ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329669
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

the reason that the "gay gene" hasn't been found is because it's extremely controversial and hard for a scientist to get funding for. doing something like that and not succeeding completely can make that scientist's career collapse.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

the reason that the "gay gene" hasn't been found is because it's extremely controversial and hard for a scientist to get funding for. doing something like that and not succeeding completely can make that scientist's career collapse.

Insubordination nearly ended General Patton's career, but did that stop him? No. Someone has to do it, or it will never be done. Fact of life.

Now if there is one or not, that's hard to determine. I think it has to do with both nurture and nature. There must be something that makes you not be attracted to the ones that will produce offspring, the very goal of all living things.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Other than BigP there never were.

No, there were/are others. Parsat, Calm, and Estel are all very good as well, and Kirby does a good job a lot of the time.
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

No, there were/are others. Parsat, Calm, and Estel are all very good as well, and Kirby does a good job a lot of the time.

Oh ya. My brain is fried right now. I fail. Again. Dammit.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Now if there is one or not, that's hard to determine. I think it has to do with both nurture and nature. There must be something that makes you not be attracted to the ones that will produce offspring, the very goal of all living things.

I personally have the belief (like a christians believes Jesus is the savior son of god) that there is a gay gene. there is some raising differences, because when a child is told that being gay is perfectly fine and sees their gay parents (whom the most time is spent with while the brain is developing) are in love, it enforces the thought in the child's mind that those feelings are the correct ones.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Why in Gods' name is this thread even still around?

I've wondered that myself. This whole thread started as kinda a troll thread.
Zephera
Zephera
187 posts
Nomad

I think it's still around because user's enjoy debating about religion. lol

I'm sure one scientist would have already taken the risk.
Godjule
Godjule
206 posts
Nomad

Guys, how did this conversation go from being about God to being about homosexual genetics?
*shakes head*
Then shouldn't this thread be closed by an admin or a mod?
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

first off I would like to say that I respect peoples views on religion, that is your choice and it doesn't matter at all to me what you choose. However those trying to convert others, well I don't like you. People should be able to make their own decisions.

If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

there is a problem with the universe having always existed. We can only see light from a maximum distance of 13.5-14 billion light years away, that means that light has only had 13.5-14 billion years to travel. That means that the universe cannot be older than 13.5-14 billion years.

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.

I can accept that Jesus existed and believed what he said, however I am an atheist and I don't believe it and never will.

BTW, I know this is from the first post but I didn't want to read 600+ posts to know what has already been said.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Two galaxies could be traveling away in 2 different directions so that the rate they moved away from each other would be faster than light, and they could never see each other. Hence the visible universe can easily be much smaller than the entire universe.

Btw, how was the age 14 billion years arbitrarily chosen?

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Two galaxies could be traveling away in 2 different directions so that the rate they moved away from each other would be faster than light, and they could never see each other. Hence the visible universe can easily be much smaller than the entire universe.

Btw, how was the age 14 billion years arbitrarily chosen?

The visible universe is much smaller than the visible universe. And the number 14 billion wasn't arbitrarily chosen, thats roughly the distance of the farthest visible star.
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

It should say the visible universe is much smaller than the universe.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

And the number 14 billion wasn't arbitrarily chosen, thats roughly the distance of the farthest visible star.

How the hell do they think that they can accurately measure that?
Pau11Wa11
Pau11Wa11
527 posts
Nomad

i am a christian and i agree. great job with this thread xD

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

How the hell do they think that they can accurately measure that?

We can use, sorry for saying the s-word but, science. We use mathematics and astrophysics to calculate complex equations such as how old was the Big Bang. I read some where in Scientific American that cosmologists say that they are only seconds off from calculating the moment when matter was ejected into space.
Showing 616-630 of 881