The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473942
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

There isn't alot of gaming time that wii can offer before the players get bored

The thing is, the Wii used to be cool. Then it got outdated from the new stuff Sony and Microsoft brought to the PS3 and Xbox.
Zgamer01
Zgamer01
54 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 for so many reasons. The community is so much better, dedicated servers, and PAID online. (Meaning not as many 10 year olds)
Everyone on xbox live is much more skilled compared to PS3.
Wii is cool, but it doesn't compare to PS3/Xbox mainly because it's game style. Wii should be compared to Kinect, and Move.
But Xbox all the way.

idontlikeyou
idontlikeyou
41 posts
Nomad

PS3! First of all, PS3 has way better graphics than the Xbox, and the Wii only has games for 5-year olds(which I sometimes play).

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

First of all, PS3 has way better graphics than the Xbox

They have the same exact graphics, ya know...

and the Wii only has games for 5-year olds(which I sometimes play).

Wii has CoD. I see where you're at, but it isn't little kid games. Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc, are aimed towards 10 and up.
AequitasBU
AequitasBU
112 posts
Nomad

PS3! First of all, PS3 has way better graphics than the Xbox, and the Wii only has games for 5-year olds(which I sometimes play).

Most biased and uninformed statement that all PS3 fanboys try to believe, sorry to burst your bubble but you're wrong. PS3 has the potential to have better graphics but developers never capitalize on this because it is hard to program for the PS3. Especially when the game goes across all platforms theres barely a difference. Also
Wii has CoD. I see where you're at, but it isn't little kid games. Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc, are aimed towards 10 and up.
This. Wii has games for kids and for adults.... Ever hear of Red Steel? All the consoles have some childish content on them, ever hear of Xbox Kinect, now those are for kids like Kinectimals or whatever. PS3 has this too with Playstation move.

Also PC games look ten times better than PS3 ever could. I'm not hating on consoles, I have an Xbox and a Wii and honestly have nothing against PS3, Just stating the facts.
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Wii is way better but they need to make a new Mario Kart game soon!

Dragonbe0n
Dragonbe0n
10 posts
Peasant

Im a PC gamer mostly,but i would have to say ps3

Jsc1998
Jsc1998
12 posts
Peasant

If I had to choose... I would say PlayStation 3 as You don't have to pay for online play, The graphics are decent and PlayStation Move also makes it the best by far, IMHO.

epic_warrior10
epic_warrior10
15 posts
Nomad

Goin with ps3 cause it has great games and quality you can play movies and netflix on it and it has uncharted and resistance, to great games. Ps3 FTW!

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

1: All consoles have the capability of netflix, even the Wii
2: Third person doesn't make a system, it breaks it.
3: Resistance had troublesome controls.
4: Xbox 360 fanboy is me.
5:

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Wii is way better but they need to make a new Mario Kart game soon!

Nintendo recently released Mario Kart 7 for 3DS, and I don't think a new Mario game will be out for a while.

and PlayStation Move also makes it the best by far,

I wouldn't agree on that. Playstation move has been pretty dead since its release.
idontlikeyou
idontlikeyou
41 posts
Nomad

About my comment earlier... I realize that the Wii has SOME adult games, but most of them are for little kids, but you got to admit that some of them are fun. I generally just dislike the xbox. Not for that reason, but that they mostly have too adult games. But something that ticks me off is that no one follows the ESRB rating. I see kids in my class playing CoD even though they are like 13 or 14.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

but that they mostly have too adult games.

Its the producers decision, just Microsoft decides to carry it out or not.

but most of them are for little kids,

You keep saying little kids. Little kid averages from 3-6. I would say kids. The target audience for Nintendo is generally in the 9-13 age zone.

But something that ticks me off is that no one follows the ESRB rating

It's more about parental consent for the kid rather than what the rating says. It's recommended (except for "A&quot, but it isn't a law. I played GTA when I was 4 at my cousin's. Parents didn't know a thing...

I see kids in my class playing CoD even though they are like 13 or 14.

I don't give 2 craps about kids playing games not "suited" for them, but it just gets me mad when they are obsessed and cocky like, "Yaaaaaaaa man got the CoD kicking butt maaaaaaan. Tooooootalllly."
PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
40 posts
Nomad

I've always thought of myself as a Playstation player, but when the PS3 first came out, it didn't seem to have very many interesting games. I also had the Playstation when I was 4 four and I loved playing watching my dad play rpg's and games such as Crash and Spyro on it. I've always loved the Playstation2, but when the Xbox360 came out I had to get it. Mainly because it had a very diverse online community, and the because that I really wanted to get Halo 3. I saw Halo as being more fun than Cod, and I thought that for a long time until I became a gun enthusiast and got obsessed with guns(I especially love WWll weaponry). Then I really started getting into Black Ops and World At War(Awesome games) but still played Halo. I have to admit though, that the PS3 also has really good exclusives like Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm, Little Big Planetetc. At this point, I can truly say that I prefer the heavier, manlier Xbox controller, as opposed to the lighter, more simpler Playstation controller. But what else can I say? Both systems have incredible graphics, but the PS3 can play BlueRay aswell. Another plus. It also is disapointing that Microsoft, with vast economic riches charges users for XboxLive. Now that's what I really dislike about the Xbox360. I'd say the PS3 wins this debate. It's a more well rounded system and has the around same amount of features as an Xbox360 but it has really good games of all genres and probably more exclusives that a general age group will like. As for the Wii, terrible graphics compared to the other two, Xbox360 Kinect kicks the Wii's butt, and most of it's games are directed to the audience of a six year-old. I said _most_ keep that in mind. Overall, Xbox360 and PS3 are very close. I prefer the Xbox360, but in all honesty, the PS3 wins because it's audience is wider and has more games than Xbox360 that are directed for all age groups.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

At this point, I can truly say that I prefer the heavier, manlier Xbox controller, as opposed to the lighter, more simpler Playstation controller.

Don't you think a lighter and simpler controller might make gameplay EASIER?

As for the Wii, terrible graphics

I disagree. It's mostly cartoon with broad color. It's animation graphics, it always looks good.

Xbox360 Kinect kicks the Wii's butt

Kinect doesn't have nearly as many games as Wii.

and most of it's games are directed to the audience of a six year-old

And neither is Kinect? Kinectimals? Really?

the PS3 wins because it's audience is wider

The general game releases are both released on PS3 and Xbox.
Showing 4021-4035 of 5032