The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474209
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

They are all neat but think of originality. What was first? The Xbox 360. That brought the wireless in first. Then the PS3 went on aesthetics. They both had improved graphics and gameplay, and PS3 online is free. Then the Wii did motion sensor, which in my mind is the MOST original. Then Xbox and PS3 copied that, so.. although I own a 360 and think it still has the most potential, the Wii was the most unique.

frosteyflame
frosteyflame
2 posts
Peasant

I only own a Wii and a Xbox 360 but i have played a PS3 at a friends house and i just have to say Xbox 360 is my favorite.

ldslarson
ldslarson
59 posts
Nomad

heres what I think the wii flat out sucks the PS3 has really good graphics but a freaking pathetic online while Xbox, which there is a newer one than the 360 it is the slim and it has free wireless connecter and it has the best online but it costs money I have all three and the xbox wins with PS3 in second but really the WII needs to go because the xbox already beat it with the kinect no controller what more could you ask for?

akeman64
akeman64
53 posts
Peasant

wii is overrated, so is ps3, xbox 360 is better in every aspect besides live cost

PAF13
PAF13
1 posts
Shepherd

now i think the ps3 and xbox are leading right now

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The Xbox's and near perfect, higher quality, and easy to navigate. The PS3's is alright, but it seems like the online wasn't quite acted upon, or fully incorporated in the system well, therefore less clean and nice

This is something that I don't get when people try to argue about the consoles. How is it higher quality and easy to navigate? The quality and navigation of them are about equal, it's not like it's super difficult and takes a rocket scientist's knowledge to know how to navigate. I actually prefer the PS3's dashboard because it isn't cluttered with useless things like a virtual avatar, among other things. The online isn't that different, at all. The only thing you're paying for with the Xbox 360 is just to pay for it, so they have more money in their pockets. I have both of these systems and there's no difference in the online gameplay of them.
The fact is, the Xbox's interface is just nicer.

It can look that way if you actually care for the colors for everything and things cluttering up the screen. I prefer a classy type of interface, which is why the PS3's isn't an eye sore for me. The Xbox 360's isn't too bad, but I like scrolling around things horizontally and seeing the option vertically instead of the other way around, just seems neater to me.
Xbox's controllers are very ergonomic compared to PS3's. The buttons are easier to reach, and the triggers are slip-proof.

Looking at the PS3 controller the buttons are not difficult to reach, the controller is symmetrical, so it's easier to use if you ask me. The Xbox 360's controller is larger, and the triggers do seem better for FPS games, but that's not how it is for me. I've been playing Battlefield 3 for the past few days on my PS3 and I don't notice much of a difference. The only things that bother me on the PS3 controller are the back triggers, since they don't have anything to prevent slipping, but you rarely ever use those two triggers for any games, so it's not a big dead and nothing to complain about.
wii is overrated, so is ps3, xbox 360 is better in every aspect besides live cost

Nice fanboy logic you have here. Overrated how? Because more people prefer using those? Because they sell more? Because they don't have low failure rates? I don't fully understand why people insist on these silly fanboy wars. All three of these consoles are great, they have their pros and cons, though the Xbox 360 has a few more cons than any of them; however, that doesn't mean that the Xbox 360 automatically sucks. It does have some great exclusives, the controller is nice for people with larger hands most of the time, and that's all I see going for the Xbox 360. It does have a low failure rate, you do have to pay online (though it's not too bad, just $50 a year or $5 a month; however, I'd rather keep my money, play for free, and spend that money for something else).
PS3 has really good graphics but a freaking pathetic online

Why do people jump on the bandwagon instead of actually taking the time to play on it? I mean, get both consoles if you really want to see for yourself; the online on each of them is equal. There's no difference in them aside from the store, but I don't care about that; I care about the gameplay quality, and there is no difference from what I can tell.
WII needs to go because the xbox already beat it with the kinect no controller what more could you ask for?

