The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474072
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

The exclusive games are awesomer than any Killzone games the PS3 has. And the controllers aren't larger, they fit to your hands. PS3 controllers are like playing with a block.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Yeah, that's what we call an "opinion", which is one of the main reasons someone picks a console. But other than some exclusives, the Xbox 360 doesn't have anything of importance.

They are larger, which is why they fit in most peoples' hands. The PS3's controller is symmetrical and a bit smaller, and the only problems with it is that it's smaller, otherwise it's a great controller.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

exclusive games

I suppose you mean Kinect games. If not, you are wrong.

larger controllers

WHERE HAVE I BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE I'M GETTING AN XBOX RIGHT NOW!!!

Larger controllers are nothing to be proud of.

Why do people support the PS3? It sucks! I am a former owner of one, and I rage quit the entire system! I am a big fan of Xbox.

Why do you rage quit game systems? Are you exaggerating? To be honest, if I played an Xbox and a PS3 right after eachother, I couldn't tell the difference. I just prefer PS3 because online play is free.

Prefer

Xbox doesn't suck.

I prefer PS3.

Gawsh.
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

I rage quit game systems after I figure out the intense crappiness of a PS3. PS3 and Xbox controllers are about the same size, but an Xbox controller is fitting to people's hands now, and they keep making things better! And Xbox dosen't just have exclusive games. After Gears of War 3 came out, they were making all sorts of exclusive controllers and skins for the Xbox. And they're still making them! But I am an avid reader of Gameinformer magazine and apparently, there are no plans for the new skins for a PS3 at all. Besides, if there were, they'd already be released in Japan.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

After Gears of War 3 came out, they were making all sorts of exclusive controllers and skins for the Xbox.

Hold the phone. Hold it.

You're saying Xbox is better because of the controllers they have with pwitty wittle skins?

How much of that matters?
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

You're saying Xbox is better because of the controllers they have with pwitty wittle skins?

pshhhh. Don't you know that if you have a skin on your console/controller that no one else will see it proves you are a hardcore gamer?!? *sarcasm just in case you didn't notice*

This thread is more for judging consoles on things that actually AFFECT gameplay. skins do absolutely nothing. They are fun to have if you have people over or if you love a certain theme to death, but they do not make a console superior in any way.

This is the part you say that you were trying to be funny.
KidIronman
KidIronman
25 posts
Nomad

Eww, PS3 fanboys. Ok so can someone tell me what gaming features the PS3 has that the XBox doesn't? All I see is 'XBOX IS TEH EXAT SAM AS TEH PS3 BUT DUH PS3 IS STILL TEH BESTESTEST' except that they do have more features, yes skins are a feature, and that's just one more that PS3's don't have. So, if they have the same gaming features, then you look to other features, ie. skins, avatars, parties. PS3 is the ghetto man's console.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Eww, PS3 fanboys. Ok so can someone tell me what gaming features the PS3 has that the XBox doesn't? All I see is 'XBOX IS TEH EXAT SAM AS TEH PS3 BUT DUH PS3 IS STILL TEH BESTESTEST' except that they do have more features, yes skins are a feature, and that's just one more that PS3's don't have. So, if they have the same gaming features, then you look to other features, ie. skins, avatars, parties. PS3 is the ghetto man's console.

Are you really back with your argument that because PS3 doesn't have features that have nothing to do with what they are actually used for, which is gaming, Xbox is better? Ok, uh I like not having to pay for internet, I like the way the playstation is set up, I like being able to watch blu-ray on it and stream my Netflix, and I don't give a flying penguin about my avatar or skins that no one else can see or cares about! And again, we are not fanboys just because we want Xbox people to come up with a better argument.
KidIronman
KidIronman
25 posts
Nomad

There you go, the whole 'free internet' argument. And hey, XBox's can play HD movies which, seeing as HD is more popular than Blu Ray, is more handy. And even if you want to watch Blu ray, you could also convert Blu ray to HD (gasp technology!) They also have netflix... so, once again. What features does the PS3 have that the XBox doesn't? Pray tell.

cornholiobungholio
cornholiobungholio
122 posts
Nomad

Maybe the exclusive games can clear this debate up. Xbox has Halo...PS3 has God of War. I don't enjoy hitting one button 100 times and winning. The PS3 is also less interactive so maybe that's why it's free. The Xbox design is even better while the PS3 just looks boxy...despite the fact it's enemy is the X"box". Wii...poor Wii...One hit wonder with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Everything comes out earlier with COD on Xbox too. The worst thing with the PS3 could be the controller...making such a big deal over the controller when it came out, when it looks almost the same and no huge differences with PS2 controllers. And about the person who hates the controller skins: it makes the Xbox more customizable while the PS3 is not. I also like the name of the Forum "Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. Playstation 3"<Xbox is first.

KidIronman
KidIronman
25 posts
Nomad

And about the person who hates the controller skins: it makes the Xbox more customizable while the PS3 is not.

They don't care about customization, they only care about better gaming features that don't exist.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Eww, PS3 fanboys.

Not at all. This is what the Xbox 360 fanboys resort to saying when they've lost a discussion. The PS3 fanboys do it as well when they can't discuss things properly, but notice how we're not insulting you guys and we are actually providing things, while you guys are posting pathetic arguments and continuing to say "OMG, Xbox 360 is the best because it is!!!!1". I play both consoles daily, so I'm obviously not a fanboy - I don't go out and say "OMG, PS3 IS THE BEST EVER!". Not at all, you're just neglecting the facts of each console because you think the Xbox 360 is perfect. And before you argue the same, I don't think the PS3 is perfect, I know there are flaws, but there are fewer of them, and they're not as major as the ones on the Xbox 360.
Ok so can someone tell me what gaming features the PS3 has that the XBox doesn't?

