ForumsGamesFallout 3

61 8588
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Just bought it about a month ago, as well as Point Lookout and Broken Steel. Anyone here own it? If so, tell me what you think. Favorite weapons? Best DLCs? Know any cool hidden things? My favorite weapon is a toss up between the Backwater Rifle and the Alien Blaster. The Backwater Rifle is essentially Lincoln's Rifle on 10mms. Unfortunately, you can only get it from Point Lookout, and The Alien Blasters sheer firepower makes up for the rarity of the ammo. The Terrible Shotgun is pretty useful too.

• 61 Replies
RUiiN3D
RUiiN3D
117 posts
Nomad

muffinman, I usually keep money at my house just incase I actually decide to buy some random things and waste all the caps I have.

muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

i think fallout 3 is a pretty underapreciated game, mainly because it is more focused on open gameplay and choices rather than sheer action, its not hard to find a copy of fallout 3 for less than £20 these days yet stores frequently charge £35+ for games like halo that have literally been out for at least 6 months before fallout.

tomthesniper
tomthesniper
309 posts
Nomad

Fallout 3 is a good game. 'Nuff said.

HALO SUCKS!

Draconigena
Draconigena
102 posts
Nomad

I agree that Fallout 3 is a great game. Good visuals, huge world etc, but for whatever reason I got bored of it after a few hours. I had exactly the same problem with Oblivion, I play for awhile, it's really fun, then i get bored.So I turn cheats on and it's still fun, but not as fun, then I get bored again and never play it. I really don't know why. I think it might be that the game is to open world. The begging is very linear, then your just chucked out in the middle of nowhere with clear objectives. For me, without a clear goal in the game it only interests me as long as the gameplay does. Sorry if i contradict myself but I explained it as best as I could.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I agree that Fallout 3 is a great game. Good visuals, huge world etc, but for whatever reason I got bored of it after a few hours. I had exactly the same problem with Oblivion, I play for awhile, it's really fun, then i get bored.So I turn cheats on and it's still fun, but not as fun, then I get bored again and never play it. I really don't know why. I think it might be that the game is to open world. The begging is very linear, then your just chucked out in the middle of nowhere with clear objectives. For me, without a clear goal in the game it only interests me as long as the gameplay does. Sorry if i contradict myself but I explained it as best as I could.

That makes perfect sense, but it also illustrates the fact that Fallout isn't really for everyone. Not getting mad at you, just showing that not anyone should run to Wal-Mart for it, ASAP.
muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

the games not for everyone just like not everyobdy likes guitar hero.

without a clear goal in the game it only interests me as long as the gameplay does.

i sometimes find that happening to me , i i dint really find it that bad with fallout 3 since when i get bored i just go exploring for loot or looking for items,
i noticed it a little when i first started playing oblivion but once you get a few quests its not really a huge problem
Betto
Betto
38 posts
Nomad

Lincoln's repeater, tesla cannon and gauss rifle are my favourites, I just like deathclaw hunting with them...

Lubberwort
Lubberwort
3 posts
Nomad

The best armor is the winterized t51b power armor (high dr and takes forever to degrade)

bengalspb328
bengalspb328
2 posts
Nomad

Fallout is amazing. i still havn't tried the DLC. Which one is the best?

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Fallout is amazing. i still havn't tried the DLC. Which one is the best?

Well, I've played most of 'em, and read up on all the others, and I can tell you theres no definitive answer. It depends on what you want from it. Point Lookout provides a whole new area to play, so for expansion, it's the best. Mothership Zeta provides tons of useful stuff, (essentially every item you'll find on the ship is awesome loot.) so for items, it's the best. Operation Anchorage and the Pitt both provide a medium level of all the aspects, so you get a bit of everything from them. And Broken Steels level cap raise is enough to make it the one I suggest you buy first.

The best armor is the winterized t51b power armor (high dr and takes forever to degrade)

Got to agree. I haven't used it yet, (I have yet to buy OA...) but I read up on it, and it sounds pretty nice.
simvader
simvader
16 posts
Nomad

A great game, still playing after 4 months, which is very rare with me :P

chocolateeggos
chocolateeggos
50 posts
Nomad

the rock-it is my favorite although i dont own the game i rented it from a friend for about 3 weeks

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

the rock-it is my favorite although i dont own the game i rented it from a friend for about 3 weeks

Rock-It is pretty cool, actually. A real useful tool for when you're right about screwed, XD
iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

I've played Fallout 3 maybe once before. It was soo... addicting. I couldn't buy it because A)I don't have a 360/PS3 and B)Parents wouldn't allow. My favorite gun was that rocket launcher taht lets you put whatever you want in it to be ammo. Shot a teddy bear at a guy. It was hilarious.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

whenever I hear fallout I think of this crappy little flash game from about 6 years ago that has nothing to do with shooting or violence.

Showing 46-60 of 61