The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474266
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
dily213
dily213
50 posts
Nomad

Xbox FTW. Kinect is like wii and move but without a controller. I dont use it personnaly because it ruins the fun of sitting down and barely moving. :P I know ps3 move is more accurate, but its pretty cool playing without a controller. Also better graphics are barely noticable between the ps3 and the xbox. The wii shouldnt really be against the xbox and ps3 because its a completely different type of gameplay. But overall I love the xbox.

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

I honestly dont think the wii should even be an option, no offense to anyone that chose it. The ps3 is the obvious winner with better graphics, free online, and a way more reliable system. The xbox does have some better games, but it just isnt as good.

tbhalomaster
tbhalomaster
15 posts
Peasant

I am split between X360 and Wii. I only have a wii, but I enjoy Halo, and ocassionally play the origionals (1 and 2) and my old xbox (also origional). Howver, Black Ops on the Wii may not seem as good as the other consoles, however, it still has merit. The aiming is quite precise, and, compared to the other shooters on the Wii, is very entertaining.

jacobo101
jacobo101
33 posts
Nomad

360 is best because the graphics on every game is amazing!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I honestly dont think the wii should even be an option, no offense to anyone that chose it. The ps3 is the obvious winner with better graphics, free online, and a way more reliable system. The xbox does have some better games, but it just isnt as good.

Yo Blindsniper, the Wii is a choice because it is part of The Big 3. And, you know, the Wii is the best choice from the other two, because, you know, it is dominating sales by millions. If that isn't "better than the other two", I don't know what is. We all know that graphics isn't ev--okay, maybe not everyone...Almost all of us know that graphics do not make a game, a console, or an advertisement. You instead go for game mechanics, which the Wii excels at. It even beats the 360 in that terms. Free online? Nintendo has that too, albeit not as drawn-out as it should be. You have to love the security on this sucker, though. Maybe that's why Nintendo does this--so people don't troll you around.

Back up your reasons why the PS3 is *gasp* more reliable than the Wii. Oh, and the 360 part too. You can't just give a response without backing up your reasoning and expect it to be a legit post. Others aren't doing it, but I'm picking on you, just because :P

See what I did thar? ^
DoctorFunk
DoctorFunk
98 posts
Nomad

Since most of you are 12 year olds diagnosed with ADD, it's understandable that you all love the Wii and Xbox.

Wii is for kids, and lacks good, original titles. They just produce terrible rehashes of games done 100000 times before, but people don't mind. I'm not going to ramble on about it that much, it's just too terrible. If you're looking for a real console, it just doesn't even qualify.

I don't care about sales, don't mention anything about sales. Look at the latest CoD games, they blow, but they sell great.

Xbox 360. Terrible in comparison to the PS3. Mainly due to the lack of above average games. Most exclusives on Xbox aren't as great as reviewers and pathetic fanboys make them out to be. I got an Xbox just for them (Halo, Gears, Forza). I thought they would be great! But no, fk no. FK NO.

Halo! Generic sci-fi shooter #25295, where cars are more deadly than bullets! Really. Halo Reach's online gameplay wasn't that great. It was just more of the same. I'd go play fking Unreal Tournament 3, which is way better, if I were to play a game similar to halo.

Forza! This game is HILARIOUS LOL. The physics are fking atrocious for a "driving simulator". Inconsistent sense of speed is detrimental to the gameplay. So-so graphics and unrealistic engine sounds for tuned vehicles make this a pathetic "simulator". Surprising customization, but that doesn't do jack **** to redeem itself. Gran Turismo 5 smashes it.

The thing I hate most about Xbox is it's bad UI. It's slow, clunky, and annoying. The PS XMB is quick and smooth, everything is much easier to navigate cuz you can actually fking SEE what's coming up next when you're scrolling. On Xbox, it's just so counter-productive I don't even want to talk about it. But hey, the kids love it!

Which brings me to my next point. Xbox feels like it was built for children. With epileptic colors and giant pictures being smeared all over the previously stated clunky UI. How old does this thing think I am? 3? The avatars are hilariously bad. I feel like I have autism when I use the Xbox. I can't take it seriously.

