ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3069041
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Entry's closes tomorrow. You may not post a Haiku afterwards. Judging should be done 3-10 days after the deadline. May vary due to Mav's schedule.

I see that I have a shadow. :P

Not much I can add to this, except that it'll be an extra special judging because its my last one, and I'll be appointing the next judge. On a side note, there might be a quick little face-off among the top five or so, to really show who's the best.
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I see that I have a shadow. :P

*Troll Face*

Not much I can add to this, except that it'll be an extra special judging because its my last one, and I'll be appointing the next judge. On a side note, there might be a quick little face-off among the top five or so, to really show who's the best.

"Haiku-off". Interesting... Does the winner judge or do you choose?
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Immutably cruel,
She consumes herself blindly,
And a child is born.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

"Haiku-off". Interesting... Does the winner judge or do you choose?

I'll choose the top five from this large group.

The top five will recieve a special topic, while the rest are given the actual topic, plus an extra long deadline to account for the mini-round going on at the same time.

The Winner of the mini-round will be declared the new judge. If s/he does not want to do it, it will go to second, then third, etc, etc. In the unlikely event that no one wants to do it, I'll give it to the first qualified volunteer. I doubt it will come to that though.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

In my day... *rant*

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Immutably cruel,
She consumes herself blindly,
And a child is born.

Entries are currently closed Graham, you'll have to wait for the next one.

The top five will recieve a special topic, while the rest are given the actual topic, plus an extra long deadline to account for the mini-round going on at the same time.

The Winner of the mini-round will be declared the new judge. If s/he does not want to do it, it will go to second, then third, etc, etc. In the unlikely event that no one wants to do it, I'll give it to the first qualified volunteer. I doubt it will come to that though.

Yes quite... I can't wait! Can't believe we'll see a Mavless AMW forum...
mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

Entries are currently closed Graham, you'll have to wait for the next one

Lies, not until 11:59 AG time.

Yes quite... I can't wait! Can't believe we'll see a Mavless AMW forum

How do you know he is leaving the AMW?
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

How do you know he is leaving the AMW?

I know a guy....

Lies, not until 11:59 AG time.

Y I No right!?!?
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

I know a guy too. He mentioned it in this post. Well, that is, he won't be judging anymore. Iduno about leaving completely.

He's mentioned to me that he won't be posting in his writing thread no more, that he was done with AMW regularly
wwe123
wwe123
5 posts
Nomad

Who cares for a pond.
A sad dark evil black pond.
And I am not emo.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Note: I am ceasing to be judge because of personal reasons, one of which is the amount of school work I am currently facing. As for my writing thread, I will still update it. I may have mispoken, or been feeling rather down when I claimed that I was abandoning the AMW. While I certainly won't be here as often, I will still be here. As for my thread, it too will not be updated as regularly. Coupled with time constraints, and a sudden lack of any inspiration. I hope this clarifies any questions, and puts to rest any budding conspiracies.

And I am not emo.

And/I/am/not/e/mo (6)

This line has six sylabuls, and thus does not follow proper haiku form. Please fix this, or else your haiku won't be judged this round.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Entries are currently closed Graham, you'll have to wait for the next one.

Mis-perceived 'closes tomorrow' and Due: October 4th, as October 4th is the last day.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Leaves falling from trees
Bright greens turn an amber brown
The nature of Fall

Oblitr8
Oblitr8
162 posts
Nomad

please consider my first haiku life, not for the contest but for the position