ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 316799
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Interesting topic.

Eventually, if you keep asking "what made this?" you have to come back to something.

The argument is in what made the world, if it's a divine being or a very dense and hot thing that suddenly expanded.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It's always nice to just close your eyes and believe God isn't there. I do it constantly. Quite refreshing.
Freedom of thought is a useful tool isn't it?

You tell me? So long as there is no evidence for God, evidence indicating that such a being is unnecessary and the requirements to believe God exists is faith based, there is no reason to believe such a being exists. Considering faith is believing without proof, belief in God is the belief that requires no thought, just acceptance.
When we compare God to things that are considered real to those we don't, God fits much better with those that don't.

Eventually, if you keep asking "what made this?" you have to come back to something.

What we consider made is nothing more then the rearrangement of pre-existing matter/energy.

The argument is in what made the world, if it's a divine being or a very dense and hot thing that suddenly expanded.

The Big Bang didn't make the world, that came about later as result of gravitational forces.
Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

Well, to answer the topic: I can believe in what i want to. Preferably not a mythical fairy in the clouds. (sorry for any offense) I DONT believe in 'God', or, 'The Big Bang'. I believe, that the past is the past, and we should just live our life without worrying, 'Oh, was that a sin? I should go confess.' or, 'Oh no, my brother is in the hospital, lets mutter towards the sky with our hands intertwined, maybe it'll do something!'. I really am sorry for any people getting offended, but... really? 'God' is just an excuse to attempt to hold the truly gratifying personality of human beings. Most of them anyways.

Being Agnostic is fun, you really dont care! (that much)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I DONT believe in 'God', or, 'The Big Bang'.

A scientific theory doesn't have to be believed in. However the Big Bang theory remains our best explanation of the facts at hand.
ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

Creationism, the earth exsist becase some guy made it.
Scince, boom the universe excist because of chance and things we don't understand.

What Science has on religion is that we make the best possible thory and can be disproven be other facts.

What doesn't make sense is how a human can change the religious rules that were already in place.

How can you despute evolution, take a bacteria, introduce a poison that kills 95% of the germs, the remaining 5% inherites the void space and the population now is immune to that poison.

killkid
killkid
38 posts
Nomad

^ your right about that, but most christians wont accept that evolution is true because they don't see it in humans. in fact evolution is present in humans the only problem is there are 8 billion+ of us, accounting for the population that hasn't been counted by a censuses. evolution ties back into Darwin's theory of natural selection, the animal that is born with a defect and it just so happens that is able to get from predators easier and scavenge for food better. thus is can produce offspring with the same trait hopefully. in humans most of these things are provided and having a extra part on your body is now a problem it could be in fact better for the human race if these things weren't provided.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Honestly, I don't get why everyone gets so fed up about religion. I don't care if someone is Christian, Atheist, Jewish, Muslim,...whatever. We're all people, and that's that.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Honestly, I don't get why everyone gets so fed up about religion.

We get fed up with it when people try to enact laws that we have to live under based on those religious beliefs (blue laws). We get fed up with it when they try to push it into school's curriculum where it doesn't belong. We get fed up with it when it's use is to try and suppress science and medical advancements that can help countless people. We get fed up with it when the alternatives to such advancements result in harm. We get fed up with it when people can and do justify terrorist actions with it. We get fed up with it when it's used to suppress another individuals rights. We get fed up when it justifies the murder of people for being witches (yes that still happens). We get fed up with it when there are states that won't allow a person to hold office unless they have a religion. We get fed up when the line between church and states is blurred or out right destroyed. We get fed up with the intellectual dishonesty. We get fed up when national policy decisions are being based on those religious beliefs instead of rational thought. We get fed up with it when you are regarded as being untrustworthy just for not holding a belief. We get fed up with it when it's used to try and rewrite history. We get fed up with it when it starts or is used to fuel war. We get fed up with the indoctrination and brainwashing tactics it uses. We get fed up with the psychological abuse it imposes on it's followers. We get fed up with it when it allows crimes to go unpunished.

