ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98489
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

A Katana, it has excellent reach, speed and power, if you know how.

Do you mean that the balance between these three is excellent in a katana? Because if you look only at the reach, it isn't spectacular, in fact it is just like any other longsword. Speed isn't it's main attribute either. It is very strong however, and shows a nice trade-off between many variables.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

the gun. the chinese had it in medieval times. it qualifies.

meh they sucked back then. I like cross bows and longbows
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Crossbows really pack a punch, plus thier more accurate than a bow and arrow. If I was in a close quater combat I would choose spear.

better not get too close with that spear or my claymore will mess you up.
EndlessSporadic
EndlessSporadic
5 posts
Nomad

Katana or Ballista. I am also a fan of the trebuchet.

Rigoezbweno
Rigoezbweno
43 posts
Nomad

Bows because im a sniper LOL

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

Well, if the whip is a medieval invention, then its here. Also, the mace. Not only is it giant but a star wars character is named after it ^_~

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

well i dont got a favorite but i do like of course the sword..and the war hammer thing..the battle axe and that one weapon that looks like a quarter of a moon like the grim reapers looking kind of weapon

bigeye
bigeye
137 posts
Nomad

well i dont got a favorite but i do like of course the sword..and the war hammer thing..the battle axe and that one weapon that looks like a quarter of a moon like the grim reapers looking kind of weapon

Do you mean a halberd? Look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halberd

And the grim reapers weapon is called a Scythe: Its funny because its is used for reaping and hes the grim reaper? Hes probably based on his weapon See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythe
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Shinobi straight single-edged swords are ideal, as well as German-forged daggers.

latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

my favorite weapon is definitely the hidden blade (assassin's creed).
see: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_blade

this weapon is deadly!

plus, no matter what other weapon you have, you will not know you are attacked until its too late.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

I still stand for the AXE

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

well spartan spear sirian sword and a longbow

ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
107 posts
Nomad

Zweihanders because they are so beautiful

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

I'm talking about combos. Power can come from one powerful single swipe of the blade, or, can come in 5 swipes in 3 seconds. Basically, if you were a ninja, you wouldn't have a problem handling a katana like an expert. Katana can sift from great power to great speed, but not both at the same time. It's reach isn't all that important, if you rush like a maniac, which most people with katanas did that time. And it looks nice too

Don't you mean samurai?

I basically like most long swords and bows. One of my favorite weapons has to be the Templar Knights' great sword. My favorite bows would be the bows that the Mongols used under Genghis Khan.

Lances are also awesome, when mounted of course.
Thowra
Thowra
31 posts
Nomad

A sword? I have no idea what types of swords are out there though

Showing 241-255 of 353