ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3070266
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

True, guess I under thought it. The honors all yours dudeguy.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

Hey, can't you read the precedent posts? Dudeguy said he'd have it done and he even said when so calm yourself down okay buddy. God, things like these just piss me off seeing what I'm going through; you do know it's a crapload of work and we're doing it benevolently right? Use some patience!

Last round, I wrote a critique for everyone who entered, and had it up two days after the round finished. Not to toot my own horn, but thats pretty good. I don't think you fully appreciate just how hard it is to judge this contest. Sure, its 'only three lines', but when you have 30 some-odd entries and everyone wants a critique, it can get stressful. But its only three lines! It just pisses me off when people totally ignore the amount of time and effort that these judges put into the round each week. I only did it one week, and it was stressful. I can't imagine how much Earnie and Fallen get stressed, so it really pisses me off when people get upset and crap about it.

/rant

Man,everything I say here gets at least one person annoyed.How can two sentences be a rant?Sometimes people take a week or two judge.If it takes a while,and you know it,set the deadline back until you know you can make it.Then tell people if it has to go back or if you can make it quicker.I saw your getting it done tomorrow,but people are also forgetting about it.They don't care if their forgetting.So the people that are in the contest should get annoyed if the judge abandons the thread.Also if they show the results one or two weeks late.I've done somewhere between 15-20 judgings.I've never missed a deadline or I missed it by one day,and that was once.I realize this time it's only missed the deadline by two days,but it's happening every time.Move the deadline back.If you want,I'll judge and,either push the deadline back,or get it on time.
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

The deadlines are for submitting not judging. Just saying.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

The deadlines are for submitting not judging. Just saying.

Your right.In a way.Judges say the deadline is,this time June 30th.That is saying they will judge by June 30th.Seriously,I will do it.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

How can two sentences be a rant?

He's signaling the end of his rant. Like how the [/quote] signals the end of the quote in the BB code that we use.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

The deadline has and always will be for submissions, the judging is normally a day or two after the deadline. The judges do this voluntarily, they are neither appointed, nor are they paid to spend their time and effort helping administer the contest. In any case if you have a problem with it, then I suggest you stop participating.

/rant

Oh and your little comment earlier was considered a rant because of the capslock, one would assume that you know the meaning of such formatting in context.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

Flag

The deadline has and always will be for submissions, the judging is normally a day or two after the deadline. The judges do this voluntarily, they are neither appointed, nor are they paid to spend their time and effort helping administer the contest. In any case if you have a problem with it, then I suggest you stop participating.

/rant

Oh and your little comment earlier was considered a rant because of the capslock, one would assume that you know the meaning of such formatting in context.

Well,sometimes people wait a week or something.It's like their trying to annoy us.For my comment,all I meant is it seems like every time someone is abandoning this thread.If it is set as a submission deadline,why are you guys looking for a new judge instead of waiting for the judging?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Go back and look at the previous posts, no where does it say that there is not a judge available, FallenSky simply said that he would not be able to offer a detailed judging, and dudeguy volunteered in his place.

And annoyance shouldn't be a factor, real life does exist.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

God,I hate armor games.I don't know why I didn't become inactive.Like I tried.Twice.Everything I say ends up in a way to make everyone mad at me.I enter because I want a merit.I'll become inactive for a third time.When the CRBWC ends.I'll come back next year.Go away again.Until I forget everything.Why did I ever even come here.Right,to rate and comment on games.Didn't even know what the community was.

/rant

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Oh lawd, did I create such a curfuffel?

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

Oh lawd, did I create such a curfuffel?

No,Maverick did by making the thread.Oh I'll be happy when I'm gone.Ir banned.Which ever comes first.
ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

No,Maverick did by making the thread.Oh I'll be happy when I'm gone.Ir banned.Which ever comes first.

Good luck on that.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Oh I'll be happy when I'm gone.Ir banned.

I'm not going to say anything mean.
But just so you know, the deadline is the date when submissions end, not when the judging is due. Generally, judging is submitted 3-7 days after the deadline. Just saying.

Speaking of deadlines, isn't entering at the very last second fun?

In night, the pond lies
Dormant, but underwater
The fish never sleep

Und last place is MEIN.
I even managed to fit a small amount of science in there! Except technically fish sleep...they just don't shut their eyes.
Meh.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Uh I hate to break it to you, but deadlines were officially closed a page or two back.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

Uh I hate to break it to you, but deadlines were officially closed a page or two back.

Yeah, but since in the end I'm not the judge for this round, we'll let Dudeguy decide if he judges the following submissions or not.

Showing 3301-3315 of 5299