ForumsGamesFallout 3

61 8709
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Just bought it about a month ago, as well as Point Lookout and Broken Steel. Anyone here own it? If so, tell me what you think. Favorite weapons? Best DLCs? Know any cool hidden things? My favorite weapon is a toss up between the Backwater Rifle and the Alien Blaster. The Backwater Rifle is essentially Lincoln's Rifle on 10mms. Unfortunately, you can only get it from Point Lookout, and The Alien Blasters sheer firepower makes up for the rarity of the ammo. The Terrible Shotgun is pretty useful too.

• 61 Replies
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Prime does get f'd up pretty bad in Broken Steel. And yeah, the aliens with that with glowing stuff around them can really take a beating, (as well as give one!) the best thing for them is an Alien Blaster with plenty of power cells. And the Grim Reaper's Sprint perk doesn't hurt either.

RUiiN3D
RUiiN3D
117 posts
Nomad

That perk saves my tail all the time. Like when I decide to go raid Fort Bannister I made it out of there because of that Perk.

x51
x51
65 posts
Nomad

I have the game and its awsome. My fav DLC would be point lookout and my fav wepeon is the backwater rifle(sorta like lincolns repeater but uses 10mm ammo.) =)

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

My god, Zeta was so annoying. I'm good at the game, and I'm a level 29 running around in100% T-51B Armor with around 300 Stimpaks and 100 Energy Weapons, and I'm getting tore up by the Aliens.

Dude...my brother played the DLC at Lvl 3 and beat it.... each of the aliens took one hit to kill...
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Dude...my brother played the DLC at Lvl 3 and beat it.... each of the aliens took one hit to kill...

I had a look at the wiki, and at lvl 3, no matter what your SPECIAL set, perks, or stats, you would be 1 hit killed by Aliens. Of course, the game tailor made the DLCs s enemies would be weaker or stronger depending on your level, so at lvl 3, I would imagine the DLC would have been a cakewalk.

Flag
I have the game and its awsome. My fav DLC would be point lookout and my fav wepeon is the backwater rifle(sorta like lincolns repeater but uses 10mm ammo.) =)

My thoughts exactly. I always carry the Backwater and about 5 Lever-Action Rifles for repair purposes. Any weapon that can deliver over 50 DAM with a round that come 36 at a time is amazing.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

Of course, the game tailor made the DLCs s enemies would be weaker or stronger depending on your level, so at lvl 3, I would imagine the DLC would have been a cakewalk.

that actually makes sense... i half thought that actually after i posted.
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it's a fancy bit of tech that would've been the centerpeice of any other game, but Bethesda barely mentioned it. Not only is level taken into account, but so is SPECIAL, stats, perks, accuracy, kill count, VATS usage, and preffered weaponry. Depending on your statistics, enemies will be spawn differently, take more or less shots to kill, drop more or less loot, and even have different variations spawning. (EG. Masters never spawn until I think level 10)

muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

you do know you can repair your guns with other same kinds of that gun (like 2 alien disentegrators) by pressing Y or triangle while highlighting them in the weapons menu of the Pip-Boy?

im trying to point out that by lvl 30 you get 2 many caps to spend when your selling stuff to shops eg i buy every stimpack and ammo i use and wepons for spare parts then before i deal i sell them stuff till they run outa caps, and even then i have to go round craterside supply,all the caravans,moriartys,jeni stall,brotherhood of steel person in the armoury,lamplight caverns,the megaton doctor,rivet city doctor,rivet city market ( all the traders) before i manage to sell all the stuff i have.
(i store it till i have 2 inventories of crap then i go round selling it all)

by me doing that i have ended up with ridiculous ammounts of ammo. when i said that earlier i meant that if i practically went out exploring with my guns all of them would break before i got anywhere near the end of my ammo.

practically whos gona carry around spare for all thier guns( especially since several of my weapons are big guns)

besides collecting all the bobbleheads is there anything you guyz would suggest i do because iv done pretty much everything except discover every location.
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

besides collecting all the bobbleheads is there anything you guyz would suggest i do because iv done pretty much everything except discover every location.

Yeah, look for unique weapons. Almost every weapon has a unique counterpart with higher stats than the original and/ or a different effect. Lincoln's Repeater is a unique Hunting Rifle, the Experimental MIRV is an experimental Fat Man, The Terrible Shotgun is a unique Combat Shotgun, and Vengeance is a unique Gatling Laser. You can find out more at the Fallout 3 wiki. All green weapon names in the weapon list are unique weapons.
muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

kwl good idea i might aswell find all the unique weapons ( iv dound most such as vengance, lincolns repeater, wazer wifle, etc)
does anybody know where the explosives and small guns bobleheads are? those are the only two i havent found yet

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Small Guns is in the National Guard Depot Armory, just loook on the shelf to your right when you enter... And I've found Explosives, just can't seem to remember where. The Fallout wiki has a Bobblehead list, just google it.

muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

k thanks , to be honest i think the lvl 30 cap is rather insane, if you have 10 intelligence you get practically ever skill maxed and with the 10 extra perks its almost impossible to really waste them.that and the fact that after lvl 20 fawkes and dogmeat get practically indestructable

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I've had Dogmeat rip a hole in a Master with not so much as a scratch after level 25. I don't really bother with Fawkes, he gives away your position and exposes himself to fire too often. I'd love to see a level 40 addition, but I know it's not in the cards. Then again, Bethesda said Zeta would be the last DLC a few weeks ago, but now they say "never say never"...

Drakedurbin
Drakedurbin
200 posts
Nomad

I have the game, but not the expansions. I have no intrest in them. My favorite gun would have to be the Fat Boy. And if you're really friggen evil, gettin ammo for it isn't very hard. If you're good, them you're better off with a Plasma Rifle or an Alien Blaster. And nice strategy, muffinman. I'm surprised that I actually thought of that as well when I was playing through the first time as evil. I can't wait 'til Fallout 4, which they are going to make. I just wish they'd stop with the expansions and get on with the series.

RUiiN3D
RUiiN3D
117 posts
Nomad

Haha, Fat Boy ain't nothin' on my Experimental MIRV. It's got to be the greatest thing to play with when you're bored.

And, Zeta was the last expansion. They confirmed it.

Fawkes is with me EVERYWHERE I go. I always have him with me, just incase my shots don't kill them. Which, when you get to Lvl 30 and are facing Overlords on every corner, he comes in very handy.

Showing 16-30 of 61