ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98492
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

Or Morning star.

No, morningstar, there is no space.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Alright, alright.

RailroadBill
RailroadBill
43 posts
Nomad

I think the correct term is Death Star. It is truly a great weapon. Although it may not have been used in Medieval times, but it is a fact that it was used long ago, and since Medieval times were also long ago, you can easily theorize that the Death Star was a medieval weapon.

I also agree that the Death Star is the best Medieval weapon.

cactorsrose
cactorsrose
134 posts
Nomad

gives it the throw-arrow in medieval? otherwise spear to throw and the double axe.

princeofdestiny
princeofdestiny
179 posts
Nomad

Bow ALL the way :P <3 Archers

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I think the correct term is Death Star. It is truly a great weapon. Although it may not have been used in Medieval times, but it is a fact that it was used long ago, and since Medieval times were also long ago, you can easily theorize that the Death Star was a medieval weapon.

I also agree that the Death Star is the best Medieval weapon.

Okay.... Believe what you may.

spear to throw

Javelins are cool. I love them.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

It wasn't my mistake, I was telling the truth, and I am not an a*s so....yeah...sorry for trying to justify ANOTHER persons mistake, you try to say I'm an a*s look at yourself once in awhile

You're right KOsloth, it was a couple of pages back when Synallday spelled Morning Star, Mourning Star.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Ah.. Yes, a halberd is unwieldy to a beginner, but with skill it is effective.

I don't doubt it, but I have no skill at all with a halberd. Stabbing someone with a point is much more simple.

Though I have to say its luck ran out a century later. By luck, I mean its position as the dominant world power.

Meh. It was inevitable really. Although not the same, it was certainly analogous with Brittany. It's simply not economically viable to maintain military outposts all over the world. The Americans. Now they know how to build empires.
dnguyen
dnguyen
614 posts
Nomad

a dagger

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
203 posts
Nomad

do dragons count?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Meh. It was inevitable really. Although not the same, it was certainly analogous with Brittany. It's simply not economically viable to maintain military outposts all over the world. The Americans. Now they know how to build empires.

Ah yes, American empires. They sure know how to impart cultural influence. Yes, WWII exposed the vulnerability of such a far flung empire and it accelerated the end of imperial Britain.

I don't doubt it, but I have no skill at all with a halberd. Stabbing someone with a point is much more simple.

I do have to agree with you on that one.

a dagger

Please be more descriptive and specific, those kinds of posts attract the attention of moderators.

do dragons count?

No, Saint George slaying the dragon is a myth. In reality he was a Christian Roman soldier and martyr. Well according to tradition that is. Dragons don't count.
roxasthenobody
roxasthenobody
355 posts
Nomad

medieval flail

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Ah yes, American empires. They sure know how to impart cultural influence. Yes, WWII exposed the vulnerability of such a far flung empire and it accelerated the end of imperial Britain.

Indeed. Ecoinomic considerations aside, it highlighted the hypocrisy of the British to fight the 'evil' empire of the Nazis and yet try and retain one themselves.

As for the US, it's not really cultural. Well it is, but that's not the source of it's longevity. Dollar imperialism is great because the US can lend poor countries money and get them to buy their products to pay off the debt. Plus the dollars never run out, because the federal reserve can print more money whenever it wants to. Epic win for America.

I do have to agree with you on that one.

Back on topic though, I'm really looking at it from the perspective of ''if I were in a battle, what would I go for?'' Seeing as I have no real training in edged weapons, a point would probably be my best bet at staying alive. That said, I don't think I'd last too long anyway.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

As for the US, it's not really cultural. Well it is, but that's not the source of it's longevity. Dollar imperialism is great because the US can lend poor countries money and get them to buy their products to pay off the debt. Plus the dollars never run out, because the federal reserve can print more money whenever it wants to. Epic win for America.

Ah, the wonders of money and economic wealth.

Back on topic though, I'm really looking at it from the perspective of ''if I were in a battle, what would I go for?'' Seeing as I have no real training in edged weapons, a point would probably be my best bet at staying alive. That said, I don't think I'd last too long anyway.

I wouldn't last long either. Personally I would go with a light one-handed sword. As long as it's sharp. I'd just swing it around when someone would get too close. Living in an age of firearms makes swordfighting unusual for a person picking one up with no experience.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,585 posts
Duke

just a plane steel sword and sheild

Showing 136-150 of 353