't list names Google, we know who they are.

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

im a gold lord so anybody below me does not deserve respect

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

[quote]

That's the most offensive statement I have heard of today!
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That's the most offensive statement I have heard of today! Is that what you intended to say?

I know people here who are lower in rank than you are and, I respect some of them more than I respect you.
Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

yes u may respect them but they dont deserve iit

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Frankly, I don't respect anybody until they can form an, at least somewhat, grammatically correct sentence. An uncapitalized letter here and there is okay, but utter lack of sentence structure bugs me.

I'm just a grammar nazi like that.

And anybody who realizes rank does not matter. You can be a newb & still be respected.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Obviously you dont deserve our respect respect is earned and it seems like you have yet to earn it. True newer members havent proven themelves yet but that doesnt mean they dont deserve the same amount of respect that older members recieve. They may be new to the website but they may not be new to whatever they are talking about.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That is a very biased, poorly thought out, and offensive statement.

If there was a rep system, I would give you a thumbs down.

Ah yes Puncuation is really important, a high rank who posts in leet...is just unrespectable.

Yes, and that is why Nater is wrong.

You can be a newb & still be respected.

Yes you can.

I'm something of a Grammar Nazi. I don't respect people who type unintelligibly.
colinvantveld
colinvantveld
131 posts
Peasant

I don't know about you guys, but I respect people who have a couple merits.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Mmmm, I just hate run-on sentences. If I can't tell where one part ends and another starts, I disregard the comment.

But, yeah, respect will inevitably come if you don't spam, flame, etc...

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Frankly, I don't respect anybody until they can form an, at least somewhat, grammatically correct sentence. An uncapitalized letter here and there is okay, but utter lack of sentence structure bugs me.

Same. I find it hard to respect them if they can't even mange to type correctly. Although I can usually get over it in time if they continue to be a good person.

Merits are nice, but I don't mind as long as they don't have like two thousand games rated and no merits. I mean if you rate a thousand games you should at least be able to get one merit.
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Here are 3 things I tend to look for.

1. Grammar/Spelling. I'm not a Nazi but if peoples' posts are indecipherable, I don't bother to read them.
2. What they post. I mean, their maturity. Their respect for other users. Their helpfulness.
3. Merits/Awards. I don't care about AP itself, but Merits are a sign that the user has posted *insert number of merits* excellent game reviews.

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

*ywan*

i lov teh peeps tat say tat they cre bout spellin an stuf

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Merits are good to look for but remember some people make posts just so they can get them. I think you should look for people who have merits and are helpful, polite, and when they say something know what they are talking about.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

Yeah, that means people are trying to help the game developers.

Grammar/Spelling. I'm not a Nazi but if peoples' posts are indecipherable, I don't bother to read them

I tend to ignore posts with terrible grammar and spelling. A mistake here and there is ok, but something completely incomprehensible isn't worth my time, even if it brings valid points to a discussion.

i lov teh peeps tat say tat they cre bout spellin an stuf

*Cringes*
Showing 61-75 of 159