The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473708
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Pablonero
Pablonero
34 posts
Nomad

XBox get a lot of points with the global PS3 fail, glups.

They both are great, but I preffer PS3.

Blu-Ray, SONY, PSNetwork, Free online..

Tysha15
Tysha15
2 posts
Nomad

i own the wii but im gonna have to go with the 360 or PS3 because these systems get most of the good games

Pablonero
Pablonero
34 posts
Nomad

i own the wii but im gonna have to go with the 360 or PS3 because these systems get most of the good games

They're different.

Microsoft and Sony centralize his consoles in good graphics.. etc. , and nintendo innovates the systems.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

PS3 users here is a song for ya'll

Lol, it does speak a lot of the truth haha.

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

a dang it link is not working, just type in PS3 sucks onto youtube

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

well since we've gone into the whole youtube video thing... I mean really your gonna post a video that is horribly relying on a person who has no actual pictures of an opened ps3, and probably has never opened one or played one in his whole life... Not to mention very very bad singing... Here ill show you an actual video, displaying just how horrible the xbox 3sh'tty is and why... For all you halo and xbox fanboys, and ps3 haters.. with love

Yeah so basically... No simpsons pictures, or rihanna playing the xbox 360.. That shows why and how an xbox fails at life, and needs a good sledge hammer to the face =)..

PS: saying blu ray sucks, is basically saying HD tv sucks.. Which basically means either your mental, or you prefer to see things without a good image quality.. So basically it means ur mental...

And yes Killzone 2 isnt amazing, but heavyrain, infamous, LBP, resistance, and MAG more than makes up for it while making the 360 "exclusives" look pretty bad.

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

well since we've gone into the whole youtube video thing... I mean really your gonna post a video that is horribly relying on a person who has no actual pictures of an opened ps3, and probably has never opened one or played one in his whole life... Not to mention very very bad singing... Here ill show you an actual video, displaying just how horrible the xbox 3sh'tty is and why... For all you halo and xbox fanboys, and ps3 haters.. with love

EXACTLY! You don't need to open a PS3 you can tell they suck with out even playing it.
And yes Killzone 2 isnt amazing, but heavyrain, infamous, LBP, resistance, and MAG more than makes up for it while making the 360 "exclusives" look pretty bad.

Oh yea since Xbox games have so much better reviews and 4x the amount of copies sold for 360's, yea 360 sure does suck. I bet you the original xbox has better ratings for games than Ps3 does and will ever.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

O and you gonna complain about the RROD? That was the first bad batch in the first year it was out. Its been resolved since 2008 I think..?? There hardly a few any more. And about the CD scratching thats only when you hit it or tip it over, I've done it thats just responsibility.

tomdragon
tomdragon
27 posts
Nomad

I think the xbox360 and ps3 are the battleer here. The WII just has crappy grahpics. The playstation 3 better grahpics blue ray. Xbox more games and would have to pay for xbox live. I f you just like one game for the ps3 then thats your thing but if you like different types of games and more shooters then xobx is your thing.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Oh yea since Xbox games have so much better reviews and 4x the amount of copies sold for 360's, yea 360 sure does suck. I bet you the original xbox has better ratings for games than Ps3 does and will ever.

yea i suppose i mean i guess 9.8/10 was lower than all the xbox games out there haha.. typical xbox fanboy sayings. not to mention considering most of my friends swapped to a ps3, its just the more sophisticated system. Like sure xbox is great when your a kid, because it appeals to the younger generation. It has those avatar little kid things. It has the white controllers, the switchable designs (including simpsons =)), and the layout just looks alot more immature than the ps3... Why? Well the ps3 doesn't have the big button on the front. Nore does it have a slidable dvd tray that comes out. Or do the controllers need batttery packs attached to them. Theres also no huge plugs. Ps3 also has wifi, already built in =o... Sry guy but xbox 360 is just losing its once held flame. The games are getting worse (halo 3, haha that games for nerds and terds.. and im pretty sure most of you dont got peices of corn stickin outta your heads).. um GOW 2... sure great story line, horrible online. Its basically a prostitute game. Why? You pay for it, you stick it in once, and then you pull it out once you finish, and then it sits on a pile of games exactly like it never touched again.. I should also take the time to mention the graphic difference between xbox and ps3. Many of you dont have a Hi def tv. Good thing i got one. All xbox users say they look the same. Yet you've never once played a 1080p game. Thats because xbox 360 cant handle or support even close to that.. Yeah sorry guy, but if i was 13-14 i would also enjoy an xbox 360... It just appeals yo ur crowd.. but i just prefer have sumthing more mature looking, and more prestige than the xbox 360...

tomdragon
tomdragon
27 posts
Nomad

I love xbox because of live. When you play on single player its boring but when your on live you cant stop playing man.

