The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474101
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
FrenziedPanda
FrenziedPanda
9 posts
Nomad

Forgot one thing, PLaying online on a ps3 sucks. Because you don't have to pay for it there are a lot of hackers. And ps3 players haven't been able too play online for some time now, cause of some hacker(s)... also online gaming, media, and commerce options still arenât as fully developed as Xbox Live, though theyâre getting better.

themad
themad
1 posts
Nomad

i have to go with the [b]PS3 it has the free online so its perfact for me. im a gamer that gos online so its perfact

PMan24
PMan24
27 posts
Shepherd

I have both, PS3 and xBox360. I would prefer the PS3. The games are more expensive than for xBox, but the onlinegaming is fpr free, the ps3 is so silence when you´re playing....
I can´t realy summayry all the aspects, but all in all the playstation just has better quality, in the Software an the Hardware.

But for people who dont´s have the money to buy the expensive ps3 and the expensive games for it and don´t need a blueray-player, the xBox360 is a very nice little cheap alternative...

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Wii:
Pros: Different play style, more family oriented, free online

Sony tries to make the PS3 more family oriented with the PS Move.
XxCOULSONxX
XxCOULSONxX
1 posts
Nomad

Alright so here's my opinion on all three systems. The Wii is good for family games or if you want to have a family game night or something. The Playstation 3 is a really good system that features high definiton grafix and really good games. The Xbox 360 has the best online of all three systems and has better features. I own a PS3

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

better features.

Could you elaborate on the features that are on the Xbox that are better than the PS3's?
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

No matter what you say, PS3 has the larger selection, there are only two big exclusives for Xbox.

Emphasis on the big. There are some, albeit less known, exclusives for the Xbox, both downloadable and regular games.

Examples: Braid (downloadable), Limbo (downloadable), and Forza.
wobes52
wobes52
2 posts
Nomad

As a Nintendo fanboy I would totally love to say Wii, however both the Xbox and PS3 easily surpass it. Wii is a great companion counsel, but for hardcore gaming you really should have a different one, preferably Xbox for me.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

i love the playstation, but ever since the hacking, ive been doubting my trust in the security. i dont know if im safe or not

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Xbox has one advantage, and that's Halo. Not to mention the big PS3 game is Call of Duty and Xbox has it too. Xbox's big game is either Halo or COD. PS3 doesn't have Halo so I think Xbox wins the gaming part of this.

One single game doesn't make a console beat another. Take a look at a few of their exclusives. But it's personal preference.

Here's some notable exclusives on both the Xbox 360 and PS3:

Great exclusives for the PS3:
Infamous
Resistance series
Metal gear solid series
Heavy Rain
SOCOM
Little big planet series
God of war series
Yakuza
Ninja Gaiden series
Uncharted series
Killzone series
Rachet and Clank

Great exclusives for the Xbox360:
Forza
Gears of war series
Halo series
Crackdown series
Fable series
Left for dead series
Splinter cell series
Mass Effect series
Alan Wake

--

What you just said in your post was that the Xbox wins in gaming because of Halo, then you proceeded to thrash the Xbox by pointing out so many flaws and praise the PS3 for all the good things that it has - but the Xbox still wins. That doesn't make much sense to me.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Wii is just not in the competition

I'd like to add in that the Wii is in the competition. It isn't the best selling console out of these three for nothing. People from all across the world have purchased the Wii and enjoy playing it. Suppose they like it more than the other two consoles since the Wii has sold so many.

It also reinvented the gaming world by introducing motion gaming, so you can thank Nintendo for that.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It also reinvented the gaming world by introducing motion gaming

And it did a terrible job at it. Before the motion + the best motion tracking it could do was a simple shake. I haven't tried the motion + but the Move is awesome. I haven't tried connect either but microsoft completely failed it by removing a lot of planned features and having one of the worst set of launch titles i have ever seen. It still only has 17 games and has been out for months.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

And it did a terrible job at it.

Yeah, when things are new they aren't going to be great. It takes time for things to get that way. However, without Nintendo introducing this then Microsoft and Sony probably wouldn't have thought about it and improved it slightly.
MisterD1991
MisterD1991
1 posts
Shepherd

Playstation the best... WII is crap and x-box is just the second thing to handle the price and dont get a monopole for sony

mrapi
mrapi
1 posts
Nomad

I must say that I would definitely go for the PS3 although it's expensiver although it got hacked. I don't care! I just care about the fun and the feeling wich is best on a ps3 with a HDMI cable and a full HD television.

Showing 2626-2640 of 5032