ForumsGamesFallout 3

61 8707
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Just bought it about a month ago, as well as Point Lookout and Broken Steel. Anyone here own it? If so, tell me what you think. Favorite weapons? Best DLCs? Know any cool hidden things? My favorite weapon is a toss up between the Backwater Rifle and the Alien Blaster. The Backwater Rifle is essentially Lincoln's Rifle on 10mms. Unfortunately, you can only get it from Point Lookout, and The Alien Blasters sheer firepower makes up for the rarity of the ammo. The Terrible Shotgun is pretty useful too.

• 61 Replies
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Fawkes is with me EVERYWHERE I go. I always have him with me, just incase my shots don't kill them. Which, when you get to Lvl 30 and are facing Overlords on every corner, he comes in very handy.

It's true, an Overlord and two masters together equal way harder fight than anything else I've seen, (and that seems to be the usual setup) but Fawkes can get pretty annoying when you're trying to sneak around a raider camp and get some sweet kills, and then he flies over the hill with that Gatling Laser of his sounding off like the 4th of July.

I'd like to like the MIRV, but the fact it wastes 8 Mini Nukes per shot, and almost always kills or cripples you, is pretty annoying. I'd like to be able to change the number it fires to something more conservative...
muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

have the game, but not the expansions. I have no intrest in them

howcome you dont like the expansions so much?

yeah iv noticed a lot of overlords when im just walking around a lot , once you have the best weapon in that gun class and 100 in the skill your damage is prettymuch capped, but the enemies just keep getting tougher and tougher even when your damage is prettymuch maxed out

Haha, Fat Boy ain't nothin' on my Experimental MIRV. It's got to be the greatest thing to play with when you're bored.

to be honest even the fatman is impractically at like 200-300caps per shot, only thing possibly worth using it on would be a behemoth so i never get more than 5 mini nkues on a playthrough if i find some i usually sell em.
but with the mirv thats like 2k+caps worth of ammo in a single shot, not to mention it wieghs a ton: hardly a practical weapon.
pikor
pikor
11 posts
Peasant

I played it once without solution, it took me 6 days and I love this game. I was just snipping around, heavy weapons are not necessary, i was only feared of deathclaws

Funny thing is that is possible to end fallout without any violence (but your friends may use violence )

Superreddevil
Superreddevil
26 posts
Nomad

RAGE will put FO3 in the grave :P

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

RAGE will put FO3 in the grave :P

Spam and flame all in one, nice. To be honest though, if you wanna talk about that game, make your own thread on it. This is a Fallout 3 thread, not a RAGE thread.

I was just snipping around, heavy weapons are not necessary, i was only feared of deathclaws

Yeah, theres tons of small weapons and energy weapons that deal way more damage, with fewer ammo used and less weight. Even deathclaws hit the floor if you have Lincoln's Repeater, the Alien Blaster, A3-21's Plasma Rifle, or the Terrible Shotgun. And all of those are under 10 pounds, with relatively common ammo. (Even the Blaster has plenty, if you keep an eye out.)
muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

ven the Blaster has plenty, if you keep an eye out.)
id does if you have the perk that puts more ammo in crates ( i think its scrounger)

tbh id rather go with vengance for anything big cos i never wana waste my alien blaster ammo( i end up hording loads cos i rarley use it) i sold the terrible shotgun ( i hated it , i found even a regular shotgun or a double barreled shotgun to be much more effective) and lincolns repeater doesnt do a whole lot once your lvl 30 with random encounters frequently having 2 giant albino radscorpions, 2 deathclaws or a overlord and a couple of masters
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

id does if you have the perk that puts more ammo in crates ( i think its scrounger)

Scrounger it is. And yeah, that perk will mean the difference between 2 and 122 rounds for the Blaster.

tbh id rather go with vengance for anything big

Well, EC packs are pretty common, and the gun just looks cool when firing, so I can understand that. =)

never wana waste my alien blaster ammo( i end up hording loads cos i rarley use it)

Me too. Looks like we both suffer from PCH Syndrome. (Power Cell Hoarding Syndrome)

i sold the terrible shotgun ( i hated it , i found even a regular shotgun or a double barreled shotgun to be much more effective)

When fully repaired, it has a DAM of 85, but I can understand swapping that for a Double Barreled, I just didn't like DB because of it's two-shot-wasted deal and the constant reloads. Still a good gun though, and when you got 2000 shells, who cares about 2 at a time?

and lincolns repeater doesnt do a whole lot once your lvl 30 with random encounters frequently having 2 giant albino radscorpions, 2 deathclaws or a overlord and a couple of masters

True, but I still love the 'ing' sound effect it makes in VATS.
muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

True, but I still love the 'ing' sound effect it makes in VATS.

lol i know what you mean
i think that im so much worse with my alien blaster ammo because i only read about scrounger when the last place with alien blaster ammo left was the fort the outcasts base themselves in ( so i have something like a measily 150 power cells 200 at the most)
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

lol i know what you mean
i think that im so much worse with my alien blaster ammo because i only read about scrounger when the last place with alien blaster ammo left was the fort the outcasts base themselves in ( so i have something like a measily 150 power cells 200 at the most)

Yeah? With all DLC's and the Scrounger perk, it's possible to collect 2 Blasters and over 1,250 Power Cells.
poopydoopy
poopydoopy
132 posts
Nomad

i have heard about fallout3 i just dont know what it is:P

RUiiN3D
RUiiN3D
117 posts
Nomad

My Alien Blaster never leaves my house.
I have an endless amount of MF Cells, and around 50 Plasma Rifles. So I can always manage myself without it.

I'm not really the person to sneak around, considering any of the weapons I use does considerable damage to almost anything.

Caps aren't even a problem for me, I usually have around 10000 on me, and around 15000 at my house. I'm such a scavanger that everywhere I went I found anything and everything I could sell. Which is why I have endless amounts of ammo at my house.

muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

usually have around 10000 on me, and around 15000 at my house.
well its a bit pointless storing them in your house since they wiegh nothing and its impossiblke to lose em

Yeah? With all DLC's and the Scrounger perk, it's possible to collect 2 Blasters and over 1,250 Power Cells.

i did manage to get the 2nd blaster from broken steel but i only got the scrounger perk for the one or two ammo boxes in the fort the outcatss are based in , i didnt know scrounger also affected alien power cells , otherwise i would have gotten it before i went looking for the ammo i could find for it
CerealkillerX
CerealkillerX
237 posts
Nomad

as long as i have 100 repair, im all happy

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

have heard about fallout3 i just dont know what it is:P

Fallout 3 is a post-apocalyptic roel-playing free roam game set in first person. For more info, check out the Fallout 3 Wiki.

I'm not really the person to sneak around, considering any of the weapons I use does considerable damage to almost anything.

The Sneak stat isn't so much there for sneaky silent kills, more to provide an alternative to killing someone for their stuff that doesn't involve...killing them. Example: Protector Casdin gives players tons of Stimpaks, Frags, 556 rounds, and Rad Aways for items like Enclave Gear, Energy Weapons, and Scrap Metal. If you got that stuff back from him, you could re-sell it for more items, but not if you had to kill the guy to get it.

as long as i have 100 repair, im all happy

It is a very valuable stat to have. Just by repairing busted up gear and selling it, you can make thousands of caps from every excursion you make.
Raff
Raff
20 posts
Jester

The alien blaster is awesome, I think.....

Showing 31-45 of 61