ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3070386
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

"cricket" says the frog,
Finding a mate proves fruitless
The tree must go on

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Glad the title changed without me saying anything to a mod since I won an all, I was in Europe the past 10 days and just got on. I'm happy to see I won There were some good entries to beat out ;P. and i'll work on the punctuation, it just did not cross my mind at the time! Good luck everyone in this week's theme!

jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

Dark, murky water
A lily pad with flowers
A mask on it's face

A metaphor to how we hide our emotions...

jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

Wait a sec, didn't use punctuation! I don't want to be marked for that.

Dark, murky water,
A lily pad with flowers.
A mask on it's face.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I hate half-butt judging. Maybe I'll do it.

ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

Shallow Waters
Holding small worlds
Lily Pads afloat.

*bad spelling fix*

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I hate half-butt judging. Maybe I'll do it.

Hmph, you're free to do so buddy...As I explained; I'm going through awful times right now so if really you want to do it, help yourself.

It's closed for the submissions, I'll be waiting for dudeguy's answer to judge (or not).

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I'll help you out Fallen. I'll judge. Will be done by Midnight on Friday.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Ok then. Anyways, it wasn't even my week to judge so really, it doesn't make much of a difference. See you for the next judging guys, I'll probably be feeling a little better by then, who knows.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

SOMEBODY JUST JUDGE!This happens every time.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Hey, can't you read the precedent posts? Dudeguy said he'd have it done and he even said when so calm yourself down okay buddy. God, things like these just piss me off seeing what I'm going through; you do know it's a crapload of work and we're doing it benevolently right? Use some patience!

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Last round, I wrote a critique for everyone who entered, and had it up two days after the round finished. Not to toot my own horn, but thats pretty good. I don't think you fully appreciate just how hard it is to judge this contest. Sure, its 'only three lines', but when you have 30 some-odd entries and everyone wants a critique, it can get stressful. But its only three lines! It just pisses me off when people totally ignore the amount of time and effort that these judges put into the round each week. I only did it one week, and it was stressful. I can't imagine how much Earnie and Fallen get stressed, so it really pisses me off when people get upset and crap about it.

/rant
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

I think maybe you can work as a team and divide the work? say there are 30 of em, 3 of you want to do it, that would be 10 each. not to shabby.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I think maybe you can work as a team and divide the work? say there are 30 of em, 3 of you want to do it, that would be 10 each. not to shabby.

I can't do it; Visitation with my dad.
Fallen can't do it; Emotional turmoil.

Dudeguy wants to do it, so let him.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Just think how complicated it would be; you have to gather the results of everyone else by messaging outside Ag, so whenever you can't reach someone immediately, even though you're finished you're bound to wait. And then, there's the winning issue; is somebody designated to choose, or must all three debate. If so, it's bound to cause even more lateness. If not, the one deciding can choose a Haiku that was not appreciated by the one who judged it; then what do you do!?

We already tried that method, it's all too complicated, really.

Fallen can't do it; Emotional turmoil.

True, however, I said I could to a certain extent, but that extent doesn't satisfies Dudeguy so let him.

Showing 3286-3300 of 5299