We get fed up with it when this happens.
Faith Healing Death - Oregon City Followers of Christ Church

Clear shot of plane hitting tower two and tower in goes up...

Mom Tries to Kill Kids, Self, Before 'Tribulation' Comes

And that's just to name a few reasons why we get fed up with it....
Thrillology
Thrillology
78 posts
Shepherd

Zep0Q, you are a smart guy.
I'm really smart too, and you do think logically and right.
We need more people like you in this world, who aren't as thickheaded as the general population.
Kudos to you for logical thinking. ;o

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'm really smart too, and you do think logically and right.

Then i'm sure you know that what he's talking about with thermodynamics doesn't really apply, and that his whole arguement is turned to swiss cheese right there.
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

Faith Healing Death - Oregon City Followers of Christ Church

That church is a cult. A pagan religion.

Clear shot of plane hitting tower two and tower in goes up...

If anything America deserved this. Deaths were not necessary, but it shows how America refuses to stop spreading its sinful influence, which pissed all the radical muslims off and is why Christians are fed up with Evolution.

Mom Tries to Kill Kids, Self, Before 'Tribulation' Comes

This is just pathetic. If ever a misinterpretation of religion has occurred, this falls pretty high on the list.

Christians don't like Atheists because they offer guiltless way into sin.

Atheists don't like some Religions (Mostly the descendants of Judaism) because it attempts to make laws that are backed by their moral codes.
JoeBlade
JoeBlade
47 posts
Nomad

Zep0Q, you are a smart guy.

Anyone who rejects evolution is not a smart guy.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

That church is a cult. A pagan religion.

I think Mage was talking about religion in general anyway so it's still applicable. I'm not going to waste my time debating over that so have some more examples of people that've been harmed or killed due to relying on Faith and prayers to heal injuries or illnesses.

If anything America deserved this. Deaths were not necessary, but it shows how America refuses to stop spreading its sinful influence, which pissed all the radical muslims off and is why Christians are fed up with Evolution.

I'm afraid I'm not understanding the link here... How is Terrorism and/or sinful influence connected with Evolution?

Christians don't like Atheists because they offer guiltless way into sin.

I've met Atheists who lived their lives a lot more 'sinlessly' than a lot of Christians. Just because we don't derive our morals from some dusty old book and the teachings of a church doesn't mean that we don't have morals at all.

Atheists don't like some Religions (Mostly the descendants of Judaism) because it attempts to make laws that are backed by their moral codes.

You keep generalizing - Atheists aren't a collective group (unified only by non-belief in deities) and there are a wide range of opinions and viewpoints to take into consideration. You seem intent on slandering atheists and portraying them all as full of bile and hatred. Some Atheists don't like some religions, that much is true, but there are a wide range of reasons why Atheists dislike religions and it isn't focused exclusively on the Abrahamic ones. I doubt people would have such problems with the religions and the laws they made if the moral code of the religion wasn't completely out-of-date and, in some ways, discriminatory or intolerant towards certain groups who don't deserve to be dehumanized or portrayed as immoral or wrong.
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

How is Terrorism and/or sinful influence connected with Evolution?

Very few atheists still live by the moral codes in any religious text. America is an atheistic based government. (Separation of church and state) It has been subjected to one of the bigger decline of morals over such a short period of time in history. We are very, very good at spreading our system of capitalism, along with other influences. Al Qaeda declared Jihad against us because of the influence we were having on their youth and government.

I've met Atheists who lived their lives a lot more 'sinlessly' than a lot of Christians. Just because we don't derive our morals from some dusty old book and the teachings of a church doesn't mean that we don't have morals at all.

I never labeled every atheist an evil person. Though if you don't believe in the Grace of Jesus, even a single sin dooms you to hell. (If you take the bible literally, anyways.) Just because American morals are garbage, doesn't mean they are non-existant.

Atheists aren't a collective group

And again, I never slandered them. I'm saying they have no moral base other than what they think is good and bad.
JoeBlade
JoeBlade
47 posts
Nomad

I'm saying they have no moral base other than what they think is good and bad.

So they no moral base except for their morals?
Showing 811-825 of 881