ForumsGamesColony Version 2.0

318 100738
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi all!

We've updating Colony to version 2.0 right now. Here will be the changes in the update:

New Buildings and Units

With the war in Athenia still raging on, all the governments have been pushed to develop new technologies. As casualties pile up, the Hospitals have been forced to upgrade into War Sanctums to cope with the number of bodies being rushed into Emergency Care every hour.

The Saint watches over the sky and proves a fearsome guardian over the city. New Far-Range sniper rifles have been developed to siege enemy forces from a great distance. The prototype android, A27-Pride is now in mass production to provide support fire.

New Game Mechanics

The game should run a little bit smoother now, and allow you to reach up to Rank 10 on multiplayer. A lot of rebalancing has been done on existing units, especially the Sakata and the Groditz. You can also now double click a unit to select all units of that type.

More Coming Soon!

I'm still working on an anti hack system, and the Fox server has been programmed into the game (we just don't have the server yet). Expect there to be a string of smaller updates throughout this week as we put in additional features little by little

Krin

• 318 Replies
Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

@Rysin: the saint isn't hospital-related at all, but there it is... but if any new hospital air units have to be hospital related, then why not have an air unit that is kinda the opposite of a black queen? It has basic anti-air capabilities, but every 12 seconds, can launch a "healing force" at the closest (allied) ground units, doing splash healing? The 12 second cooldown would balance the fact that it can heal multiple units at once...

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

It could be called a "white queen".

Do you get what I mean about the splash healing?

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

Well, you have a point Fire, but still I don't think that's good enough.

What?! You're not happy with 4/3 / 12/9 / (12/7.2 for capitalist) ratio
?! That pwns Armory! That's more than 1 manpower per second!

I use it in my endgame ground build: arsenal, sanctum, armory, armory.

@Meta - Sounds good, but what unit are you gonna use it with? BQs? Personally, if it's gonna do a splash heal, then it's my air-unit heal argument all over again. :/
Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

Like I was saying, the splash heal effect could only be used on ground units, just as the black queen's bombs can only be used on ground units... and it would only heal as much as a regular medic's heal to each unit...

What do you mean by "what am I going to use it with"?

Rysin
Rysin
543 posts
Nomad

Usually I don't have a Manpowered Build, so that would probaly explain why I find the War Santumn isn't that good.

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

I mis-interpreted the "splash heal." I thought you meant something like a sudden healing aura would envelope nearby air units, healing them a portion. I didn't know you meant ground units. That, I'm totally fine with. Disregard my previous comment.

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

Ah.
I actually think the white queen could be implemented...
I'm currently thinking of more air units...

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

We need some random jets. No, what we really need is a random lake in the middle of the battle field and SUBMARINES, WAR GALLEYS, and BATTLE CRUISERS!

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

How about a transport army helicopter-type ship that has AA only and <insert weak stats here>, but when it exploded, five or so marines would parachute down to the ground? It would cost just as much as the five marines, plus some money and energy.

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

About the water-based units: there could be a whole other plane in the background, just behind the actual one, where one could deploy boats and possibly aircraft carriers... that would be a good building to put in the empty slot next to special ops.

Or were you being sarcastic?

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

I was being entirely sarcastic, hence the capitals. xD

It's okay though.

I'm not really liking the army convoy. I'd rather just pump 5 marines. It's less complicated and costs less as well. Lol. Plus, I very very rarely use marines anyways. I leave the scouts and phantoms to my brother's mk2s.

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

Fine. But if you DID use marines, it'd be a faster way to get units onto the field: the carrier, carrying 5 marines, takes less time to build than 5 marines themselves. Just wait for the carrier to die, damaging its opponent a little before that, and VOILA! you just saved time in deploying 5 marines!

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

I suppose, though 5 marines still only takes about 5 seconds to deploy. I'm going to sleep, see you tomorrow. Give me more ideas to bash! (j/k) :P

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

K, sleep well.

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

I think they should raise the attack of the mk2 spider.

and also make marines better, like give em machine guns
cause they are to weak.

maybe make it so its 3 on 3 instead of 2 on 2, cause i want to be able to play with my friends without beating them up

what about hover marines, that would be under influence

Showing 76-90 of 318