You could ask for a lower failure rate, a system that doesn't look completely ugly (two fans on each side and a giant fan on the top and a dash that looks like something took a sword and tried to cut it in half), a disk tray that doesn't scratch your disks if you even slightly move your console, controllers that don't require constant battery changes, and free online and also a paid online for people who would like more features, but if they don't care for those then they stick with free online. However, that won't probably happen since Microsoft loves taking in people's money and they know people will invest hundreds of dollars into fixing consoles and paying for more things for them.
Personally I prefer Xbox 360 mainly because of the online with PS3 i hear tons of little kids on mics which is rlly annoying, then you got all the annoying moves like spawn campin and if you rlly think about it most PS3 players are pro (which when a new game comes out and a week goes by and ppl are already pro it makes u think if they rlly do much outside a house.)

Really? This is what you're going to use? From a PS3 player to you: I rarely ever hear little kids while playing, I mostly hear people 17+ playing. But while on the Xbox 360 I hear more little kids than mature people. I think it may be because the Xbox 360 has a cheaper model and the kids will cry to mommy and daddy until they get them live so they can fully enjoy games. But that doesn't matter, you could always mute/ignore people on there if you wanted to. I don't see why you'd dislike a console simply because of other people talking in lobbies. And that pro sentence is complete garbage. The same thing happens on the Xbox 360 if people have the year round or even month of live, it's not like it's any different.
zenithar96
zenithar96
1 posts
Nomad

if I had a pick, it would be a xbox 360. the wii is ok and I haven't tried a ps3 yet.

Lordkazuya
Lordkazuya
20 posts
Nomad

i would pick xbox 360 cuz ps3 got hacked, and wii is just sucky

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

i would pick xbox 360 cuz ps3 got hacked

It was hacked once and lasted a month, many months ago. Why are people still bringing this up to say the PS3 is bad? It teaches them to have more security, so it's unlikely it will happen again. It's like saying the Xbox 360 is automatically bad just because a few people hack in certain online multiplayer games.
necromancer12345
necromancer12345
11 posts
Nomad

Ps3 hands down wii is a piece of crap that has Nintendo 64 graphics.Xbox360 also is a piece of crap because it requires to pay online and people say it's cheaper and it's graphics are better but they are wrong accept on the cheaper part.I mean PS3 also has no running problems what so ever while whenever i go to my friends house(he has a 360) i go on for 5 minutes and then it says ERROR and then i check and there is the "red ring of death" well the ps3 doesn't have a "ring of death" and wii is the worst console ever its a so called "upgraded" Nintendo 64 with the same graphics and it isn't compatible with HD or LCD or DVD... And don't get me started on mario that game is the WORST game ever it's got pointless ****ty graphics **** the wii screw the 360

Gaming Console Scores
Ps3:9/10
360:5/10
Wii:0/10

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

@necromancer12345 You mad, bro?

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Epic Trudog, too bad he'll never see it.

Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

my rating are Xbox360_9/10
PS3_7_10
Wii_-9_10

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Nice fanboy logic you have here. Overrated how? Because more people prefer using those? Because they sell more? Because they don't have low failure rates? I don't fully understand why people insist on these silly fanboy wars. All three of these consoles are great, they have their pros and cons, though the Xbox 360 has a few more cons than any of them; however, that doesn't mean that the Xbox 360 automatically sucks. It does have some great exclusives, the controller is nice for people with larger hands most of the time, and that's all I see going for the Xbox 360. It does have a low failure rate, you do have to pay online (though it's not too bad, just $50 a year or $5 a month; however, I'd rather keep my money, play for free, and spend that money for something else).

high*
Ps3 hands down wii is a piece of crap that has Nintendo 64 graphics.Xbox360 also is a piece of crap because it requires to pay online and people say it's cheaper and it's graphics are better but they are wrong accept on the cheaper part.I mean PS3 also has no running problems what so ever while whenever i go to my friends house(he has a 360) i go on for 5 minutes and then it says ERROR and then i check and there is the "red ring of death" well the ps3 doesn't have a "ring of death" and wii is the worst console ever its a so called "upgraded" Nintendo 64 with the same graphics and it isn't compatible with HD or LCD or DVD... And don't get me started on mario that game is the WORST game ever it's got pointless ****ty graphics **** the wii screw the 360

tl;dr: Graphics are everything and the other two suck because I like the PS3's graphics.
Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

omg if we all just realize ps3 and xbox have same graphics!!! we are all saying xbox has better graphics or we are saying ps3 has better graphics because we like the console we are used to be playing if u just realize it ps3 and xbox have same quality.

Showing 3811-3825 of 5032