ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473442
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
spyroman1010
spyroman1010
16 posts
Nomad

X-Box has great games and PS3 is a bit to new to go viral but amazingly it has.Wii is great for the family so,by saying this they are all great

skunk940
skunk940
21 posts
Peasant

Playstation forever, easy controler that doesnt damage the boens and joints in your fingers, high quality with the best brands like resistance!

RebuiltTheZeal
RebuiltTheZeal
1 posts
Nomad

I vote Xbox mainly because im a halo fanboy and have every single halo ever made

Sweep707
Sweep707
4 posts
Nomad

I like the Wii just because Nintendo is awesome But I think they messed up with the crazy new controller for the WiiU not the game pad but it comes with, basically the Xbox controller "...for longer game play experiences..." They should've just made a wireless version of the Game Cube controller

fattycakes47
fattycakes47
6 posts
Nomad

In my opinion I like Xbox 360 the best, but there are great qualities that the other consoles have also.

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

I've played them all about evenly, I vote for PS3 which is the one i play the most, just as good games as xbox360 and free online, and other various things that make it useful,

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

I'm going to base my opinion of of facts! Yeah!

Honestly, I cant say that I hate the Playstation 3 mainly because...I dont have one! However I have played once or twice at my friends house. I dislike the controls for the Playstation. It feels like whenever a command on the screen says, "Press "O" to continue" I feel like I have to look down at my controller just to hit the circle button. If a game says "Hit A to continue" since A is the biggest button on the controller (basically) I dont have to look down every 2 seconds. Some games are good for Playstation, and it doesn't have Xbox Live multiplayer crap like the Xbox.

Xbox 360. This one I CAN base a logical opinion off of because I do have an Xbox 360. Negatives- Xbox Live. I hate it. So here's me, getting an Xbox 360 but in order to play multiplayer you need an access point, membership card stuff, I don't even know!!! I mean, c'mon, the least you can do is put some CPU controlled enemys in Multiplayer so I can actually enjoy games like Halo, Black Ops, etc. Even the Kinect is a problem for my small room. However, the Xbox does have a lot of fun games out there.

Wii I feel more comfortable with because as a child I basically grew up with Nintendo. CPU Multiplayers, some pretty good games out there, the controls aren't all stupid and confusing and I dont need a whole bunch of space to play. Plus, having one of my first systems be a GameCube, I can continue playing some of those games too. However, the Wii is not perfect. For instance, i'd rather have a wired controller than a wireless. (Call me crazy) But i'm not a fan of pausing my game, getting batteries, reconnect, you know? I'd rather just know that my controllers wired and, what, have to sit like 3 centemeters closer to the T.V., fine. And while Nintendo does have a few violent games here and there, they have never really stepped out of the box. They brought Mario and Link to the world, knew it worked, and they stuck with it. Your not going to wake up one day to a game called Mario: Mafia Wars.

Anyway, logically speaking, the best system in my opinion is the Wii. Of Course if I had played more Xbox, maybe i'd have a better opinion, I dont know. But for me, the Wii is what really stands out for me.

Trokun
Trokun
2 posts
Nomad

I have all the systems, x360, ps3 and wii, playing I like more the ps3 and x360, the wii enjoyed a lot with my little cousin, but with my friends is more funny if we play online x360 or ps3.
Bye

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I dislike the controls for the Playstation. It feels like whenever a command on the screen says, "Press "O" to continue" I feel like I have to look down at my controller just to hit the circle button. If a game says "Hit A to continue" since A is the biggest button on the controller (basically) I dont have to look down every 2 seconds.