Cormac77
Cormac77
7 posts
Nomad

I've got PlayStation 3 only and it's my best console : >
But Xbox360 it's very good too : ]

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Well the ps3 doesn't have the big button on the front. Nore does it have a slidable dvd tray that comes out. Or do the controllers need batttery packs attached to them. Theres also no huge plugs. Ps3 also has wifi, already built in =o... Sry guy but xbox 360 is just losing its once held flame. The games are getting worse (halo 3, haha that games for nerds and terds.. and im pretty sure most of you dont got peices of corn stickin outta your heads).. um GOW 2... sure great story line, horrible online. Its basically a prostitute game. Why? You pay for it, you stick it in once, and then you pull it out once you finish, and then it sits on a pile of games exactly like it never touched again.. I should also take the time to mention the graphic difference between xbox and ps3. Many of you dont have a Hi def tv. Good thing i got one. All xbox users say they look the same. Yet you've never once played a 1080p game. Thats because xbox 360 cant handle or support even close to that.. Yeah sorry guy, but if i was 13-14 i would also enjoy an xbox 360... It just appeals yo ur crowd.. but i just prefer have sumthing more mature looking, and more prestige than the xbox 360...

Just gonna touch on some things you said....

-That "big button on the front" Is a GOOD thing. It allows you the entire xbox menu, without ever leaving your game. You can check on downloads, look at your friends list, and various other things.

-...WTF is wrong with a sliding disk tray? Do you have ADHD or something?

-Battery packs are not really a bad thing; They're rechargeable, which in essence, is the exact same thing as the ps3 (not to mention the ps3 controllers lose charge much faster)

-"Huge plugs" don't really matter to most people...they're usually concealed inside behind a tv or something.

-The halo 3/GOW2 was pretty funny....you have to use 2/3 year old games to even stand up in arguement; If you want a real comparison, use Bioshock 2 or something. Considering most games are multi-plat now, your claim of "games are getting worse" is pretty funny XD

-The graphical difference is partially correct; PS3 CAN allow for higher quality graphics. But things truly come down to the developer. Take Bioshock 2 for an example. Xbox360 has at leasr 5x better water textures compared to the PS3. Xbox can support 1080p. Why do you think they sell HDMI cables?!?!

You named 6 exclusives. Of those, I only find 2 of them noteworthy. Hell, you didn't even mention Uncharted 1/2!

You claim Xbo360 appeals to the "immature" audience, and yet you have the audacity to mention LBP...That is the essence of childishness. Don't get me wrong, I love a good platformer/physics, but just think long and hard about the game. It doesn't have a good storyline, and the mascot is named "sackboy". Wtf?

And don't get me started on MAG...So it has lots of people...that's it? It promised full-scale war, and yet, most time you find yourselves with merely 1 vs 1 battles. Gun shots are so prominent, that you can hardly focus on which enemy is closest on you. the 256 max also caused them to cut MANY corners...Notice how when you aim down the sights, it is nearly instant? The graphics are also tend to be unimpressive, especially compared to the main hype game:MW2
The maps are also a failure...many times, I found myself playing the same map up to 5 times in a row, since there are so few maps. And don't get me started on the squad leaders; half the time I get stuck with some 9 year old who doesn't know a thing about tactical play, or even how to leader a group of people.

Holy s**t this was too long... XD
crismajor
crismajor
11 posts
Nomad

OK PS3. the playstations have been around longer, dont over-heat and dont cut your disk in half. (not trying to flame, you learn to like 'em both when your always surrounded by 360 fans; i just like ps3 better)

P.S. I am NOT sorry at ALL for saying this, Wiis suck!

2butman
2butman
3 posts
Nomad

Ok I have never used PS3 and I own a 360 and I've played on the Wii and I think that the 360 is better in some regions and the PS3 is better in others and the Wii sucks (Sorry but when your a Halo fan, Its hard to say) I am a Nintendo fan and I love the Legend of Zelda series but I'd rather have the Gamecube then Wii and 360 has good and more people on Live and PS3 has FREE INTERNET AND WIFI (Wireless Fire) and last 360 is best (in my oppinion) because some of my best friends play on it and games only playable on Xbox 360... Achievements ... Avatars... PS3 May do everything but it cant do nothing.

Showing 781-795 of 5032