ForumsGamesFallout 3

61 8586
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Just bought it about a month ago, as well as Point Lookout and Broken Steel. Anyone here own it? If so, tell me what you think. Favorite weapons? Best DLCs? Know any cool hidden things? My favorite weapon is a toss up between the Backwater Rifle and the Alien Blaster. The Backwater Rifle is essentially Lincoln's Rifle on 10mms. Unfortunately, you can only get it from Point Lookout, and The Alien Blasters sheer firepower makes up for the rarity of the ammo. The Terrible Shotgun is pretty useful too.

• 61 Replies
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Great game, but haven't bought the expansions and probably never will. Favorite weapon? I don't know. They all seem to run out of ammo way to quickly, or break. But my favorite would have to be the alien blaster. Nerdy and stupid looking, but unbelievably powerful.

muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

yeah i like fallout 3 , the only 2 dlc packs i ahve are point lookout and broken steel at the moment ( operationg anchorage looks rubbish and pitt doesnt look goo enough for me to get, might get the new one though)

i think for the actual added content my favourite would be point lookout because even at lvl 30 with a ton of guns and at least 75+dr at all times its still pretty challenging.
i didnt really enjoy the broken steel quests that much but the lvl 30 cap was just brilliant.

my favourate weapon would either be alien blaster,vengance,heavy incinerator and the duoble barreled shotgun. vegnace because it minces practically everything except behemoths
alien blaster is beautiful but the ammounts extremly hard to find
and the double barreled shotgun because i just love running up to a raider and blasting his brains out point-blank with a double barreled shotgun.
the tesla cannon is also a pretty sweet weapon for shooting enclave right out of the sky

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head there. It's worth keeping in your inventory, for sure. Heres a neat trick. Once you get the Blaster and some ammo, head to Fort Independence and talk to the man outside the building. He'll give you 11 Stimpacks for every 12 Power Cells, and 20 for the Blaster. Give him everything, then shoot him and get it all back. If you play your cards right, you can get over 400 Stimpacks, for free. Just be ready to fight your way out, 'cause the other Outcasts won't be happy.

muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

iv heard that if you give the balster to him then pickpocket it back from him its at 100% condition, problem is whenever i try and get it back he catches me even though i have 87 sneak and i wear a stealth boy while trying.

it would have been nice if you were able to buy alien power cells but it was rare and expensive ( something like 180 caps for a cell) because now im level 30 theres nothing to spend my caps on except stimpacks and ammo and even then my guns would break before im down to 80% ammo and i have almost 1,400 stimpacks

RUiiN3D
RUiiN3D
117 posts
Nomad

A3-21 Plasma Rifle + t51-B Power Armor + 100 Energy Weapons = One shot kill on Deathclaws and 4 shot kills on Albino Rad Scorpions

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, that's right about the pickpocketing, but killing him is just as good. And that's pretty sweet about the Plasma Rifle/T51.

TheAntiHero412
TheAntiHero412
165 posts
Nomad

My fave DLC is Mothership Zeta and just about every weapon on that ship is my fave wep, favorite armor is the armor u get from the Anchorage DLC, if you dont have that, just about any power armor is awsome

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, Mothership Zeta looks pretty sweet, but I hear the Drone Cannon or whatever is annoyingly difficult to land a hit with. Judging from gameplay vids, I'd have to agree. The projectile just sorta runs around on walls for a while. The Outcast Armor is awesome looking, but terrible when you look at the stats. Probably the most useless weapon is the Experimental MIRV. It weighs a ridicolous amount, uses up way to much of a rare ammo, and has no practical application. Not to mention splash damage and firing range seem to gaurantee you cripple yourself firing it. It's best stat is it's resale value, over 1000 caps in good condition.

BladeCrisis
BladeCrisis
22 posts
Nomad

My Favorite Weapon Would Be The Lincoln Reapeter, or the Guass Rifle From The Operation Anchorage DLC.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Lincoln's Repeater is a great gun, yeah. I used it for the majority of the campaign, despite the rarity of .44 rounds. If you ever get Point Lookout, keep an eye out for the Backwater Rifle. It's exactly the same as the Repeater, but uses 10mm rounds instead. Just buy plenty of Lever Action Rifles, because they're not in the Capitol Wasteland, and you need them to repair the Backwater Rifle. Of course, you could just get a merchant to do it, or use Alien Epoxy from Mothership Zeta.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

it would have been nice if you were able to buy alien power cells but it was rare and expensive ( something like 180 caps for a cell) because now im level 30 theres nothing to spend my caps on except stimpacks and ammo and even then my guns would break before im down to 80% ammo and i have almost 1,400 stimpacks

you do know you can repair your guns with other same kinds of that gun (like 2 alien disentegrators) by pressing Y or triangle while highlighting them in the weapons menu of the Pip-Boy?

My favorite weapon? My Ol' Huntin' rifle. nothing works better.

Fav. Armor? Telsa Enclave (didnt get any dlc yet....)

Secrets....: if one keeps going south of megaton, one will find Andale. Just make sure to look around for a bit...and have a high speech...

In the far west, Canterbury Commons is having disputes with the (ahem) AntAgonizer and...the Mechanic....pick a side and fight the good fight children!
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I use whatever I can find out in the Wastes, because I'm usually too lazy to go back to the hollowed out rock where I store all my stuff :P

But I always keep Harken's Plasma Rifle with me. 'S my best friend :3
Well, either that, or the repellent stick. It's just so fun watching the molerat's heads explode.
The DLC's I have are Op. Anchorage, Broken Steel, and The Pitt. Only played Anchorage, so far, though. Haven't got much time on my hands, recently.

TheAntiHero412
TheAntiHero412
165 posts
Nomad

Florglee2- There is a rare version of the weap that explodes on contact, its pretty awsome

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Oh yeah? Huh, sounds actually pretty useful. I just bought Mothership Zeta yesterday, so I'll go check it out. Zeta's best aspect is the insane amount of useful items and things. Epoxy is probably the best item, because it removes the need for 50 pounds worth of backup weapons for repair. With Adapted Biogel and 100 Medicine, they'll heal 150HP each. The Disentigrater and Atomizer are both very useful weapons, and even if it's hard to use, the Drone Cannon sells for over 1000 caps each, (most valuable enemy drop?) and even the Squid/Worm food is useful because it's weightless. My only complaint is that the Blaster lookalike Captain's Sidearm is nowhere near as great as I thought it would be.

RUiiN3D
RUiiN3D
117 posts
Nomad

My god, Zeta was so annoying. I'm good at the game, and I'm a level 29 running around in100% T-51B Armor with around 300 Stimpaks and 100 Energy Weapons, and I'm getting tore up by the Aliens.

They were so annoying to kill. My favorite is Broken Steel though. Poor Liberty Prime!

Showing 1-15 of 61