ForumsGamesColony Version 2.0

318 100740
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi all!

We've updating Colony to version 2.0 right now. Here will be the changes in the update:

New Buildings and Units

With the war in Athenia still raging on, all the governments have been pushed to develop new technologies. As casualties pile up, the Hospitals have been forced to upgrade into War Sanctums to cope with the number of bodies being rushed into Emergency Care every hour.

The Saint watches over the sky and proves a fearsome guardian over the city. New Far-Range sniper rifles have been developed to siege enemy forces from a great distance. The prototype android, A27-Pride is now in mass production to provide support fire.

New Game Mechanics

The game should run a little bit smoother now, and allow you to reach up to Rank 10 on multiplayer. A lot of rebalancing has been done on existing units, especially the Sakata and the Groditz. You can also now double click a unit to select all units of that type.

More Coming Soon!

I'm still working on an anti hack system, and the Fox server has been programmed into the game (we just don't have the server yet). Expect there to be a string of smaller updates throughout this week as we put in additional features little by little

Krin

• 318 Replies
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

Okay, because I can't resist bashing:

Raising the attack on the MK2? No, that would make air units virtually useless. 100 Scouts would be stopped by a single mk2 hit (or 2 depending on splash radius). BQ's would die faster than they already do from a mass of 8 (which is quite large already).

Give Marines machine guns? Meh, sure why not. More like: give them TWO rpgs so they don't fire so damn slowly.

Instead of 3v3 hectic-ness, make it so that 1v1s can control all 8 build platforms instead of 4, which is severely limiting if you want to do both ground and air, though I still excel in this area despite the limitations. ;D

G'night.

Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

How the heck would you have hover marines? Ingrain hover tech into their spines?

The marines are supposed to be weak, they are cheap and expendable units.

This game isn't about making every unit equal, there must be weaker but cheaper units to use when low on resources, and stronger but more expensive units to use when given a lot of time and resources.

The 3 on 3 idea is actually a good one, but I'm thinking LAG.

Or, the possibility of someone being able to control both halves of their base? that would make a 1-on-2 a bit more fair.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The 3 on 3 idea is actually a good one, but I'm thinking LAG.

Unit cap! And that is all I gotta say. Oh and there is a thread specifically for creating new units and buildings...to tired to link it, but you could use my ColonyIndex on my profile.

And my one suggestion, RAISE THE INFLUENCE CAP TO 999!
sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

the mk2 are the ground 2 ground ones and maybe just make they're range better

1 on 1 controling all 8 platforms
unfair cause if someone want to do missles they can have 4 treasuries and 3 solar plants

way unfair

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

Unit cap!
i like this idea!
Meta_Knight
Meta_Knight
58 posts
Nomad

I was thinking more along the lines of the player can control all 8 squares, but each set of 4 squares has its own resources and cannot share, just like in the real game of 4 players...

I'm sorry, I believe the sakata MK-II class is the anti-air type...
The sakatas that can only attack ground are called sakata spiders.

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

oh well in that case yeah

i thought it was the anti air ones that are called sakata spiders and the ground ones are called mk2

wwiifan
wwiifan
272 posts
Nomad

Yeah. the ground ones need a bit more hp. but thats when the modified one is really good. I agree that the influence cap should be 999, if not infinite.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

We should be able to do a 1 vs 1 vs 1 for more variety, actually.

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

You already can control 2 sets of four squares; it's called having 2 accounts in 2 browsers. I've tried it, it's hella hard fighting against 2 people while trying to manage air on one screen and land on another. Having 2 different economies going on at the same time really -expletive- you up. :[

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

1v1v1 would be weird...

Either 2 people walk past another guy's base attacking each other, or a triangle shapeish, which although works in Starcraft, won't work here...unless the battlefield is totally revamped and we have our second demension (colony is pretty much 1D...)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, triangle.
Would require more strategy because you could send your units to either.
But, there's the problem with teaming up...

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

lalala, it'd probably turn into a triangle type shape, where you must decided where to place your units; either spawn them on the left path, or the right path (w/e paths are attached to your base based on your perspective).

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, I suggested this idea and I've already pictured it in my head, lol.

Ephemeral
Ephemeral
88 posts
Peasant

I claim no credit -- I typed this at 8:07, but refreshed and posted it at 8:08.

Showing 91-105 of 318