ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98487
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

OOO, that's nice, Knight. I really like the design on the the hilt. Is it celtic, and also is that a stone or metal on the base of it?

Why be surprised at the Pope's ban of the medieval version of the 'sniper' weapon, especially the repeating crossbow, Mage talked about on page 5.

bijnok
bijnok
60 posts
Baron

I love mace: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Musee-de-lArmee-IMG_1086.jpg

It could crush an arm or a head with only one shot, very good to throw at ennemie's face lol

zakilla
zakilla
53 posts
Nomad

im with eddie...the halbred is an amazing weapon

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Crossbows for its fast reloading and powerful shots, and the longbow for its impossible range.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

its like a machine gun but with arrows and its existet in the past. it was used as a turret but i heared it gives that weapon as a hand weapon too. i dont know the english word for it...

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Got to be the Welsh longbow. It enabled us English to conquer most of France....and then lose it all a few decades later, but let's not talk about that, shhh.

And for melee a simple spear. Point always beats edge. Unless you're ina shield wall. In which case short sword powns.

pk2015
pk2015
255 posts
Nomad

i find just about all medeival weapons interesting i cant really choose hehe...

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

its like a machine gun but with arrows and its existet in the past. it was used as a turret but i heared it gives that weapon as a hand weapon too. i dont know the english word for it...

You're link has an english description, it's a repeating catapult.
That will take care of those peasants!
No apology needed, your english is better than some Americans!

Wow beast, I don't know which end of that thing to be more wary of, the morning star end will end your worries but the claw end could be poisonous,gulp...
LittleHitter
LittleHitter
27 posts
Nomad

onager,scorpian or balistas and thare older than medevil

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Why be surprised at the Pope's ban of the medieval version of the 'sniper' weapon, especially the repeating crossbow, Mage talked about on page 5.

I don't see him talking about it there. And no I'm not surprised, I just find it funny. Lol, people back then should seen the a-bomb. I'm sure people of his time would interpret it has something from hell.

Crossbows for its fast reloading and powerful shots, and the longbow for its impossible range.

The crossbow wasn't that fast before. It was quite slow, but yes powerful and easier to kill with. A fellow like you or me, with probably little battle experience could of killed a king, with a single crossbow bolt after some training. Training with longbows isn't too easy.

Enough said.

I find morning stars, or spiked maces to be superior. It takes skill to wield chained weapons properly. Might as well attach that ball to a stick or a bar. That is what a mace is for.

And for melee a simple spear. Point always beats edge. Unless you're ina shield wall. In which case short sword powns.

Nice. Though as for me I have a slight preference towards more advanced polearms, such as the halberd.

Got to be the Welsh longbow. It enabled us English to conquer most of France....and then lose it all a few decades later, but let's not talk about that, shhh.

Yeah, what a waste of time that was losing against France. At least England made up for its losses through exploration and colonial pursuits a century later.

Imagine if Normandy was still English.

OOO, that's nice, Knight. I really like the design on the the hilt. Is it celtic, and also is that a stone or metal on the base of it?

I dunno. It's just a design. Nothing culture specific was mentioned. And it must be metal. Falchions are European swords which have been noted as to having similarities with Scimitars. Its blade rather short, with a heavy edge. It was a close combat weapon. It was. mass produced weapons back in medieval times.

onager,scorpian or balistas and thare older than medevil

The first and third aren't characteristically medieval weapons and the third wasn't used in Medieval times. More common medieval siege weapons would be the siege tower, trebuchet, cannon, battering ram and mangonel.

i dont know the english word for it...

The repeating crossbow is the hand held arm.
Joshman1444
Joshman1444
104 posts
Nomad

The Kukri
Cute little blade
GGimage.jhtml?pg=GGimage&action=click&tpr=sbt&amp<i class=tnrS=ZCxdm492&searchfor=kukri&ampn=2&n=77cea029&ct=PN&amptb=_X4gj1hLv8_uco.htj5roQ&st=kwd&ss=sub" alt="http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebsearch/GGimage.jhtml?pg=GGimage&action=click&tpr=sbt&amptnrS=ZCxdm492&searchfor=kukri&ampn=2&n=77cea029&ct=PN&amptb=_X4gj1hLv8_uco.htj5roQ&st=kwd&ss=sub" />

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

ok knight i know you love quoting people but really, 8?!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I've quoted more than eight once, I think and I do love responding to posts. Is this not a forum?

The Kukri

We're talking about European Medieval here, sorry.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I'm either going with Morningstar or Halberd.

john1099
john1099
94 posts
Nomad

morningstar quick and deadly

Showing 106-120 of 353