Well, I can say the same exact thing. I don't have an Xbox, but I have a PS3. I've just adapted so much to the controls of a Playstation that when I play Xbox, I'm not fully familiar with the controls. It's just because of what you're used to. PS3's controls are not bad because of it.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Benefits to PS3:

-Free Network
-Small controller
-Great graphics

Benefits to Xbox:

-Great Internet Connection
-More games than PS3

Benefits to Wii:

-Most games out of all consoles
-Can use GameCube disc also

It seems that PS3 has more benefits. But if you can come up with more, just post it.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Benefits to PS3:
-Small controller
-Great graphics

Controller size is entirely a matter of preference. The PS3 controller is far from my ideal controller for more than a couple of reasons, most of which have nothing to do with its size.
Graphically, the edge between the PS3 and the XBox is negligible. At least to me.

Benefits to Xbox:
-Great Internet Connection
-More games than PS3

I don't think XBox Live is all that better than PSN. Plus it's paid.
And the XBox doesn't have "more" games than the PS3. It has exclusives. Just like the PS3.

Benefits to Wii:
-Most games out of all consoles
-Can use GameCube disc also

The Wii has the least good games out of the three consoles. Many excellent games never even get to the Wii. Those that do aren't as good/don't have the same online multiplayer support.
And the XBox and PS3 also have backward compatibility, so that's not exclusive to the Wii.

Don't you people get tired of spewing the same misconceptions for 400 pages?
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

I don't think XBox Live is all that better than PSN. Plus it's paid.

Well that's also matter of preference, isn't it?

And the XBox doesn't have "more" games than the PS3. It has exclusives. Just like the PS3.

In fact Xbox has much MUCH less exclusives.

The Wii has the least good games out of the three consoles. Many excellent games never even get to the Wii. Those that do aren't as good/don't have the same online multiplayer support.

Wii has the most exclusives that's a fact (if they're good or not is also matter of preference). It's true that Wii doesn't get many games that other consoles get, but you can play most of those on PC.

And the XBox and PS3 also have backward compatibility, so that's not exclusive to the Wii.

Yes, but Wii can play not only GC games but also from N64, SNES, NES and many other consoles.
bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

all of u people that kinect and playstation move are ripped off from the wii well guess what Nintendo ripped off sony because they made the first motion controlled system its was the Play Station eye look it up oh and i think the ps3 is the best not a fanboy i like all systems

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

all of u people that kinect and playstation move are ripped off from the wii well guess what Nintendo ripped off sony because they made the first motion controlled system its was the Play Station eye look it up oh and i think the ps3 is the best not a fanboy i like all systems

Power Glove anyone?
You cannot say it doesn't count it sucked but it was definitely first.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Well that's also matter of preference, isn't it?

Well then it's hardly a "benefit", isn't it?

In fact Xbox has much MUCH less exclusives.

I can't say that I care about the actual total amount of games, no matter what type. Go on about how it's all &quotersonal preference" if you like, but in terms of relevant, interesting, well-reviewed games, they have about the same number of exclusives and the Wii has far less.

Wii has the most exclusives that's a fact (if they're good or not is also matter of preference).

But it also doesn't get an insane amount of games. The fact is that arguing the "Wii has more games" is just plain false and misleading. I don't care that "you can play most of those on PC" either, my console shouldn't need a support console.
And again, in terms of relevant, notable games, the Wii has considerably less to say the least. Let's not act like the motion controls haven't been horribly underexplored by third party developers.

Yes, but Wii can play not only GC games but also from N64, SNES, NES and many other consoles.

That's not backward compatibility, it's the online game store. Which the PS3 and XBox 360 also have.

Power Glove anyone?
You cannot say it doesn't count it sucked but it was definitely first.

That's quite right. And Sega had a (horrible) full-body motion sensor in the Sega Activator, too. Even the Atari 2600 almost had a sort of motion control thing. If we're gonna start pointing fingers about who ripped off who in the gaming industry, we're gonna run out of fingers pretty fast.

The way I see it, Nintendo was the first one to implement it in a large, successful scale. They created the niche. Now you see the competition cashing in.
Even though Kinect is a much superior technology in my opinion.
Showing 4546-4560 of 5032