ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255584
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Now here is what I don't get: there must have been a time when we did not know about God, say the paleolithic time period, where an organized language hadn't even been invented yet. Did God suddenly appear in some dudes head and then that dude told everyone that some guy he thought up rules over all of us?

Honestly, whatever they were smoking back then is a lot worse then what's being smoked now, because people had some serious hallucinations and s hit. Now someone is going to tell me an angel came down and told us that God existed. The thing is, where's the god dam proof? We say God created us, but where is the proof? Where are the pictures and the documents that describe and angel or messenger that tells about God? The ones that have been made were made hundreds of years after it supposedly happened.

valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

History written by the victor?

No actually, it's based on a true story. I'm not kidding, a dude from the future went back in time and filmed the whole thing on camera!
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Please stay on topic. Answer the question the best you can without going off on how God doesn't exist. Why? Because I'm sick of hearing atheists talk about how annoying it is when people try to convert them to atheism, but it's even more annoying listening to people convert Christians to Atheism.

If you had a son who grew up and killed a man, does that mean that you killed a man? No. It means your son killed a man. However, God did create evil, because without it, there would be no good.

Why would God create a world with good and evil rather than a world that only knows happiness? Because that's just the way it is. If I had an answer, then it would only raise "well why did God..." and it would be a never ending chain. It's just the way it is.

You don't have to believe this. This is my answer. Do I think it's true? It doesn't matter.

Dirk25
Dirk25
33 posts
Jester

God Loves everyone no matter how horrible or sick you are. No matter WHAT you do he doesnt love you any less. He will always Love you.

Satan(Lucifer) was the head of the Praise and Worship. You could call him Gods right hand man.. But he wanted more he wanted to be equal to God. BE GOD rather. Thats what Temptation is. Everything evil comes from him. Child Molestation(Rape) Murder. Steal Anger ect ect. i hope you get the point.

Dirk25
Dirk25
33 posts
Jester

Everything Evil comes from Satan. I dont wanna get you all mixed up

xOneWingedAngel
xOneWingedAngel
4 posts
Nomad

Buuut what about the Devil?
Didn't he create sin?

Ssodaro
Ssodaro
7 posts
Nomad

Arguing over something that doesn't even apply to us until we're dead seems somewhat useless to me.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Answer the question the best you can without going off on how God doesn't exist. Why? Because I'm sick of hearing atheists talk about how annoying it is when people try to convert them to atheism, but it's even more annoying listening to people convert Christians to Atheism.

Its also annoying to here theists state the same biblical stories(stories that relate to the bible, not necessarily stories from the bible) over and over again without any proof(like the post directly below yours), with the current evidence it is more logical to say 'God does not exist' instead of claiming the bible to be fact.

If you had a son who grew up and killed a man, does that mean that you killed a man? No. It means your son killed a man.

Of course the son killed the man, but the blame should not be put entirely on the son in every single instance, the son could have been extremely abused growing up, or he could have had the idea that killing a man was right drilled into his head his whole life.

However, God did create evil, because without it, there would be no good.

Good would not truly be appreciated, but it would still exist.

If I had an answer, then it would only raise "well why did God..." and it would be a never ending chain. It's just the way it is.

Not wanting to be asked a follow up question is not a good reason to avoid the first one, and if the first answer was good enough, the only people who would ask another question would be the people no one listens to and the trolls.

Everything Evil comes from Satan. I dont wanna get you all mixed up

So, God did not create everything now?

Arguing over something that doesn't even apply to us until we're dead seems somewhat useless to me.

Maybe so, but arguing something that could possibly dictate your life and turn out to be a waste of time seems pretty useful to me(but your free to challenge that).
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Its also annoying to here theists state the same biblical stories(stories that relate to the bible, not necessarily stories from the bible) over and over again without any proof(like the post directly below yours), with the current evidence it is more logical to say 'God does not exist' instead of claiming the bible to be fact.

