ForumsGamesModern Warfare 2

1600 264761
FlyinHawaiin
FlyinHawaiin
111 posts
Nomad

This thread is for anything related to Modern Warfare 2. Post your classes, reviews, glitches you found,random talk about the game, or anything else. Although if you wanna talk about, and see other peoples tactics/strategys for playing MW2, then go here: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/4811627/mw2-your-best-tactics-in-free-for-all because I don't want to repeat a topic.

• 1,600 Replies
SwordlessLink
SwordlessLink
41 posts
Nomad

Ah, that's kinda cool, I guess. Seems like it's only good for a short Kamikaze run, seeing as a regular kill serves as a more practical means of getting kills.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Ah, that's kinda cool, I guess. Seems like it's only good for a short Kamikaze run, seeing as a regular kill serves as a more practical means of getting kills.

Thing is, the blast radius on it was massive. I never did it, but from going up against people, especially on domination, I reckon maintaining a 2+ KD ratio would be fairly easy if you had the right perks on.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

The game is fun, but...well...there is something like "too much graphic" and i can't see anything :O

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I hate how if you back out of a lobby, and try and join another game, it puts you in the same lobby.
That happened to me 3 times in a row. I ended up waiting a few minutes so that the game wouldn't put me in the same damn lobby 4 times.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I',m starting to use the UMP 45 a lot now. I got 3 AC130's with it today.

Nice. Try it silenced. Its really good
Duan
Duan
17 posts
Nomad

hey just wondering what you guy fav maps

Duan
Duan
17 posts
Nomad

mine are scrapyard and wasteland

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

mine are scrapyard and wasteland

just posted beast scores a couple of days ago on those 2 maps

62-3 and 53-4

with a spas only on scrapyard and a barret on wasteland....
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I tried the silencer but it reduces the range of it by like half. So you know that big long stretch on quarry towards the back? I can't kill anyone from that far away.

Really? If you try fireing it on semi-auto you will probably be able to. I know what your talking about, and I can say I've taken out snipers from much further away with a silenced UMP... The silencer also takes away some recoil, so I actually found it easier.

And nice match DDX! 62-3 is really impressive!
Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

I thought everything had infinite range, just because I could shoot right of sub-base with a pistol, but I suppose that's not true. :S

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

Uhhhhh, lolwut? My post appeared on Page 56? Strange. O_o

And (now that I have a legitimate reason for DP), 62 - 3 is insanely impressive, but consoles get Aim Assistance or whatever the hell it is right? For example, your gun kind of follows them as they move?

nickthepwn
nickthepwn
130 posts
Nomad

Here's a class you want for running around Knifing:

Insert Submachine Gun
Insert Handgun
Equipment: I prefer smoke grenades
Perk 1:Marathon
Perk 2: Lightweight
Perk 3: Commando
Deathstreak: Doesn't matter (Just don't pick last stand!)

Sniping:
Sniper (duh)
A Machine pistol or akimbo (holding two) shotguns
Equipment: Any
Perk 1: Sleight of Hand pro
Perk 2: Cold-Blooded Pro
Perk 3: Steady Aim Pro
Deathstreak: I prefer Martyrdom, since most kills will be close-range from behind.

Tips:
1. Assault Rifles + Thermal Sight = BAD
2. Sniper Rifles + Thermal Sight = GOOD
3. I recommend having an akimbo weapons class, just don't use it too often. For instance, if you like to play on free-for-all, get an akimbo set. If you like to play ground war, don't. Use this set for small maps.
4.Hardline Pro is a good combination with akimbo weapons, considering you already have enough firepower so you don't neccesarily need Stopping Power.
5. Riot Shield is a good main weapon for Domination, Sabotage, and Headquarters.
6. Using your knifing class can be useful in capture the flag, but sometimes it's just best to pop out the good ol' assault rifle.

[BOOSTIN']
Okay for all you people who would like to know how to boost. (Gain kills and exp by killing a friend who is acting guinea pig)

There are a few ways.
[1] Ground War
[2] Free For All
[3] Third Person Cagematch
Those are my preferred methods, depending on who I'm boosting with and how many people I'm boosting with.
[1] GROUND WAR
This method is what you want for the biggest team/less distractions from other players.
As you may know, Ground War either puts you in Team Deathmatch or Domination.
The players are 9v9.
I prefer this method for getting nukes and just high amounts of kills in general. If you want an easy time getting the nuke or lots of kills pick this method. This method can take the longest out of the three.
If you get put in Domination, simply meet up somewhere (I pray you realized to be in Party Chat, or whatever the PS3 group chat version is.) with your booster(s) and boost 'til desired kills/nuke is reached. My friends and I just get multiple AC130's when we're not getting nukes.
If you get Team Deathmatch, you want to be a little more quick about it. Urge your team to go fast. There IS a score limit of 10,000 (100 total kills for one side).
[2] [/b]FREE FOR ALL
Do this for when you want a small map/when you have a small amount of players. This is possible to play with a large amount of players, but meeting up gets very hard then.
Simply do the same as above and boost in a secret location. However, the score limit is smaller, providing for a quicker game if you want each persons' turn to be smaller. Of course for getting the nuke I prefer Ground War, bigger maps, more places to hide.
[2] [b] THIRD PERSON CAGEMATCH

This is for those of you going for a certain style of kill. Such as headshots, C4 kills, AC 130 (sorry, 20 kill limit). This is how to easily master a weapon for it's oh-so-hard bullet penetration kills. This is a 1v1 match.
Do this for specific challenges such as killing someone by shooting their C4. There are no other players to come screaming at your shots.

