ForumsGamesModern Warfare 2

1600 264864
FlyinHawaiin
FlyinHawaiin
111 posts
Nomad

This thread is for anything related to Modern Warfare 2. Post your classes, reviews, glitches you found,random talk about the game, or anything else. Although if you wanna talk about, and see other peoples tactics/strategys for playing MW2, then go here: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/4811627/mw2-your-best-tactics-in-free-for-all because I don't want to repeat a topic.

• 1,600 Replies
redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

i think the game is awesome but theres these glitches that tick me off, always happens when im on a kill streak

Nhoj
Nhoj
3 posts
Nomad

Where I live, internet is shit, so bad it is too slow to play online. It won't even let me on!!

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

SoSolid, FMJ does not increase damage in anyway at all.

Lol , Yes it does actually but when you put FMJ and Silencer together ,it doesn't do ****.

FMJ COULD in theory only add 1-2 hit damage

Still it increases damage.
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

I love when people think they know what they're talking about by looking at stat bars:

http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) attachment has the same effect as Deep Impact, greatly improving penetration damage through walls and objects.
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

FMJ increases damage, maybe not making a difference on some guns, but i notice it when using a Sniper.

HaKeRiZ
HaKeRiZ
4 posts
Nomad

FMJ does increase damage. I noticed that using sniper too. Intervention - 2 shots torso, Intervention + FMJ - 1 shot.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Ok, I will say this once.

FMJ DOES NOT INCREASE DAMAGE. The Charts are Lies, and have ever since Cod4. The only reason FMJ is shown to add damage on the chart, is because people like you assume that if nothing changes, then nothing happens. the charts do not go in-depth enough to shown bullet penetration, so they must add to another feature of the weapon.

FMJ stands fro Full Metal Jacket, and All it does is decrease damage loss through a surface. No damage is increased. It just makes bullets more powerful then they would be through stuff.

Both the barrett and the Intervention, when coupled with stopping power, can kill in one shot, as long as you don't shoot the arms or legs. If FMJ did add damage, then those guns would be a one shot kill on any part of the body. However, this is not the case.

Ps; I don't mean to sound cocky, but I am a legitimate 8th prestige 70, and I have had 3 full prestige's of only sniping. I would like to believe I am a credible source.

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

No, FMJ does not increase damage at all in any way whatsoever. The damage charts is so wrong IW probably made it that way on purpose. If anything, FMJ COULD in theory only add 1-2 hit damage if any. But, 1-2 hit damage makes no difference on an gun at all through walls or not.

I didn't say anything about whether or not FMJ increases damage. All I said is that the chart says so (which is unarguably true) and that the charts aren't true which I'm presuming you also agree on. Your argument isn't really necessary.

I actually agree that FMJ makes not damage difference when not shooting through thin surfaces. O_o
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

Both the barrett and the Intervention, when coupled with stopping power, can kill in one shot, as long as you don't shoot the arms or legs. If FMJ did add damage, then those guns would be a one shot kill on any part of the body. However, this is not the case.

You're not getting the point here, if you don't have stopping power, FMJ shot changes the amount of damage dealt enough to give a 1 shot kill on some parts of the body using SOME guns. Most guns have enough power but it definitely adds on to it.

OT: FMJ is definitely a more useful attachment than silencer, which basically lessens your gun's abilites. Camping device only.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

The little graphs lie a lot about a lot of guns. I really found the Modern Warfare 2 in Depth series by Drift0r on Machinima very useful. I recommend that you guys check it out.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

You're not getting the point here, if you don't have stopping power, FMJ shot changes the amount of damage dealt enough to give a 1 shot kill on some parts of the body using SOME guns. Most guns have enough power but it definitely adds on to it.

No, it is you who are not getting the point. FMJ does not add damage. srs.
pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Nope, FMJ doesn't add damage. Just look up "FMJ test" on Youtube. A pretty useless attachment overall IMO because the snipers aren't one hit kills with stopping power. I snipe all the time and I've gotten some wrist-cutting wallbang hitmarkers with FMJ. Like a no-scope hitmarker cross map on Rundown and a scope hitmarker on Scrapyard.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

FMJ only adds bullet penetration damage not damage overall...
But on some guns it seems to just because when infinity ward nerfs a gun they nerf the non-fmj version and the fmj version keeps the stats of the original with more bullet penetration
You can disagree but I know I am right through extensive testing
The only gun that the FMJ version was nerfed as well was the Models 1887's because the nerfed the original in one patch and the FMJ in another patch because people used them with FMJ and figured out the my theory is indeed correct...unless IW changed their method for nerfing guns

SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

Well it's still more useful than a silencer, but seriously guys, Heartbeat sensor is da shet.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

lol no shet , it owns at finding people when theres no rader.

Showing 1366-1380 of 1600