The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474073
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
_DC_
_DC_
17 posts
Nomad

Wii all the way! Free online internet and a virtual console downloading system and backward compatibility makes the Wii console a winner.

slamboxif
slamboxif
5 posts
Nomad

I think the ps3 is over rated the xbox360 is a great console. In my opinion the wii isn't that great although it has one of the best games (mario).

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I'm a fan of the PS3. There are good games for it, but you have to know which ones to get. A lot of them are annoying racing games but games like Demon's Souls, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Assasin's Creed Revelations are amazing.
The Xbox 360 has games like Halo and Left for Dead, both of which I find annoying and overrated.
The Wii... I don't even think I need to say anything about that. Who plays the Wii anymore?

SwordGamesxD
SwordGamesxD
27 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah! Xbox has exclusive games!
Halo Reach.. (I am wrong?)
Gears of War...
More?

therandomhobo
therandomhobo
14 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 is the best , ps3 2nd place, WII 3rd place

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I think the ps3 is over rated the xbox360 is a great console.

Over rated? Nah. Well, I can see how some people think that; the PS3 does have a really low failure rate, a controller that doesn't require batteries - you charge them, free online - and please don't try to argue that the Xbox 360s online is better simply because you pay for it because there is no difference in the online quality, a disk tray that doesn't scratch your disks, an Internet Browser, and some other good things that don't really deserve a mention because they're not that important. But if you take all of that and compare it to the Xbox 360 then you'll see which is overall better. And people do bring these things out when people discuss about consoles, so they may be mad because they can't bring anything else to the table aside from having some exclusive games that the PS3 doesn't and slightly larger controllers (which I'll add not everyone likes, so those things are irrelevant unless you're just going to use a console solely for a few exclusive games and prefer bigger controllers that require constant battery changes).
Xbox has exclusive games!

So does the Wii and PS3.
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Sure, Playstation Network accounts are free, but have any of you heard of all of the Playstation Network hacks? I would rather pay for an Xbox Live account and have security than have a free Playstation Network account that is going to get hacked. And if anyone is going to mention the red ring of death, it happens to every game system. Not just consoles, my Nintindo DS gets that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Xbox Live doesn't give you extra security, you are still able to get hacked. And PSN was only hacked majorly once.

And if anyone is going to mention the red ring of death, it happens to every game system. Not just consoles, my Nintindo DS gets that.

It happens less often on the Wii and PS3, though, so that's something to take into consideration.
Tayds004
Tayds004
2 posts
Nomad

I have had both the PS3 and the Xbox. I now have the PS3 only. It has less games but free online play and better customer service. I do like the kinect better than the move, but since i really dont like motion gaming, i haven't bought either. never owned a Wii so no comment.

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Sure Playstation netork has only been hacked majorly once, but anyone can hack an individual PS3. Besides, if Bill Gates is as rich as he is, he is going to make sure he makes more by assuring security to his users. And I like to support an American company than Japanese corporations like Nintendo and Sony.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

No, Xbox Live players are still able to get hacked and they do every single day. Microsoft just wants more of your money, which is why they insist you pay for these things when it's not needed at all.

Yeah, have fun with that. "I'm going to pick this company even though it's not that good because it's American, and I don't pick better ones simply because they're foreign".

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

I like to support my nation. Nothing personal against Japanese, but they have all the new, crappy games and technology. Just look at Pokemon.

Piquilo
Piquilo
21 posts
Nomad

Playstation3 all the way!

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Why do people support the PS3? It sucks! I am a former owner of one, and I rage quit the entire system! I am a big fan of Xbox.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Actually look at everything each system has to offer. The only things that the Xbox 360 has to offer that the PS3 doesn't have are some exclusive games and larger controllers, otherwise it's useless.

Showing 3886-3900 of 5032