How To Boost: Basic
Simply have one of your boosting members look for members online. While he is searching, have everyone join his/her game.
If you are not the person benefitting from this particular match and you are getting killed, do not forget to:
A: Pick a Class with Tactical Insertion
B: Do NOT put Martydom on that class.
NOTE: The default class "Scout Sniper" works perfect for boosting, although you may want marathon to run around.

I have gotten the nuke both legitimately and through boosting.

Although nuke is a good way to end the game and get EXP/Global Thermonuclear War, I like to say, "Hey guys, lets just get a bunch of AC 130s, no nukes. Getting 4 AC-130s in one match is a LOT of fun, plus you get your shiny titles/emblems.

My Pref Killstreaks:
Pavelow (9 kills)
AC-130/Chopper Gunner, depending on my mood (11 kills)
Tactical Nuke (25 kills, duh)

You don't HAVE to get this at all! Just make sure your killstreaks go along with what you are doing.
Boosting: NO AIRDROPS! This will reveal your position! The rest doesn't matter, although you probably want a C-G/AC-130 or a nuke, depending on what you want.

My friend legitimately gets the nuke left and right. Here's what he does:

Harrier Strike (7 kills)
AC-130 (11 kills)
Tactical Nuke (25 kills)

He will go around a small map, usually in free for all, and blast away with his akimbo Model 1887s. Then once he gets 7 kills he hides away. Upon getting 11 kills with the help of his Harrier, he uses his AC-130. Then he will usually get the remaining 14 in the AC-130. If he doesn't, he will try and get however few remain.
NOTE: Not everyone can do this!

When I'm not boosting I enjoy:

Filling people up with my ACR
Long romantic walks on the beach
Going to armorgames.com

nickthepwn
nickthepwn
130 posts
Nomad

Dangit, accidentally bolded all of the free-for-all section instead of the free for all title.

silly me >.<

nickthepwn
nickthepwn
130 posts
Nomad

Oh yea and when you're boosting, only kill by knifing and silenced weapons. You won't be there for long if you give away your position!

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

Insert Submachine Gun
Insert Handgun
Equipment: I prefer smoke grenades
Perk 1:Marathon
Perk 2: Lightweight
Perk 3: Commando
Deathstreak: Doesn't matter (Just don't pick last stand!)

I really don't think you should encourage knife running as it will only get the person a bad reputation and I see it as a confession to ones inexperience with aiming. But, since the class is here, I might as well make some suggestions:

The Submachine Gun should either be Vector or UMP. Vector offers a lot of damage and very little recoil, and whilst UMP does jump around manically if you're spraying manually creating a 3 bullet burst (or something like that, just don't hold fire down) is amazing.

For your pistol, most knife runners use the Magnum. It is superior to the USP and M9 in its power, and since half the time you're going to be standing two feet away from your victim accuracy is not that big a problem. Some use Desert Eagle, but just look at the popularity of the Magnum.

For the deathstreak? I'd say Painkiller, just because you're going to be right next to the person half the time, and you're also going to be running into the battlefield a lot. Having 10 seconds of what is practically invisibility is amazing. Martyrdom could also be used, but it would work if you get killed from long range, which is bad!

Sniping:
Sniper (duh)
A Machine pistol or akimbo (holding two) shotguns
Equipment: Any
Perk 1: Sleight of Hand pro
Perk 2: Cold-Blooded Pro
Perk 3: Steady Aim Pro
Deathstreak: I prefer Martyrdom, since most kills will be close-range from behind.

This is also a pretty standard set-up for a sniper. The award for best sniper goes to Intervention because it does instakill on numerous occasions.

Now the secondary is a bit tougher on a sniper because there's more variation in what people use.

Since the nerf on the Akimbo Models, they've stopped being used. Most snipers will use G18 Akimbo just because when you're being shot from behind you need to spray bullets very quickly with ridiculous accuracy. You want something small because the bigger the weapon the longer the switch, and unless you're blind it's obvious that the sniper is a massive weapon, hence why a small secondary is necessary. If you'd rather not use the G18s a small shotgun is perfect. Akimbo Rangers are often used and do pack a punch, and lately I've seen the usage of a single Model, and whilst there is a problem with its fire rate (popping the bullet out of the barrel) it has some scary range individually.

Martyrdom is a must. Many sniper's positions are on slopes since slopes = high places, so a grenade rolling down a hill/staircase is great.

BOOSTIN'

Seriously, don't encourage boosting. That is not good.
Showing 496-510 of 1600