ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 329660
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Because it seems very unlikely that something so complicated would come about from such a random act.

Just because something is complex doesn't mean "God did it". Also it may not have been random.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

t because something is complex doesn't mean "God did it". Also it may not have been random.

Are you suggesting intelligent design?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Are you suggesting intelligent design?

No at all. It doesn't take an intelligence for something not to be random.
Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

I'm not motivated enough to check if anyone else has said this, but, you have your big bang theory a little off. very few people and scientists believe that version.

There was never any "nothing" in the more commonly accepted big bang theory, but rather all the matter there ever was and will be compressed into an infinitely tiny speck.

And I'm guessing that you're going to say something like "How could everything be in a speck? That's impossible!". Allow me to explain: first, you must know that matter can not be created or destroyed, only transformed. Secondly, newly emerging science is supporting that the big bang is actually a cycle. In other words, the speck reaches critical mass and explodes. The universe then continues to expand until all remaining energy/momentum is lost and starts shrinking due to gravity. Eventually, the universe shrinks and shrinks becomes very, very small. Once it is small enough, it reaches critical mass (it's a radiation thing, go look it up) and explodes into another era of life.

I quite like this theory, it makes more sense than anything else that's been made up.
uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

I believe that man created god. So I guess I do believe in god, as a human construct.

Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

Also, I've heard a theory that just like matter in the physical world, there can never be more or less consciousness in the meta-physical world (our minds). I think that this is a very rational thought and should be considered. I'm saying this mainly to throw another interesting thought into the fray and to show that I'm not just another close-minded atheist butt-hole.

Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

You guys should watch "What the bleep do we know?". I think all of you could get something out of it because of it's neutrality. It perfectly explains how life/consciousness goes hand-in-hand with matter and what not. Basically, there's a very large chance that believers and atheists are all correct at the same time.

Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

As for the big bang not needing a cause and god on the other hand, needing one, I thought about it a while ago and ran into a paradox. I'm not quite sure how it went, but if you really think about it, it kind of runs back into itself.

Oh, and just because you can't possibly fathom something happening without a cause, doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

... Well, now that I think about it, I think everything does have a cause. It seems that the pro-big bang people are actually saying that not everything is caused by a conscious decision or action by a living being and that things can happen on their own.

kuraikane
kuraikane
201 posts
Nomad

I do not believe in god because:

1) God is supposed to love everybody, right? Why, then, does he hand some people an easy life, meaning they don't have to work very hard to get what they want, or they just cruise through life without any hard problems to overcome. Other people he lets them be borne into a life where they have to struggle just to be a little bit happy, even when they're young kids. To me, that's rather sadistic. It's like he's watching people suffer without helping them. If god existed, then he wouldn't let people suffer like that.

2) As the creator of this post stated, energy put into reactions sometimes comes out as un-useable. Also, one of the laws of thermodynamics states that entropy is always increasing, meaning energy and matter are constantly moving towards an area of less concentration, evening the energy levels out. When all energy is even, there would not be any usable energy for reactions, because there would not be a gradient of energy. When no reactions can occur, life cannot exist. If god existed, he would not let the universe he created be destroyed by this, and therefore this loss of energy would not happen.

3) There have been studies done to prove the big bang's existence. I don't feel like explaining it. Look it up. But just to be short, have you ever heard of anti-matter? Do you know how that's made? It partly supports the idea that the big bang could have happened.

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

I'd just like to point out the the creator of this thread gave no solid evidence that God exists. The statements were merely facts unrelated in any way to the existence of a creator. Yes, our DNA is infinitely more complex than any part of a computer. I see no relation to a creator. I find it much more likely that over an immense amount of time, our DNA slowly grew and became more complex. Creating DNA would be much more unlikely.

Keep in mind that should you be right, and there is a God (or gods), than you might believe in the totally wrong one. Perhaps the Greek Pantheon exists, or the pagan spirits. You have no way of knowing.

ajajaj92
ajajaj92
195 posts
Nomad

Cant you religious people stop defending your arguments only with "nature is great, it is so great that something or some1 even more greater than nature did this"

seriously WT*?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

"Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything like God."

there are these options: either something (could be God), existing eternally, or a nothing that became something.
big bang has a start; physics has largely remained unable to even ask what caused it, but there ARE theories giving rise to an eternally existing multiverse, etc. (quantum fluctuations in a vacuum, only a small portion needs to meet certain criteria).

SOMETHING existed eternally*. It could be God (let there be a bang, and there was a bang), it could be a multiverse. Maybe even both...believe what you will.

*this could simply mean that time as we know it is completely meaningless past a certain point, or it could be an unlimited duration stretching back. Believe what you will-I highly doubt that science, on it's own, will ever be able to truly disprove OR prove God.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Believe what you will-I highly doubt that science, on it's own, will ever be able to truly disprove OR prove God.

Well if there is a God then we do stand a chance of proving that God exists. However if there is no God then we can't prove he exists because there is nothing there to find.
Samuslover99
Samuslover99
100 posts
Nomad

Why, then, does he hand some people an easy life, meaning they don't have to work very hard to get what they want, or they just cruise through life without any hard problems to overcome

u have to read the bible to understand, its long an complicated, the devil made us sin an den God exiled us to earth, after many centuries, he sent his son, Jesus, to rescue us from our sins. if we believe in him, he rescues us an takes us to Heaven, however, earth contains sin, so God is not present, so the cause of roughness of some peoples lives, but God is inside of evryone, watching us, and he loves u, no matter wat, cause he created us and he watches over us, hes like a good stalker really
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Right FACT TIME!

Never in the Old Testament is the devil refered to or considered "evil". And before you point to Job I'd like to clear something up. God says "Hey Lucifer make Job suffer." Lucifer says, "I'd rather not, you do it." So God goes off and he makes Job suffer and tells Lucifer that he, god, was forced to because of Lucifer. and then he commands Lucifer to hurt Job, and because it's a command and Lucifer is the lesser of the two (according to the bible) he has to.

So folks let's look at the facts:

1. God is pretty much a hypocrit
2. Lucifer was FORCED
3. God is essentially evil, not Lucifer

Ps: It wasn't until the New testement that Lucifer is considered evil but that is because of other religious influence.

And as for why I don't believe in god, it's simple. It's all a big fairytale of delusion.

Showing 691-705 of 881