Free online for PS3 is also a major advantage. Why would I pay 60 bucks a year (which adds up) to use Microsoft's ameteur online service? Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to actually do that? Thankfully, my Xbox isn't totally useless as my little brother plays it and I can play the one exclusive I actually enjoy, Ace Combat 6 (OMG A FLYING GAME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I COULD'VE SWORN IT WOULD BE QU33RS OF WAR OOZMOGMZOGM).

Better games and Blu-Ray support on PS3 just end Xbox completely. Blu-Ray looks like real life, but Xbots just say it's useless and that HD is good enough. The Blu-Ray is so underrated in my opinion.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (still playing it online and off to this day)
Uncharted Series
LBP Series
Killzone Series(mediocre actually, but unique cuz of it's story and graphics)
Gran Turismo 5
Modnation racers (Solid gameplay and not a Mario-Kart clone)
MLB: The Show Series
Ratchet and Clank Series
Stardust (An amazingly fun game!)
Resistence Series
Heavy Rain
God of War
Infamous Series

And tons more.

Alright, Xbox, let us see.

Halo Series (laughable, since a 3rd party title destroys it)
Gears (LOL)
Forza (OMG ROFL)
Crackdown (HAHAAHAHAHA)
Gotham Racing (actually not bad =O)

Uhh

Lemme think...

Ehh...

Braid or whatever?

See what I did thar? ^

SazerX
SazerX
38 posts
Nomad

PS3
-It has way better graphics than the rest
-Better controls
-Sony is more experienced in the gaming industries
-Better cuz i say it is

finnman5
finnman5
68 posts
Nomad

i love ps3 and x-box they both have fun games but then wii suckes

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Since most of you are 12 year olds diagnosed with ADD, it's understandable that you all love the Wii and Xbox.

That gave me quite a hint as to what you are going to say. I really hate when people take their beliefs and shove it in other people's faces.

wii suckes

-Better cuz i say it is

You two both failed as to what your reasons are. Elaborate!
finnman5
finnman5
68 posts
Nomad

ps3 has the best games and controls x-box has hard controls and bad graghics and wii just sucks

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I shall update my official standing of awesomeness:

Xbox 360:

Pros: Some nice exculsives (Halo, Gears Of War, Forza, Kinect, etc.)
Cons: You have to pay for it.

PS3:

Pros: Free online, other nice exclusives (Uncharted, God Of War, Playstation Move, etc.) Blu-ray
Cons: It doesn't have the Xbox exclusives.

Wii:

Pros: A different variety of games, more family oriented.
Cons: The different variety of games can also be its downfall. Usually, people who like Xbox or PS3 don't like the Wii's games. Also, not as good graphics as the other two.

In conclusion, it comes down to personal preference. Each console has their pros and cons.

Godlikem
Godlikem
14 posts
Nomad

I guess im gana say X-box360 because it has the best connection even tho it isnt free.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You have to pay for it.

You pay for the other ones as well. If you're talking about the online gameplay, then you pay for a great online experience.
It doesn't have the Xbox exclusives.

How is that a con? PS3 has many exclusives.
Also, not as good graphics as the other two.

Graphics should be the last thing you compare when comparing GAMING consoles.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

How is that a con? PS3 has many exclusives.

Yeah. I know. But Xbox has nice exclusives, and so does PS3.

If you're talking about the online gameplay, then you pay for a great online experience.

Yeah, I mean you have to pay for the Xbox LIVE.

Graphics should be the last thing you compare when comparing GAMING consoles.

While true, slightly worse graphics does somewhat detract from the overall experience.
badgamer101
badgamer101
8 posts
Nomad

i love my ps3. mainly because of the free online and heres something i bet alot dont consider lately...when the ps3 came out it had a built in wi-fi reciever. x-box made u pay for that. i travel alot and that was perfect for me. plus games like little big planet actually let u do something and say look at this. i owned a ps2 as well (as may people did) and and the controler just felt natural in my hands. no adapting needed. i already knew what to expect. also you cant deny free online. with the money spent on x-box in a year i could have another wonderfull game to play instead of paying for online and not having a game to play.

Showing 2476-2490 of 5032