I agree.

By silencing both sides we lose debate. In these matters you have to expect a bit of drift on topics from the OP.

If you had a son who grew up and killed a man, does that mean that you killed a man? No. It means your son killed a man.

From my understanding it's more akin to a small child then someones kid who has since grown up. In which case the parent would be responsible, especially if they knew it would happen and did nothing to stop it. Even in a scenario of a son growing up and the parents knew they would do something destructive, would it really make sense for that parents to just sit back and do nothing until after the fact?

If I had an answer, then it would only raise "well why did God..." and it would be a never ending chain. It's just the way it is.

It's important question things, it's how we learn.

For those of us who don't believe in any of this it's all hypothetical. even in hypothetical scenarios can be good mental exercises.

We could simply say God probably doesn't exist so arguing over weather he created evil or not is moot. But that wouldn't be much of a debate.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

From my understanding it's more akin to a small child then someones kid who has since grown up. In which case the parent would be responsible, especially if they knew it would happen and did nothing to stop it. Even in a scenario of a son growing up and the parents knew they would do something destructive, would it really make sense for that parents to just sit back and do nothing until after the fact?

Maybe evil exists to test man. Maybe God isn't pure good, but rather a being who uses whatever is necessary to keep the world moving round. If he exists outside our imaginations, then only God knows.

It's important question things, it's how we learn.

Indeed it is. But it is impossible to prove God's existence. Any answer to this question will prove nothing except that theists have another reason that they cling onto to believe in God.

Although some people ask this question because they doubt their faith, others ask this question to puzzle atheists, often attempting to persuade people that religion isn't true.

If I had an answer, then it would only raise "well why did God..." and it would be a never ending chain.

It's good to ask questions. I think everyone should question their religion at least once in their life. However, I believe theists should stop harassing theists with this question, because no matter what a theist says, the atheist will always be there to badger them with more questions. That is what I meant when I said it would only raise more questions.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But it is impossible to prove God's existence.

I would think a supposedly all powerful being could prove to us he exists quite easily. Even on our own merits considering how much we have been able to learn and do that was once thought to be impossible to say proving God is impossible (if he exists) truly underestimate what we can do.

It's good to ask questions. I think everyone should question their religion at least once in their life. However, I believe theists should stop harassing theists with this question, because no matter what a theist says, the atheist will always be there to badger them with more questions. That is what I meant when I said it would only raise more questions.

Still how is continuously asking questions a bad thing? You make a truly incredible and outrageous claim and continue to back it up with more incredible and outrageous claims, things that seem to go at time completely against what we know to exist. How does this not raise loads of questions?

If your going to act like you have all the answers, then expect all the questions, and if your answers make no sense then expect people to question those answers.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I would think a supposedly all powerful being could prove to us he exists quite easily.

I am going to hate this. I am going to REALLY hate this. I am going to quote something from Futurama in a debate. The words in italic are important, everything else is just a joke.

God: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.

Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.

God: Yes, if he makes it look like an electrical thing. If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

And the main quote.

God: If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

The statement that I made about asking questions was more of a communication error than anything. After rereading my first post, I realized that I replied to you, then wrote the comment about asking questions as a reply to someone who was causing problems. So this probably made my statement look more like a generalization than a response towards someone's actions. People like him shouldn't be asking these questions (out load) because they always cause problems. I should have been more clear in the first place.
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

I am going to hate this. I am going to REALLY hate this. I am going to quote something from Futurama in a debate. The words in italic are important, everything else is just a joke.

I love Futurama, and that was a good episode too.
iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,288 posts
Nomad

God didnt create everything ht also didnt create Satan and Satan created evil stuff and God is 110 percent good

Cookbook
Cookbook
15 posts
Nomad

Evil is an absence of God, like cold is of heat, and darkness of light. We are free to choose whether or not we will walk with Him, or without Him.

Showing 31-45 of 1849