ForumsThe Tavern[necro] How many men would it take to kill an elephant with their bare hands?

144 25386
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I actually know of an answer to this peculier question. I'd just be interested to hear how many men you would think necessary and why (ie., how they would take it down ).

• 144 Replies
HoodHulk58
HoodHulk58
1,181 posts
Nomad

10 to carry it and throw it into the water, drowning it.

10 people can't carry a elephant...you can't kill it by drowning it eather they can hold their trunks over water...you may not know it but they can swim in 20 ft deep water
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Only one. If you tie an elephant up, and then you can punch it till it's dead.

No rope. And no weapons for that matter, as stipulated in the title.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

No rope? Then still it's 1 man. That man can bite the elephant to death. Oh wait... Just hands?... o.o then I have no freaking clue.

playaholic
playaholic
1,098 posts
Farmer

i dont think chuck norris can even do it,but tarzan would for sure

TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

What if it's a baby elephant? That would be easy.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

No rope? Then still it's 1 man. That man can bite the elephant to death.

I think you are underestimating how thick an elephant's skin is.

What if it's a baby elephant? That would be easy.

It's a full grown elephant.

(Even if it wasn't it would still be difficult).
jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

I will go with 500.It seems reasonable for a full grown elephant.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

One. Assuming he can start from wherever he wanted, an extremely well trained person could kill an elephant by organ damage. Remember, the kill doesn't have to be quick or clean, it just has to happen.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

0. They would be long dead.

Elephants are the largest land animals around, and have been known to kill entire parties of hunters armed with guns. Their tusks can be eight feet long and their feet would crush you in seconds.

You might as well just kill yourself to save you the hassle of the elephant doing it for you.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

You guys are cruel.

So, This isn't real you know, hurr durr.

I'd say about two or three. Punch his eyballs out then just kick and punch the frig out his organs.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Depends on if the elephant retaliates....

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Elephants have thin underbellies, no?

Yeah, like Xzeno said, a well-trained person could perhaps attack it in an area where a vital organ lies, perhaps in the stomach. Organ damage is brutal.

Wait, can the elephant be a vegetable? By which I mean comatose or paralyzed.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Yeah, like Xzeno said, a well-trained person could perhaps attack it in an area where a vital organ lies, perhaps in the stomach. Organ damage is brutal.

You have one shot at doing it right. If you fail, you won't exactly be alive to do it again.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

You have one shot at doing it right. If you fail, you won't exactly be alive to do it again.

You're already trying to kill a bull elephant for whatever insane reason, so, yeah.

Wait, it IS a bull elephant, right?

And is it African or Indian? Just for the record.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

And is it African or Indian? Just for the record.

We're talking about an African bush elephant.

One. Assuming he can start from wherever he wanted, an extremely well trained person could kill an elephant by organ damage. Remember, the kill doesn't have to be quick or clean, it just has to happen.

I doubt this would be possible. The amount of force which would need to be exerted to cause organ damage to an elephant would be massive, even at its weakest points. Continual wearing down of the elephant isn't really an option here, because the one man would probably end up collapsing from exhaustion before he could do any real damage to the elephant.

Wait, can the elephant be a vegetable? By which I mean comatose or paralyzed.

No. A fully functioning elephant. If this was the case, one person could probably kill it eventually over the course of a few days.
Showing 16-30 of 144