ForumsGame WalkthroughsRaze: "Level 26 Hints" by SOYMASTER

90 77309
SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

I have seen many of people complaining about RAZE's 26th level. I still have yet to beat it myself, but I have gotten 1-3 kill left many of times. Below are hints that will help you if you can't get close to winning.

~Aim for the human, unless you see a robot with little health.
~Don't chase a robot with a Railgun.
~Try to get the 2x damage modifier at the top.
~Don't die because I notice that most of my team's deaths are from me.
~Keep the Railguns away from the enemy because they kill you in one shot.
~Keep your cursor near your player because you will get less lag.
~Pick up the health packs on the top corners in the elevators, even if you don't need them because the enemy will use them.
~Try to dodge grenades because these kill you in one shot 95% of the time.
~Try to combine the Grenade launcher or the Railgun with the 2x damage multiplayer.
~Try to back up teammates with low health if they are being shot at by an Uzi.
~Use your best weapon.
Note: You also need to have good aim to.

If you have, any other hints feel free to add them to the list. I will add more if I find some. Last, add feedback about hints for level 26.

• 90 Replies
zekrom1
zekrom1
60 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to add weapon choices:

Order you should use weapons: Grenade launcher, Zapper, Railgun, Chaingun, Uzi

hyakushiki112
hyakushiki112
7 posts
Peasant

Ugh... Got to 2-1 then got capped from behind T_T

PMLS18
PMLS18
38 posts
Shepherd

Sometimes enemies or even your teammates all stay in the place beside the bottom of the elevator. They just run back and forth there and shoots when there's an enemy. That gives me a good use of the rail gun and grenade launcher.

Is the Chain gun useful here?

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

sometimes, if you get lucky, the robots will just jump down into the disposal area without hitting the crates

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

[quote]Sometimes enemies or even your teammates all stay in the place beside the bottom of the elevator. They just run back and forth there and shoots when there's an enemy. That gives me a good use of the rail gun and grenade launcher.

Is the Chain gun useful here?

probably not; if your going fire at them with the chaingun by jumping up and down the elevator then no
if your going to fire at them at the ledge with the middle right elevator or the area to the left of the disposal, then you won't deal a lot of damage
it'll be too risky to stand on the same ledge as the robot/human

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

i dont recommend this, but if you use a really slow computer that causes the game to lag a lot, then everytime you run into a wall and the game pauses due to the lag, then you might be able to run through the wall after the game resumes

teryling
teryling
1 posts
Nomad

I beat it once but cant beat it again! my best bet is to get a railgun and a grenade and to camp in the elevator. Also, try shooting at the robots when they jump over the electric thingy, it makes them fall and burn.

Btw: when a robot is chasing you and you go own an elevator, shoot a grenade down and run quickly when you hit the ground, cause it will explode on the robot.

visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

Thank you.

-Legend

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

I've beaten this level several times, and I've always found this one strategy pays gold:
BE INSANELY AGGRESSIVE IN COMBAT

Careful, though, going against a robot with a rail gun is suicide. QED.
(actually only 45% of the time, but whatever)
If you want to do a suicide run on a robot, 'nade launcher, and jumjp-dodge those three shots, and load em up when it reloads. works EVERY time. Except when he gets me...
Going against the human is a good plan, 30% of the time. Just wait with a rail gun, shoot him, and have a robot come up behind you and fry you. Not a good plan.
PROTIP
Going against a robot equipped with the ray gun is 95% suicide. A robot is ALWAYS tougher than you.
PROTIP
Jump up and down in the elevatours, and fire your railgun at feet-level when you get to the top. It requires skill, but it works. Give it a 5 degree tilt upwards, to cause the most damage.
N00BTIP
Be a hero. Always block damage for your teammates. Especially if it'll kill ya.

--ZApe

korax7
korax7
2 posts
Nomad

I just beat the game a few days ago Stay away from robots!

SourHero
SourHero
2 posts
Shepherd

file:///C:/Users/clemons/Desktop/Picture1.jpg

SourHero
SourHero
2 posts
Shepherd

Apparently I don't know how to post a picture (any help would be appreciated), but I saved a screenshot of my 9-0 WIN stats for Level 26.

Thanks to everyone on the boards for the tips. Stayed in the middle, tried to avoid robots at all costs (especially if they had rail gun). I preferred to hunt the human with my rail gun, and sometimes used my grenade launcher to shoot through the floor when the enemies got stuck in the bottom-left. If only a robot was stuck in the bottom-left, then I ignored him while hunting the human because it was one less robot to worry about shooting back at me.

Even with these tips, I lost track of how many failed attempts I had. I would restart the level if my team started losing by more than 6 kills. Ultimately, it was mostly luck of having my team not be terrible for once.

Until I figure out how to post image, here are my WIN stats for Level 26:

Name / Lives / Kills / Deaths

Red Team / 9 / 21 / 16
Zombie / -1 / 4 / 1
[Me] / -4 / 4 / 4
Thyolax / -5 / 7 / 5
Gnarthuk / -6 / 6 / 6

Blue Team / 0 / 15 / 25
Robot / -5 / 3 / 5
Robot / -7 / 10 / 7
Human / -13 / 2 / 13

Kennethhartanto
Kennethhartanto
241 posts
Constable

i don't know if anybody use this trick, but AoE damage is pretty useful in this level with the grenade launcher. if an enemy is above you or separated by a wall thin enough like in the small path above the middle platform ( located above the place where crates started spawning) , you can kill them while not taking any fire from them if you are good enough

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I like using the grenade launcher for this level (its the alien cargo ship right) because you can shoot over the suicide gap and hit enemies on the other side without being shot back at.

~~~Darth Caedus

Unknown_REDACTED
Unknown_REDACTED
2 posts
Nomad

Tips:

SURVIVE. Given the choice between finishing off an enemy and running, RUN. Shoot while running, but run away. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, if you see a Robot. RUN. It's just not worth it. Hang around the corners of the map (i.e the elevators) [*] If you see an enemy, immediately start bobbing and weaving. It'll often buy you enough time to run away, which is the whole point.

Showing 76-90 of 90