ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473466
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

ihsahn, techniqally it is still relevant to the topic. We are talking about the CREATORS of the consoles. Isn't that relevant to the topic?

It is if that relates to the consoles themselves in some way, however distant. Talking about Windows 8, the Virtual Boy or a Sony Cybershot would be irrelevant.
This thread is about comparing the consoles, after all.

All I pointed out is that your assertions are inaccurate when it comes to the consoles those companies put out, and in the context of the thread, it's perfectly legitimate to assume you were making that correlation.
Or if you were merely listing elements those companies would be expected to bring to their products, I was noting that those expectations aren't necessarily fulfilled in the consoles.

If you weren't talking about the consoles at all as you claim, your post was, indeed, quite irrelevant to the discussion.
drose31
drose31
36 posts
Nomad

I love my ps3 and would never trade it. online is free. you get demos and other cool stuff. what else you need. : )

Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

alright im a ps3 guy and mostly play on ps3 butttttttttttttttt PC is best best graphics it has mods its like theres different games within games sometimes. But PS3 i think is better ONLY because i would like to afford other things than just a PC

MGkiller97
MGkiller97
1 posts
Peasant

I've played PS3 my whole life since ps1 and psx i even have the 1st edition of psp but its all just personal preference people all of you who go on websites to cause these arguments are just [b]insane fanboys[b] that need to realise that people have different opinions none of you should think that any console is better than another because each console has their pro's and con's but thats what seperates the owners of those consoles making the 3 consoles unique to the people who use them

GeezMan
GeezMan
4 posts
Nomad

Well, I followed every single (really? umad) game launch for PS2, Xbox 360 and Wii. Although I don't own either, which is a shame, I play a lot of games for them. All of those have their ups and downs, but personally, I could buy one right now, I would definitely buy an Xbox (an EXbox, no need to fix :P). First, it's been out for ages, and practically all of the games that came out for PS3 and PS2, were released for Xbox too. IMO, Wii has few game, or at least, few quality games. MadWorld is my favorite, but meh, irrelevant. Also, I think it's a bit hard to play without a joystick, so... nothing to say about PS3, really. It's practically as good as an Xbox 360.

NullDragon17
NullDragon17
21 posts
Nomad

i heard nintendo is shutting down because no one is buying there products, i perfer xbox360 because it has better games, and the only way to get the red ring is by playing excatly 24 hours. You have to have no life by doing that, but mine doesnt do that cause i got slim the newer version

NullDragon17
NullDragon17
21 posts
Nomad

playstation is pretty good but i dont like the fact sony copied the ideas of mircosoft, like for example they had the idea of ps3 slim- really -_- and &quotlaystation move" they got that idea from the wii, the controlls and stuff. But playstation 3 is legit and pretty good with the blue-ray and no red ring.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

i heard nintendo is shutting down because no one is buying there products

Nintendo is making loads of money, the Wii is the best-selling console of its generation, every single first-party title they release breaks some sales record, look at what Wikipedia has to say about the 3DS:

Prior to its launch, Amazon UK announced that the system was their most pre-ordered video game system ever. Nintendo of America announced that the number of Nintendo 3DS pre-orders were double the number of pre-orders for the Wii. The 3DS is also the fastest selling console in Australia, with 200,000 units sold through 37 weeks of availability. The 3DS overtook sales of all other consoles, handheld and home, to claim this record.

Stop talking out of your ***. Nintendo has one bad fiscal quarter because they screw up the 3DS launch and suddenly their billions of dollars in assets mean nothing and OMG they're going down!
They're fine.
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I like the PS3 since well it's the only console I have (that's not a handheld), but that's not the reason I'm trying to say. Basically it's the online fee, I don't care if I there's cross-game chat or an uber-awesome friend system, I just want to play online with a friend. I can live without talking to a friend online for a while. And I like the fee being free because there are times where I need to take a break from playing on my PS3 and if I had an Xbox 360, then my parents would be angry that I'm wasting some money that they would have spent on better things.

CornCob
CornCob
25 posts
Nomad

To be very honest it is not an easy task to answer this question, but I will have to go with the xbox360 because I am only credible with that system since I do not own a PS3.

The reason I got an xbox in the first place is because I love playing online, and the online competation is very hard core there. Even though you have to pay $60US for live, just think about it as one less game that you will buy.

The xbox is also very easy to use, it took me a very little while to learn all the features for it. And from the video's I have seen PS3 looks complicated, but then again I am not credible for that fact.

Anyways. do not get me wrong and say that the PS3 is a bad system, is is not. I just prefer xbox360 but would gladly play some PS3 because I am not one of those hard-core gamer.

viper631
viper631
7 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 definatly my fav of the three mostly due to the Mass Effect series :P not sure it the game is on PS3 though

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

x360 = PS3 > WII

Problem?

That doesn't even make any sense. PS3 is better than Wii equals Xbox?

Xbox 360 definatly my fav of the three mostly due to the Mass Effect series :P not sure it the game is on PS3 though

Mass Effect is on PS3 too, so you'll have to think of a different argument.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

x360 = PS3 > WII
Problem?

Your whole statement is a problem. First off what's a x360? Second how does a Xbox 360 equal a Ps3?

And from the video's I have seen PS3 looks complicated, but then again I am not credible for that fact.

It's not hard. I've used both a Ps3 and a Xbox and using a Xbox is more complicated.
stickguy
stickguy
6 posts
Nomad

xbox are the best because it has halo the ps3 is bad because it are got hacked and wii is for 7 year old boys and pc is only made for naughty picctures

cc131988
cc131988
36 posts
Nomad

I don't have a PS3, but i wish I did so I could play online. I don't have xbox live, but I do have a 360 and I enjoy playing many games on it. BORDERLANDS FTW!!!

Showing 4516-4530 of 5032