ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 98488
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
john1099
john1099
94 posts
Nomad

claymore.... medevil scotland

john1099
john1099
94 posts
Nomad

hunic compound bow best for mounted range for on foot yumi samari long bow

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

for sea the greek fire, for towers cannon towers, archer with fire arrows and "night" arrows or exploding arrows (i dont know if exploding arrows existed), catapults, balista/scorpion...more later.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

hunic compound bow best for mounted range for on foot yumi samari long bow

The Huns were not part of the High or Late Middle Ages, which is commonly thought of as being "medieval". They weren't even part of the Early Middle Ages (still thought by some as the Dark Ages). They were part of the late period of antiquity that saw the collapse of the Western Roman Empire.

for sea the greek fire,

Greek fire was cool indeed.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Nice. Though as for me I have a slight preference towards more advanced polearms, such as the halberd.

Perhaps I just don't see the point of adding an edge to a such a long and unwieldy weapon. Plus with my Greek roots, a Hoplite's spear is simply mandatory.

Yeah, what a waste of time that was losing against France.

Lol. It was never really viable. Our bases in Brittanny were far too small to sustain a large army.

At least England made up for its losses through exploration and colonial pursuits a century later.

True, but it swings round. Napoleon powned everyone, including us onmany occassions. We are just lucky he was dumb enough to pursue Zhukhov into a Russian Winter. But I digress. Longbows pown.
synallday
synallday
49 posts
Nomad

i love the mourning star

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I didn't know a depressed star was a weapon. How amazing! LOL what a grammar Nazi.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

*Reads post* Oh. *Sees something* WTF? What the hell does syaing mean?

PossibleInstability
PossibleInstability
975 posts
Nomad

oh possum....some people called it the mourning star because it caused the enemy to mourn the fallen....just syaing

That's a nice story. Too bad it's called a Morningstar.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

That's what I said!

PossibleInstability
PossibleInstability
975 posts
Nomad

That's what I said!

I know, however Sloth made up some story to try and justify his mistake. And I just felt like bringing it to everyone's attention while simultaneously mocking him 'cause he's an a*s who can't just own up and say, "Sorry, I was wrong".
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Why, the Miao dao [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miao_dao] of course.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

BTW, would anyone care to explain why medieval is so horribly misspelled in the name of the thread? And why the grammar is so horrible?

RailroadBill
RailroadBill
43 posts
Nomad

BTW, would anyone care to explain why medieval is so horribly misspelled in the name of the thread, and why the grammar is so horrible?

Fix'd
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Perhaps I just don't see the point of adding an edge to a such a long and unwieldy weapon. Plus with my Greek roots, a Hoplite's spear is simply mandatory.

Ah.. Yes, a halberd is unwieldy to a beginner, but with skill it is effective.

True, but it swings round. Napoleon powned everyone, including us onmany occassions. We are just lucky he was dumb enough to pursue Zhukhov into a Russian Winter. But I digress. Longbows pown.

Yes, his ambitions got the better of him. In Russia... Er, I forgot the rest. Good thing the British recovered and the Victorian Age followed. Though I have to say its luck ran out a century later. By luck, I mean its position as the dominant world power.

Lol. It was never really viable. Our bases in Brittanny were far too small to sustain a large army.

Yeah, it slipped away gradually, until it was too late. The chances of retaining French territory that is.

i love the mourning star

Lol.

I like the sword of mars and the blunderbuss

What's the sword of Mars exactly? Oh, and the blunderbuss isn't medieval. What the heck?

That's a nice story. Too bad it's called a Morningstar.

Or Morning star.

Fix'd

Lol.

BTW, would anyone care to explain why medieval is so horribly misspelled in the name of the thread? And why the grammar is so horrible?

Spelling. Many people don't spell well for some reason. I also note that almost all of the regulars have excellent grammar.

oh possum....some people called it the mourning star because it caused the enemy to mourn the fallen....just syaing

Nice stroy. Really, I did like it but I'm teasing you still.

Why, the Miao dao [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miao_dao] of course.

Why......

Alright, if the weapon is "medieval" it should of been used in Europe from the 5th through the 15th centuy. No weapons after that or before that. Adding non-European weapons wouldn't be too good of an idea, as the Middle (medieval) Ages is a period of European history.
Showing 121-135 of 353