ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 317547
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What makes this attack so special?

Where do I say it was special? It was an example of a religiously motivated terrorist attack with heavy repercussion.

What of the genocides that occur frequently because of money starved dictatiors wanting to rid themselves of religious ideals? What do you suppose inspired them to put human lives above money, if not the worlds largest economy by 10x? From Hitler to Rewanda

Where do I defend these actions? BTW Hitler not anti religious, he actually used religion to motivate people into those horrific actions. As for Rewanda I assume you mean Rwanda, I can't say much on as I'm not to familiar with the genocides that occurred.

9/11 is only tragic cause it hit home.

It's tragic because of the loss of life that occurred, the political back lash, and the effects it had on the global economy.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the effects it had on the global economy.

global economy was not effected.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

global economy was not effected.

You seriously think that a first world country can take an economic hit and have it not effect the rest of the world?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the major global economy system has not been changed since late 1800

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i might explain it tomorrow, if it's still on topic.
i'm going to sleep very soon and explaining what the global economy system is takes prety long.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Dude, I don't know how old you are, but I think you need to stay in school and take a few remedial classes. Christianity was not the first religion, even the Bible can tell you that, Jesus was JEWISH.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

In 0 A.D. Jesus was born

It was actually around 5 BC (if he ever lived)

and the first religion was created

You know that Jesus was Jewish, right? And as far as I know Judaism is a religion...
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

In 0 A.D. Jesus was born and the first religion was created... What if it was all a coincidence? What if the angel that spoke jesus's mother was really a passerby then everyone just got the gist what the family's goals were...

First of all, Jesus was born in the BCs, his birth did not create Christianity, and Christianity was not the first religion.

BTW that "fossil" of a cowboys boot not a fossil, but a well PRESERVED bone. Fossils are more like imprints in thinks like coal or remains of long ago organisms. Hence fossil fuels? Last time i checked, bones don't run our homes, cars, factory's, and heating's do they?

Some fossils can be bones, but you're right about the majority of them.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

the major global economy system has not been changed since late 1800

There were effects, however I may have to take back the severity of those effects.

"World Economies

Because of the large size of the U.S. economy, America is an important market for many countries. Sharp shifts in the health of the U.S. economy can have important short run consequences for the economies of U.S. trading partners, especially Canada, Mexico, and Japan. About 40% of Canadaâs output is exported to the United States. Mexico is also an important trading partner of the U.S. While trade with both countries, especially Canada, was disrupted in the short run, various measures were put in place to minimize these disruptions. And, indeed, they may actually expedite border crossings for an important class of trade (motor vehicles). Thus far, it would appear that apart from an initial adverse reaction, the short run effects of 9/11 have not been great on foreign economies. The quest for greater security will, however, impose a longer run cost on the world economy both in terms of a decline in productivity growth and, possibly, greater impediments to the free movement of goods, services, and capital. These flows have contributed immeasurably to the integration of the world economy and its efficient functioning.
"
http://www.fas.org/irp/crs/RL31617.pdf

God did not create, He WILLED (Keyword) the many things from taking your time in typing this to inspiring the big bang...

Magic poof is magic poof. Anyway where are you getting this from? Lets start with Gen 1:1

(NIV)
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

(KJV)
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

(NLT)

(ASV)

(Bible in Basic English)
At the first God made the heaven and the earth.

The word for create in Hebrew used here is bara' meaning to shape, create.

Religion was created for faith and somebody to rely on...

Religion was created to hold beliefs without proof and to rely on false grounds? That doesn't sound to good to me.
killkid
killkid
38 posts
Nomad

god created the heavens and earth at the same time.... but the light from the farthest visible star is 16.4 billion years old, earth it self is only about 4.4 million. If this so called holy scripture is wrong in almost every part how can people believe in it?

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

how can people believe in it?

Quite simply, they are either raised with it and apply no critical thought towards their own religion, but may do so to others, or they are in a desperate time and are reaching out to whatever they can. Once you have that comfort, you're not likely to try and go against it, for fear of returning to that desperate time. People go so far to explain how religion works that they've attempted to warp it around science, and really, the ultimate defence is, "everything science says is true but God made it all this way." You can't disprove what is, so they simply claim that what is is that way because of God.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

but the light from the farthest visible star is 16.4 billion years old,

Your number is a bit off, The universe is only about 13.7 billion years old, so the furthest visible light could only be that old.
killkid
killkid
38 posts
Nomad

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/980329a.html

read this

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Link fixed

But Mage is right, it's about 13.75 billion years old.

runner928
runner928
56 posts
Nomad

Can we all just have our opinions and get along?

Showing 841-855 of 881