ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98482
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
gbnxc
gbnxc
190 posts
Nomad

The halberd.. its so simple but so effective

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Mine has to be the catapult. They are so destructive. Nice necro by the way

killer1205
killer1205
38 posts
Nomad

the battle axe from the 16th - 17 century, very good weapons for chopping heads off

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

Crossbows, incredibly powerful, and if correctly made could be devastating in the right hands

I think the Hundred Years War (1337-1453 C.E funny year to start a war, huh?) proved this statement: Longbow > Crossbow
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Longbow > Crossbow

Not true, depends on who is using it and where you are fighting from.
Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

Not true, depends on who is using it and where you are fighting from.

History books really seem to credit the longbow for the English's victory of the THYW. While the French, on the other hand, were using crossbows. We can only really assume that both sides were equally skilled.

The longbows have the following advantages over the crossbow: easier to reload and can shoot arrows farther and faster.

The only real advantage the crossbow has over the longbow is that the user doesn't need to be as strong to pull back the arrow.
lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Anyone can use a crossbow, even infantry, who can focus training on other weapons. Longbows require a lot of training, and they might not be able to do as well in melee combat.

My favorite is the staff, which is capable of doing close to nothing to stop a heavy blow, like from a battle-axe. It does seem fun though D:

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
289 posts
Scribe

I am a fan of meteor hammers (chinese equivalent of a ball & chain).

I also like katannas.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

I like the Claymore. It's sharp, lethal, and useful.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

My favorite weapon is the mace or war hammer.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Rapier sword. Very pointy and harmful.

I like Kunais (dual wielding), but I don't know if they fit the rule :P

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Scorpio, because of it's range and power. Even though you need to have skill to use it, I think it would be pretty cool.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Crossbow was banned by the Pope, simply because any commoner could take out a noble. Nobles had heavy armor, and the bolt fired from a crossbow could peirce this armor. An arrow could not.

So its power v range when its the crossbow v longbow. You can find any situation where one wins out over the other, and they both have their pros and cons.

Swiss Pike is my favorite weapon. Its the b-tard child of a halberd and a pike. Thing could chop a horse and knight in half top to bottom.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Mine would probably be the Scimasword. It's a really huge bladed scimitar.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

My favorite has to be the Japanese Katana.
I revere the Japanese culture, especially
the kimonos and the Ninjas.

Showing 271-285 of 353