The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474240
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
GlimmeringStars
GlimmeringStars
95 posts
Nomad

Some preffer the smaller, some preffer the bigger.

I personally prefer the smaller one just because I find it easier to hold but it's probably because I'm more used to it.
The Xbox controller is a bit awkward for me to hold comfortably as my hands are considerably small. Of course I can still hold it, but I just don't like it as much.
TazManiac7
TazManiac7
25 posts
Bard

[quote]Some preffer the smaller, some preffer the bigger.

It really i a matter of getting used to the controller. The xbox 360 controller fits so perfectly in my hands that the PS one seem weird.. but then again the other day I found an old rectangular NES controller in my attic and i remember when it felt like an extension of my body!

Strange how far gaming has come!

strategyfox
strategyfox
11 posts
Nomad

ps3 owns all others

MIdnightToker420
MIdnightToker420
8 posts
Nomad

ill tell you one thing the Wii sucks I've had one for a year and now that I played a couple of matches of Black ops it gives me a dam error screen, and it wont play any discs, going to cost me $85 to repair. Other than that I preffer the PS3. Great graphics, free online play.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

xbox 360 is the bomb like tick tick tick...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

ps3 owns all others

Though I do prefer the PS3 over all the consoles, I must ask what your reasons are for thinking that the PS2 'owns' all other consoles.
ill tell you one thing the Wii sucks I've had one for a year and now that I played a couple of matches of Black ops it gives me a dam error screen, and it wont play any discs, going to cost me $85 to repair.

Sounds like you damaged your Wii somehow or purchased a defective Wii. That's no reason to say that it sucks, just means that you were unlucky when buying a Wii. There have been cases when friends of mine purchase a defective PS3 or Xbox 360 then call the console bad because of that. And that's plain out stupid.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

PS2 owns all others!!! XD.

Whoops. Maybe I should pay more attention to the key pad. xD
I say PS. the first ever, and you know you had a lot of fun on it. You know it.

Of course. It had the best games at the time, other than the Nintendo64.
Pooman123
Pooman123
21 posts
Nomad

In my opinion the PS3 and the Xbox are the same, but I prefer the Xbox because the controllers are WAYYY more comfortable in my hands, the PS3s are awkward, and in my opinion not fun to play with.

finnman5
finnman5
68 posts
Nomad

ps3 is the best x-box is ok and wii suckes

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

People put their own opinions here rather than facts. they say this rules, this sucks and so on. So keep in mind that you shouldn't question people based on what they say, it is just their opinion, so it's all based on a persons own preference. So don't, for instance the comment above me, reply with "with which proof" or something like that

It brings more discussion. If it was that way, how you commented, then this thread wouldn't be so alive.
tylerDeLakorean
tylerDeLakorean
4 posts
Nomad

1. Utility: If you want to use your console for both gaming and media purposes, then go for the PS3. It has a Blu-Ray drive and the built-in WiFi makes streaming media easy. By buying the PS3 you are also entering the world of high definition Blu-Ray movies, which can otherwise be a bit costly. Itâs not just media, the PS3 also has great games with beatiful visuals.

2. Price: The XBox 360âs lowest model is pretty cheap at around $200. If you are looking forward to buying a console just for gaming, you can consider the Core but beware â" the Core does not have any wireless controllers or hard drive.

If you want a PS3, you will need to shell out around $400. But with the features the PS3 has in store for you, the price is justified.

UPDATE: After a price drop, both the consoles are at par. The new PS3 Slim and XBox 360 Elite both go for $299. While the lower end 360 sells for $200, itâs better to get the Elite.

3. Exclusive Games : Most of the games are multi-platform games, that is they are released on both the consoles but there are certain titles that are exclusive to each console. That means you cannot get an exclusive for the PS3 to play on the 360 and vice-versa. Most of the exclusives are among the best games made.

> PS3 Exclusives: Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, MotorStorm 2, Killzone 2, inFamous ..
> XBox 360 Exclusives: Halo 3, Ninja Gaiden II, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction ..

So if you are an FPS lover, the 360 can be good as it has a lot of shooter games. The PS3 has a wide variety of games from different genres. A pretty good example of this can be the upcoming LittleBigPlanet. This game is really cute and creative and requires you to make full use of your imagination. I think people will love it.

4. Online Play: If you are looking forward to playing your games online, then the 360 will be better as itâs online play is better than the one on the PS3. For the XBox Live service, youâll need to pay some amount whereas the PSN will be free.

5. Support: Both Sony and Microsoft are providing good support to their respective consoles and the 360 and PS3 are getting great titles at the moment.

But I donât know what will happen to the 360 once itâs successor arrives. I had the original XBox earlier and when the 360 was launched, MS restricted support to the first one and as a result it faded out. While contrary to this, Sony still provides support to the PS2 and itâs still getting new titles. So Iâm pretty sure now that my PS3 will last long but I canât say anything regarding the 360.

Thus, you can make a choice based on these factors. Decide what suits you the best and make a relevant decision.

Another thing I want to say is that love your console and respect other peopleâs consoles. Whenever I visit any gaming forum, thereâs always a comment fight going on between fans where they proclaim their system to be better than the other one and often abuse the other system. Every console has itâs attractions and drawbacks. Remember nothing is perfect! Each person has his/her own choice and you should respect it.

If you have extra money and have bought both the consoles, then itâs great for you. You can play the games available on both the consoles.

Otherwise youâve to make a choice â" The PS3 or 360 - Itâs upto you. Let us know what you think.

UPDATE: My PS3 used to make some noise while I played Fifa 09, so I handed it over to the Sony guys and luckily they exchanged my 40GB PS3 with a new 80GB Motor Storm 2 Bundle!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Copypasta. From here. And here. Oh, and here.

...And that's plagiarism since you didn't cite your source. You must devoid intelligence, since you probably didn't read that. That's from when the consoles first came out.

P13RR0
P13RR0
1 posts
Nomad

xbox is the best system on the market today!!!

SazerX
SazerX
38 posts
Nomad

PS3 is better

samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

i'd sooooooooooooooooooooooo pick playstation
the Ps3 Vaersion has littlebigplanet2, and it powns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showing 2506-2520 of 5032