There's one major thing that makes gaming on the PS3 better: The free online. And before you argue that Xbox Live is better because you have to pay for it, it isn't. It's not better in any way. The difference is that you have to pay to play, and that is all.
they do have more features, yes skins are a feature, and that's just one more that PS3's don't have.

It's a feature, but not an important feature nor a gaming feature. The only thing it gives you is some eye candy, as with most things regarding the Xbox 360. Most arguments I see from Xbox 360 enthusiasts is that they like the system more because it's more colorful and pretty to them. However, that doesn't matter one bit. These consoles are made for gaming, and some extra features like the Internet browser on the PS3, Netflix on these consoles, and those other things are bonuses. Gaming is what matters, and with the Xbox 360 you have to invest more money into the system just to play - paying for online, continuously purchasing batteries or buying more controllers if you don't want that, the console scratching disks so you either have to pay for another game or get an expensive disk cleaner, and the around 50% failure rate of the Xbox 360. So you see, the PS3 doesn't have these issues - the online is free, you charge the controllers, it doesn't scratch your disks, and the failure rate is extremely low. And yes, those things do matter with gaming because you require those to actually game and they have things to do with gaming.
So, if they have the same gaming features, then you look to other features, ie. skins, avatars, parties. PS3 is the ghetto man's console.

Yeah, because wasting time and possibly money on avatars and skins makes a console better, right? That makes no sense whatsoever. And you can have parties on the PS3, as I've said before.
There you go, the whole 'free internet' argument.

At least his argument holds more water than yours; you're arguing that the Xbox 360 is automatically the best console because of some eye candy like skins and avatars. Come on now, actually think about your argument.
so, once again. What features does the PS3 have that the XBox doesn't? Pray tell.

All I can say at this point is learn to read. I've posted several times regarding this question.
Maybe the exclusive games can clear this debate up.

The exclusive games are very important for the consoles; however, will you enjoy paying all that extra money and worrying about your console overheating? If so, then more power to you. I don't mind at all if you would like to waste hundreds of dollars to play a console and possibly wasting more money if your console fails. This is why I prefer the PS3; it doesn't fail as often, I don't have to shovel out a lot of money just to play some games, and I enjoy the exclusives on the PS3 more than the Xbox 360. However, that doesn't mean that I think the Xbox 360 is automatically garbage, I still like the Xbox 360 for some exclusives, but that's it - I don't see any other point in this console other than some exclusive titles.
The PS3 is also less interactive so maybe that's why it's free.

Less interactive how? I take it you mean less interactive as in they don't have the useless things such as avatars taking up space. If so, then yes, but that doesn't matter. I use a console for gaming and some extra things like browsing the Internet on my PS3 and even watching movies.
The Xbox design is even better while the PS3 just looks boxy.

It is? I didn't realize that having three giant fans, a finger print magnet, and a giant slash on the top of the system was so appealing to people. How astonishing. Well, good for you if you prefer that ugliness. The PS3 is simple, which is why I like it; two buttons on the front for power and ejecting disks and a nice disk tray that takes in disks. It also doesn't have three giant fans that make tons of noise while playing; it has one fan on the back (where it's supposed to be, not on the sides and on top) and it makes little to zero noise while playing.
Everything comes out earlier with COD on Xbox too.

Not everyone out there is a fanatic about a repetitive game that has been done to death.
The worst thing with the PS3 could be the controller...making such a big deal over the controller when it came out, when it looks almost the same and no huge differences with PS2 controllers.

This is rather hypocritical to say because the Xbox 360 controller isn't that different from the Xbox controller. Only difference is that it has a slightly different formation and they took off the white and black buttons near the bottom or top. And the PS3 controller is fine as it is. Notice how I said fine, not great or the best, fine. To make it better they could make it a bit larger or even have different sizes for people to choose from, but otherwise it's decent enough; it's a symmetrical controller and the only people who should be complaining are those who have very large hands.
And about the person who hates the controller skins: it makes the Xbox more customizable while the PS3 is not.

A useless customization since it doesn't offer anything important; it's only eye candy. It doesn't improve the controller at all. But if you want to argue skins, the PS3 has different color controllers. Yes, it's not the same as a skin, but if you're going to use this argument then there's no use in arguing about it.
They don't care about customization

Yeah, we don't have a very short attention span and a high desire to dress and customize a virtual character and waste money on controller skins.

Important:
This post will be ignored by the fanboys/most people here and they will continue to post their pathetic thoughts because they can't bother actually looking into the specifics of each console. It's a wonder this thread is still open.
DrViruz
DrViruz
27 posts
Nomad

PS3 for me Xbox is cool but ps3 ^_^

loomer50
loomer50
267 posts
Nomad

There's one major thing that makes gaming on the PS3 better: The free online. And before you argue that Xbox Live is better because you have to pay for it, it isn't. It's not better in any way. The difference is that you have to pay to play, and that is all.

Well, remember when PSN was down. FOR A VERY LONG TIME??????
KidIronman
KidIronman
25 posts
Nomad

What you don't realize is that the reason XBox is better is BECAUSE you pay for it. You get way more out of it, DLC's and expansion packs sooner, it's also safer and is backed by a company that actually cares about players. What happened with Sony? They got hacked and were down for over a month and didn't even bother to tell the players about it for two weeks. Why? Because they can't fix their security problems and have to take down all their servers for weeks. And if you have a PS3, which is just so precious and almighty to you, why do you play an Xbox daily?

Showing 3901-3915 of 5032