The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473561
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Television
Television
1 posts
Nomad

i have an xbox and a play station 3 and i think that the play station is better

Noyes15
Noyes15
1 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 has better graphics than the PS3 and the Wii(terrible graphics). Plus Xbox 360 has the Kinect and Playstation Move was ripped off from the Wii.

headsmash11
headsmash11
2 posts
Shepherd

I think the ps3 is more of an entertainment console even though xbox has it all as well, and i think xbox is more of a gaming console and to play with friends and the wii...just no...

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Xbox 360 has better graphics than the PS3 and the Wii(terrible graphics). Plus Xbox 360 has the Kinect and Playstation Move was ripped off from the Wii

First off the Eye Toy from PS2 was made before the wii and it was very similar to the way the Wii worked. So PSMove is less like a rip-off and more of an add on to something they already made.

The Kinect blows both the Wii and PS3 motion devices out of the water.
The kinect has voice recognition doesn't need a remote and even allows for games to be played with a controller and kinect. One of these instances is Skyrim.

In Skyrim the player has to scroll through a list of items to select what they want to use but with kinect they just need to say a simple command and then they fastswitch. Also it made Skyrim has a quicksave feature which is commonly only known to PC games. This allows a quicksave to reload the game to instead of relying on going to menus and saving. Or relying on autosaves which are usually only used when entering a new area or upon leveling up.

It is kind of creepy that the kinect takes pictures on certain games.

I think the only reason I would ever want to play a game on the Wii is because I was a fan of Mario back in the day with Super Mario World and Mario Bros 3 and Mario 64. But the Wii makes things way to complicated and I don't like the controls on the Wiimote. The thing they have that looks like an old SNES controller might be good but i haven't tried it yet so I don't know.

The Wii was a great concept by all means but it takes too much work. Call me lazy all you want but I dont think it is that fun to shake a controller to mimic running. Its just getting a little too realistic for my tastes. Not to mention that the Wii lacks graphical performance that other consoles may have. The Wii is simply for people inexperienced with gaming or for people that want to introduce their kids into gaming. Because the Wii is mostly for family as with all Nintendo games. So it might be good for you if you are a mormon and have kids but otherwise it is just terrible graphic and too much workout. I think the only good thing abut the Wii is that it allows people to download games from back in the day.

PS3 The Playstation used to be my favorite console. But that was for one simple reason, "Its better than the Nintendo" I used to love the old Spyro and Crash games and then some off the more off games like Gex and SoulReaver/BloodOmen. My favorite game was probably CTR back in the day (Crash Team Racing). I am not saying that these franchises aren't great anymore. They are just not the same. Also my favorite thing about Sony is that the Invented the first real Hand-held gaming device (PSP) yeah the nintendo came out with that but the PSP was so much better. And It was realistic. I can't say the playstation isn't great now, it still is great but for some unknown reason I moved on. The Playstation actually looks like it might have better graphics then the Xbox and they certainly have blu-ray but they invented that so its no surprise that a PS3 would have that.
I don't find the Blu Ray feature that big of a deal. I don't feel like spending an extra 10-30 bucks on blu ray not to mention the fact that a blu ray player is like 70-100 dollars more then a DVD player.
Anyways I just don't find movies that interesting that I would get higher quality. The quality isn't too big of a difference.

Now on to Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is something that still amazes me. Back when the first Xbox came out I was like "what is this piece of crap" but now it just gets better and better with new updates and features better consoles Wi-fi etc. Not saying that PS3 doesn;t have updates. Its just I know more about Xbox 360 updates and I like how it always gets better and better. The Kinect is a cool idea and better than the Wii but the voice recognition and being able to just select things by voice commands is innovative and truly amazing. I just say Xbox and tell it to play my game. Now if I could just turn it on with my voice then I wouldn't even have to do a thing. The Xbox and PS3 have some of the same games. And most of those games I play so there is no need to pick one over the other. But then the Xbox has its Xbla and other games that are only Xbox available. Or they are released first on Xbox.

So I like the Xbox more and I like that Microsoft made it because now I can connect my media center to it. I like the Bing feature and I like Netflix (not just on the Xbox I know) So who cares if I have to pay extra for Xbox Live. It doesn't matter because I get great features with the Xbox and quality performance.
Dreadmoo
Dreadmoo
2 posts
Nomad

I have had all three of these consoles and played them online. In my experience the Playstation 3 is the best because the people are friendlier. On the Xbox 360 the players for games like Call of Duty are just always trying to make you mad. I'm not trying to trash Xbox 360 people but it's hard to find nicer ones. Now with the Wii, it's fun to play but there are less people on the games and people of today don't want to play an exercise game. My personal vote goes to Playstation 3 simply because it's a little more friendly.

BlackBaron001
BlackBaron001
3 posts
Nomad

PS3 has free online multiplayer so that's where it's edge is but not so great graphics Xbox 360 good graphics and sound but you have to pay for Xbox Live and wii well i never played on one so i have nothing to see

xDwnFall
xDwnFall
2 posts
Nomad

Xbox 160 all the way

olex15
olex15
2 posts
Nomad

PS3 ;D xbox must pay for internet

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

Xbox 360 and wii are awsome. Playstation 3 is okay, but I like the games for Xbox 360 and wii better.

IronMadden
IronMadden
2 posts
Peasant

It's between Xbox and Wii for me (I don't have a PS3 so I can't comment). Wii has some of the greatest ever game series (Mario, Zelda, etc.) and Brawl, which is awesome. The Xbox games I own are all shooters (except for Skyrim . So it depends what mood I'm in to say which is better.

otterlover5
otterlover5
9 posts
Nomad

im going with the xbox360 cuase it has battlefield3 and skyrim some games are great some are not

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

m going with the xbox360 cuase it has battlefield3 and skyrim

Yay because you totally cannot play those games on computer.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I pick Wii because it's the only console I've ever wanted more than anything.

Army101
Army101
1 posts
Nomad

PS3, because it has a built in blu ray player, it has free online and it has many exclusive games on it as well. (just my opinion)

235689luna
235689luna
9 posts
Nomad

Ok I vote Xbox because this is about gaming consoles, so don't use &quots3 has blu-ray" nobody really cares. I'll only state one reason why the Xbox is better to save time. The controllers. The Xbox controller fits nice in your hand and the joysticks have a comfortable feel because the top is curved inward. The ps3 controller has an ok feel to it, but the joysticks are curved out ward which makes them reject my thumbs.

In conclusion, All these systems are amazing,but in order I'll have to say...1: Xbox 2: Ps3 3: Wii. Very close match however. Sorry Ps3 users. As an owner of each system my decision is final.

Showing 4426-4440 of 5032